“A Pleasant Experience” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #65 of 167 hotels in Chicago
Martin, Tennessee
“A Pleasant Experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

While in Chicago I stayed at the Club Quarters on Wacker. The rooms are smaller, more the size of room in Europe, but the stay was pleasant. The rooms are clean, well decorated, and have all the amenities one could want, whether traveling for business or pleasure. You look out over the river and are only a few blocks walk from Michigan Avenue.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends

945 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (113)
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2013

I'm a ClubQuarters convert! I've said it before and I'll say it again - I've always been loyal to the Hampton Inn while traveling on business. However, I've now had another opportunity to stay at a Club Quarters hotel (sadly they only have 15 or so locations in the heart of various cities - so the Hampton Inn will still be my choice when traveling outside of these metro areas), and I'm totally converted.

Granted, the rooms may be slightly smallish in relation to some other chain hotels. But, if you're traveling alone WHO CARES???? My room in the Central Loop location wasn't overly small for one guy traveling. It was clean, had a great workstation and a nicely appointed bathroom. Free WiFi, complimentary filtered water, and complimentary snacks and coffee in the living room make this place a huge bargain.

The location of this hotel was perfect for me! It was a block from the US District Court and a block and a half from my meeting location. It was right nearby to the Monroe train stop (I took the Blue Line from O'Hare right downtown - $5 bucks to get to the City and $2.25 to get back to the airport - now THAT'S a bargain).

I stayed here for under $100 bucks. Let me say that again - I stayed in a nicely appointed business hotel located a mere block or two from where I needed to be in a major metropolitan location for UNDER $100.

Why, why, why would you stay anywhere else??? Now, I'm off to the Boston CQ to give that one a try too.

Oh, and by the way, I've seen some comments about the self-check in kiosks. Frankly, I have yet to do it all by myself. Usually there's been someone there to walk me through the process and very cheerfully at that. You know, we have no issues pumping our own gas these days at self--serve gas stations to get cheaper gas. So, what's the issue with self-checking at a nice hotel, in a major city, to save a few bucks???

Service here has been outstanding in my opinion.

White Lake, Michigan, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2013

Really enjoyed my one night business stay. Great concept for a hotel and well executed. I was able to walk to everything I needed, and the adjacent restaurant was excellent. Modest fitness center was all I needed for a great workout. Also, parking fee allows unlimited in/out, so not to worry. The hotel is on the same block as a client I work with. The after-the-stay service was also excellent as somehow I left my computer glasses in the room. The were found, cataloged and readily available after I connected with housekeeping. Heather Fedexed them right away. I'll stay again, no doubt.

Room Tip: 10th floor room was quiet.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2013

I stayed here one night on business. Check-in was fast and seamless. The room was bigger than I expected and included a small seating area and kitchenette. I couldn't hear any noise from the neighboring rooms at night. Check-out at a very busy time in the morning was also fast and easy. Overall, a very good hotel for business travelers.

Madison, WI
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2013

I had NEVER stayed in a Club Quarters hotel and I hope to NEVER stay again. I am staying here because a business meeting booked this place. It was the middle of winter and I walked in a full winter coat with a purse, a laptop, an overnight bag and a few items in my hand including a valet check tag for my car (which I really do want to be able to get back when I leave). The lobby staff directed me to the self check-in, but there was NO PLACE to put any of the items in my hands EXCEPT the floor. They lobby staff was impatient with me. Only after I said, "Do you not see all the stuff I have in my hands?" did the lobby staff offer to hold some of them for me. Afterward she argued that she offered to hold my stuff. Yeah, only AFTER I had to point out my hands and shoulders were full with bags and stuff. When I finally put all my stuff ON THE FLOOR, did I mention the floor with all the winter salt and dirt?, and inserted my credit card (the wrong direction because the instructions were in small letters at about hip level and in the opposite direction as the self check-in machines at the airlines) the guy (Mike) comes running over snipping at me that I put it in the wrong way and knocks over my suitcase. When I return, a thanks for knocking over my suitcase, he actually has the nerve to BLAME me! Then he pushes all these buttons and rushes me through the screens that I don't have time to look at any of them. And in the end, they ARGUED that they were nothing but nice and I was ALL to blame for snipping back. Yeah, great customer service. I work in customer service, and I NEVER argue with the customer or twist what happened to make it their fault.

I get to the room and there is only ONE set of towels and the sink is dirty and broken (see picture).

The work area in the room is decent, enough room for a laptop, adequate outlets, no added cost WiFi. I also like that the thermostat was digital. Easier to dial in a comfortable temperature.They also have one of those filtered water machines for refilling water bottles in the hall.

To top it off, I emailed the facility manager and he sides with the lobby staff. I stay in ALOT of hotels, and this was the second to worse experience I have had. Note that I have a number of Very Good and Excellent Trip Advisor reviews, so I am not just a complainer.

My advice, DO NOT STAY HERE, There are many, many hotel options in the Chicago Loop area.

Room Tip: Please choose another hotel.
Kansas City, Missouri
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2013

After staying at a corporate, chain hotel for 2 days, I enjoyed Club Quarters as a welcomed change. The staff was personal, helpful, and welcoming. While the room was a bit small, the extras made my stay more than enjoyable. Fast wi-fi throughout the whole building, even in the gym, a short walking distance to the "L", and blocks away from State St. and Michigan Ave, I would recommend this hotel to any traveler with high expectations but on a budget.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
buffalo grove
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2013

stayed here just overnight for a few hours so we wouldn't have to drive home late at night. the price was right: $89. everything is just fine, the room has everything you need plus free wifi. I would have given it 5 stars if the room was bigger but it's tiny. it was okay for us as we didn't stay long but it's small and cramped. if size is not important to you this is a great place to stay. they did offer us an upgrade to a suite for $25 add'l but as I said we were only staying there a few hours. my wife complained that the bed was not comfy. I thought it was firm and very comfy. highly recommend this hotel for the business traveler (nothing there of interest for kids)

Room Tip: if you're claustrophobic you better upgrade to a suite for $25
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Club Quarters Chicago - Central Loop? Share your experiences!