Quick review: comfortable room in the financial district, a short walk to the lakeshore and Art Institute. Lots of theater, restaurants, etc. in the area.
I was in town for a conference again, and this place had the best rate of the nearby hotels.
Room #342 has a comfy king bed, good-size work desk, club chair, good closet and drawer space. While some rooms in this hotel are smaller, this one felt pretty spacious. There are many of amenities of a good business class hotel (coffee/tea maker; free wifi; nice toiletries) but a few I miss (no in-room safe.) The A/C, lighting, etc. works well. The view is of the alley, but I'm fine with that for a quiet room.
I love the fact that the duvet on the bed was not too warm (some hotels stock this item as if you were sleeping in the Alps with the window open in winter.) Even better: there was also a separate top sheet if you only wanted a little cover.
The bathroom has a large walk-in shower (no tub) and small-ish size, but good light and good towels make up for a lot.
Excellent housekeeping throughout.
This was a very quiet room, even with a laundry room open to guests right across the hall. Even when someone was doing laundry, it was quiet.
Iron and ironing board are available on request. Some nice touches in the room include a few books, a dictionary, etc.
There are a number of restaurants across all price ranges in easy walking distance. However, the on-site Elephant & Castle restaurant and pub has a good burger and other more traditional pub options. Comfortable bar area. Starbuck's on the corner. It will be a quick cab ride to the North Michigan Avenue shopping district, or a pleasant 15-20 minute walk on a nice day.
It's about a 15 walk to the Amtrak Union station. Subway stops are a couple of minutes' walk.
What I would improve: the desk staff are friendly, but not very proactive in pointing out the amenities of the hotel. Yes, I've been here before, but it would have been nice to have been reminded about the complimentary coffee and fruits in the guest lounge downstairs; the complimentary newspapers. This is the kind of hotel that increasingly expects guests to "do-it-yourself" with kiosks for self-check-in. They will gladly help you, which I appreciate when I have my hands full of luggage, a tote bad, and handbag, but the staff in reception seem most focused on answering phones.
So: I'd stay here again, but have to remind myself about any of the amenities I had to re-discover on my own.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Club Quarters, Chicago - Central Loop provides contemporary, efficient accommodations in an inviting, club-like atmosphere in the center of the Central Loop Chicago's downtown district near LaSalle. It is a convenient walk to the Symphony Center, the Art Institute, The Board of Trade, the Sears Tower and Grant Park. The hotel is minutes to fine dining, shopping and entertainment. Club Quarters provides:• Safe, restricted entry• Fast, easy self check-in and check-out • Fast, free high speed internet access throughout the hotel• Onsite restaurant • Multi-menu in-room dining options (through onsite restaurant and many local restaurants)• Fridge and microwave available• Unlimited complimentary chilled purified bottled water• 7 meeting and event rooms available maximum reception style 200 people• Free use of computer/printer • Ergonomic workstations• State of the art guest rooms with premium bedding• Complimentary coffee and tea• 24 hour guest service desk • Fitness room • Exercise equipment delivered to guest room upon request • Corporate Apartments available• Value rates. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, Expedia, Cheap Tickets, TripOnline SA, Priceline, Odigeo, EasyToBook and Hotels.com so you can book your Club Quarters, Central Loop reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Club Quarters Chicago - Central Loop Hotel Chicago
- Hotel Quarters Chicago Central Loop