“Trendy hotel, nice staff” 4 of 5 stars
Review of W Chicago - City Center

You added W Chicago - City Center to your Saves list
W Chicago - City Center
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   172 West Adams at LaSalle, Chicago, IL 60603 (Downtown / The Loop)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Book Early and Save
Ranked #72 of 177 Hotels in Chicago
netherlands
“Trendy hotel, nice staff”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2012 via mobile

In loop area, close to willis tower, art institute, elevated train, which caused noise in the room. Lobby area nice for drinks, good vibe. Staff friendly. Had one hick up, with wrongful billing. Fitness limited with few stations. Room smallish for us standard, tiny bathroom. Although not bad, i would not stay here again. Restaurant for dinner quite good light modern food

Stayed November 2012, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (352)
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2012

Eden made my mom and other family members feel like roalty. The rooms look absoloutly amazing. Very modern and confortable. All the staff were very friendly and most accomadating. The location is perfect. Around the corner is willis tower (Must see).

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Austin, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2012 via mobile

I am on day 6 of a 7 day stay here at the W City Center. My first impression of the lobby and elevator was that this hotel would be perfect in Gotham City (my sons love Batman, I do not). Ironically, this hotel is not really one where you would stay with children.

I find W hotels hit or miss. This one is a hit. The staff is typical friendly, the rooms are crazy clean. There are minimal things wrong with the room (missing door latch, partial flushing commode). My favorite feature at this location is their agreement they have with Acura providing a free drop off service. Also, it's location is closer to the convention center and financial buildings than the W Lakeshore. W Lakeshore is a great location if you are planning to shop in Michigan.

Cool things about this W:
- Free coffee in the bar on your way out
- free drop off car service
- Bliss bath products
- cool under lighting under the beds
- no bedspreads on the beds
- multiple bars
- spaceous room

5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2012

We arrived having forgotten my luggage in the driveway, but maida was the most wonderful person, she gave me the toiletries that I needed to survive and settled us in to a spectacular room, when we were booked for a wonderful. I can't imagine a more wonderful end to a stressful drive! She had also arranged for wine and strawberries to be sent up after hearing that it was my birthday. I couldn't have asked for a more delightful arrival!

Bogota, Colombia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2012

I spent a few days at this hotel last week and I need to recognize that I was really surprised when I order room service and Juan, the person who provided the service was extremely friendly. Great service! Thanks Juan. Keep your attitude and enthusiasm.
It would be great if we could find people like you on a day to day base.

Room Tip: The subway makes some noise so ask for a quit suite.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2012 via mobile

While I have frequently visited the lobby and bars of various W Hotels and have appreciated the European quirkiness and funky vibe, I've learned that I don't necessarily appreciate that in my room. I stayed at the W In Chicago and while clean, both the room and the bathroom were tiny - the bathroom was so small, that I dare not close the door for fear of being stuck! I heard similar stories from other guests who were staying at the hotel. Would advise that if you are American to ask for a larger room. After all, who wants a European experience in Chicago?

Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2012

I recently stayed at the W at City center. The hotel was very nice and conveniently located near all of the attractions. If you stay there definitely ask for Maida. She is the desk agent when you first walk in. She was great. She did an amazing job of accommodating me during my stay. It happened to be my birthday weekend and she was so kind to send a small gift to my room. She was very knowledgeable about the area and provided details on how to best get around the city. I would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone in the future.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business

Been to W Chicago - City Center? Share your experiences!