“Nice hotel.. In the loop.” 4 of 5 stars
Review of W Chicago - City Center

You added W Chicago - City Center to your Saves list
W Chicago - City Center
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   172 West Adams at LaSalle, Chicago, IL 60603 (The Loop)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Book Early and Save
Ranked #73 of 174 Hotels in Chicago
Toronto, Canada
“Nice hotel.. In the loop.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2012

Stayed here for a week. The staff was nice and friendly. They had complimentary desert bars and water on check in, and complimentary coffee in the morning in the lobby. There is also complimentary WIFI in the lobby. (In this day and age, WIFI should be complimentary throughout the hotel!)

When I arrived, I booked a spectacular room, knowing that it was larger than the small, standard room. The room I got was huge, but the toilet was extremely small, especially the WC. Your knees basically hit the wall. PLUS, it was on a lower floor, and immediately adjacent to the loop train (which runs 24/7), so we were kept awake that night.

They were accommodating and moved us the next night. This room was smaller, but the WC was useable!

They have the complimentary Acura service, which is nice when you need to get somewhere really quick, and it's free!

Overall, i would stay again if I wanted to be in that area for business, but as a tourist I would much rather be in a hotel near Michigan Ave, where the action is!

Room Tip: High floor, looking into the courtyard, so you hear the trains less!
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (341)
Austin, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2012

I recently stayed at the W City Center for a freinds wedding and had the best experience at this hotel. It is a beautiful property and my room was amazing! Laurelin, their hotel Insider, was so helpful in planning my stay and truly made it awesome. Stephen at the front desk was so helpful and professional and made check-in and departure a breeze. Be sure to visit Josh, their hotel mixologist, who made my friend the most amazing hot toddy ever!!!! The wedding planner was Allsion, and I was amazed at her style and grace! Way to go W City Center! A wonderdful weekend was had by all in the Windy City!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2012 via mobile

We had a wonderful time. Our concierge Laurelin was extremely helpful urging our stay. I would definitely recommend this hotel. She helped us check int our flight and was very professional. The s'more refreshments were wonderful.

• Stayed November 2012
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2012 via mobile

I stay in W hotels whenever I travel for work, at least once a month from NYC and Florida to Chicago to LA. I prefer the city center in Chicago compared to Lakeshore for its ability to make a sexy swanky hotel also feel comforting.

The amenities fit the price of stay and I enjoy the range of public spaces to escape the confinement of one's room (nice when traveling alone!). I can work, dine or drink in the restaurant, bar or lobby lounge. When I was there I found a nook off to the side and had a drink specially crafted from the bartender Josh, who tailored his conception to my mood. Fresh and light was definitely translated in my blackberry prosecco cocktail. I recommended his service to my local client should they need to reserve a spot for their after-hour meetings.

I also enjoyed the concierge service who, along with Josh, recommended great "local" spots to grab a bite. Loved RM Champaigne salon!

I'd choose a stay at city center over convenient commute time on my next trip to Chicago, but location is still great for shopping, sightseeing and exploring.

• Stayed November 2012
Delavan, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2012

My husband and I live in Wisconsin (Go Bears!) and we have Bears season tickets. We stay at several hotels and by far this year out experience was THE BEST !! Really. Could not believe EVERYONE was great and sooooooo nice. A big THANK YOU.

Go Bears!

Mary & Ron Jongetjes

Room Tip: We didn't use the pool or kids activities but I am sure that is great as well. No tips...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Atlanta
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2012

Entire staff was great, friendly and helpful. Especially enjoyed Josh at the bar! Very knowledgeable and gifted mixologist! Knew his stuff and had some incredible creations. Very refreshing for a hotel bar.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Washington DC, District of Columbia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2012

Hotel is nice, modern, some rooms are smaller....modern decor. The train is loud in some of the rooms. The location is not that close to shops, etc on Michigan Ave. You either have to like to walk or take a cab. The Concierge Service and Front Desk service is great though. The Concierge, Dillon, set us up at a great local restaurant, Nia. Food was great and LOTS of it! If you don't mind being slightly out of the way, and want great service, this is a good choice. Also, the bed was very, very comfortable. Slept great!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to W Chicago - City Center? Share your experiences!