“Try the Milkshake Martini!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Rudys Bar and Grille

Rudys Bar and Grille
69 E. Madison Street, Chicago, IL 60603 (Downtown / The Loop)
312-332-8111
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night
Neighborhood: Downtown / The Loop
Bedford, United Kingdom
“Try the Milkshake Martini!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2013

Excellent place to eat and drink in The Loop. Their is a bar at the front of the establishment, with a seated dining area at the rear. They do some great burgers - so good we came back a couple of evenings later after for a second visit.

They are famous locally for two items on the menu - The Challenger Burger, a 'Man vs Food'-type dish of over 5lbs of food and the Milkshake Martini. I steered well clear of The Challenger, but did have a Milkshake Martini during the second visit - very nice indeed.

Visited November 2013

Cincinnati, Ohio
“Great ambience, great food, great service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2013

What a great place to come with our two teenage daughters. Our server was wonderfully attentive. The atmosphere was warm and cozy. It felt real. The large bar at the entrance was really pretty and had a lot of character. Back in the restaurant seating section, a photograph gallery decorated the walls. I ordered the soup of the day, which was a gumbo. It was really, really good. I also recommend the macaroni and cheese, to which you can add two items, such as sausage, broccoli, onions, bacon, etc. My husband really liked his chicken sandwich and my daughter loved her burger. My other daughter thought that the chicken lettuce wraps were just okay. Also, my margarita wasn't anything special, but I would definitely put this on our list of favorite places to go in Chicago! I hope we can come again soon!

• Visited November 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Sacramento, California, USA
“Milkshake martinis!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

Heard about this place from some 'locals'. They told me Tuesday night was discount price milkshake martini night. HAD to try it out. Absolutely wonderful, ythough I drew the line at two. Food was good and atmosphere was typical bar scene, thouigh there were a number of families eating there as well.

Visited September 2013
milwaukee, wisconsin
“great location”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2013

This place is near millenium park, so a great place to stop for a cocktail. I had been here before for a happy hour.Food was great. this time however,I ordered a burger and it was terrible. Bloody mary was amazing. I just wont order food here anymore.

• Visited September 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
NJ
“Great for locals... tourists hmmm”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2013

having some drinks at the bar and ordered food... and was told by the bartender " I had to pay first ". I was stunned. Never ever had to pay before they would put an order in. She said " bar policy " and walked away.
guess they don't trust us shady tourists !

• Visited September 2013