“Better than expected!” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #67 of 174 Hotels in Chicago
Columbus, OH
“Better than expected!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2013

I was skeptical at first when booking this hotel from the dated website and low quality room images. But I was pleasantly surprised when we arrived. They seem to cater towards the business traveler. The club rooms were small but worked out fine for our needs. We stayed for 3 nights during a wedding weekend. The wedding was at the Rookery building around the corner so the location was very convenient. We were able to take a short walk to the Sears Tower and Art Museum. There is also plenty of dining and shopping in the area. The staff was great and very friendly. I self parked and the discounted rate of $22 was a steal for downtown Chicago. The lot was about 2 blocks away. For the value, I would stay here again.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (149)
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Minnesota
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2013

We stayed for a three day weekend. Staff was very helpful. Room was well appointed and clean, but small compared to other chains. However, this is a remodeled building, and they made very efficient use of the space. Free coffee in room and in the"living room", as well a cappuccino, soda, and bottled water were very helpful. Elephant &Castle restaurant on site is good, and they on serve Fullers on tap! View out our window was very restricted.
Great location for many reasons.

Room Tip: Ask for east or north facing room.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Guangzhou, China
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2013 via mobile

Stayed for 3 nights at the end of April.

Have stayed a few times before.

The CBOT and CME buildings are a few minutes walk.

I am a very light sleeper and very frequent traveller. This was my second trip from the UK in 10 days.

I asked for a room away from the air conditioning and fan extractions on the 5th floor but was given one anyway.

The problem is a constant hum that pervades everything. It's lime being on an aeroplane, one of the old United ones.

I asked to be moved but was only moved the next day and up to floors, still in sound of the fans. Had to go to Walgreens and buy ear plugs. Also got an extra pillow and covered my head. I am still feelin exhausted, 3 days later, from the lack of proper sleep.

Late checkout is reasonably priced at $35 until 3pm or $60 till 6pm.

The staff are polite and helpful.

Free printing and coffee in the club room.

Starbucks is on the corner and dunkin donuts on the other side of the post office.

There is the elephant and castle pub below for food and drink. I never go there.

• Stayed April 2013
Charlotte, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2013

My boyfriend and I stayed at the Club Quarters during our first visit to Chicago. Getting to the location was very easy and the staff was very friendly and helpful. The restaurant next door is also a great place to eat; we had breakfast there twice. During our stay, we were woken up by the fire alarm in our room beeping. We called the front desk and someone came up and removed the battery and said that they would come back and replace it. While we were waiting, we got ready for our day and by the time we were ready to leave, the battery was still not replaced and the fire alarm was still beeping every 5 minutes. We had to call the front desk again before we left to let them know that the fire alarm was still beeping and we were leaving. When we came back from breakfast, the fire alarm was finally fixed. Overall, this hotel is very clean and in a great location. We will consider staying here again.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Millbrae, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2013

Super convenient location, Exceptional and very friendly staff , room service fast and courteous people specially Faris .. wonderful person he would always go an extra step for residents. I did several stays between November and April . Danielle K. always had my favorite room reserved for me , Karina C. and Diane always took good care of my reservations and billing, Andi and Tamika the best always in suggestions for dining and restaurants in the area . not forgetting Mike and Cindy with their smile. After-all i had a wonderful experience, I diffidently would recommend this hotel for family and friends.
Abi

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Bismarck
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2013 via mobile

I have to say that every employee of this hotel was unfailingly helpful and friendly. The catering for the meeting I attended was similarly good. My room was well designed, but very small (which is fine, but might bother others) and, unfortunately, rather lacking for outside light.

The only issue I had was that the housekeeping in the room was not up to par - a night stand was dirty with residue from a previous guest (I don't care to speculate on what it might have been), the lounge chair was stained and should have been cleaned or replaced, and there was hair on the bathroom floor. Not a ton - not terrible - but not the best foot forward for this otherwise friendly hotel.

Location and price are attractive here. Service is top notch (mostly). They accommodated an early check-in without difficulty or charge.

Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2013

I stayed at the Club Quarters (Central Loop) for nearly two months, during this past summer. My experience at the hotel was great. Super convenient location, anything you could possibly want or need is in this historic part of Chicago. It's one block east of Willis tower and a few blocks west of Michigan ave and Millennium Park.

The rooms are small but have everything you would need. They are very clean too. Wifi in the room was fast! The business center on my floor, which I used often, was a functional addition as well.

Everything about the stay was great, ESPECIALLY the staff. The housekeeping was accommodating to how I preferred my room cleaned and stuff arranged. Any particular issue I had during my stay was promptly addressed by the staff.

I want to specifically mention Tamika, from the front desk. Everyday, seeing her smile, was something that brightened up my day. From giving directions to the train station, and recommending nice restaurants or places to hang out - she is the best one could hope for in terms of customer service. If you work in hotel management, take notes.

Overall, I highly recommend this hotel on your trip to Chicago. I miss my long stay here!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo

Been to Club Quarters Chicago - Central Loop? Share your experiences!