I'm a ClubQuarters convert! I've said it before and I'll say it again - I've always been loyal to the Hampton Inn while traveling on business. However, I've now had another opportunity to stay at a Club Quarters hotel (sadly they only have 15 or so locations in the heart of various cities - so the Hampton Inn will still be my choice when traveling outside of these metro areas), and I'm totally converted.
Granted, the rooms may be slightly smallish in relation to some other chain hotels. But, if you're traveling alone WHO CARES???? My room in the Central Loop location wasn't overly small for one guy traveling. It was clean, had a great workstation and a nicely appointed bathroom. Free WiFi, complimentary filtered water, and complimentary snacks and coffee in the living room make this place a huge bargain.
The location of this hotel was perfect for me! It was a block from the US District Court and a block and a half from my meeting location. It was right nearby to the Monroe train stop (I took the Blue Line from O'Hare right downtown - $5 bucks to get to the City and $2.25 to get back to the airport - now THAT'S a bargain).
I stayed here for under $100 bucks. Let me say that again - I stayed in a nicely appointed business hotel located a mere block or two from where I needed to be in a major metropolitan location for UNDER $100.
Why, why, why would you stay anywhere else??? Now, I'm off to the Boston CQ to give that one a try too.
Oh, and by the way, I've seen some comments about the self-check in kiosks. Frankly, I have yet to do it all by myself. Usually there's been someone there to walk me through the process and very cheerfully at that. You know, we have no issues pumping our own gas these days at self--serve gas stations to get cheaper gas. So, what's the issue with self-checking at a nice hotel, in a major city, to save a few bucks???
Service here has been outstanding in my opinion.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Club Quarters, Chicago - Central Loop provides contemporary, efficient accommodations in an inviting, club-like atmosphere in the center of the Central Loop Chicago's downtown district near LaSalle. It is a convenient walk to the Symphony Center, the Art Institute, The Board of Trade, the Sears Tower and Grant Park. The hotel is minutes to fine dining, shopping and entertainment. Club Quarters provides:• Safe, restricted entry• Fast, easy self check-in and check-out • Fast, free high speed internet access throughout the hotel• Onsite restaurant • Multi-menu in-room dining options (through onsite restaurant and many local restaurants)• Fridge and microwave available• Unlimited complimentary chilled purified bottled water• 7 meeting and event rooms available maximum reception style 200 people• Free use of computer/printer • Ergonomic workstations• State of the art guest rooms with premium bedding• Complimentary coffee and tea• 24 hour guest service desk • Fitness room • Exercise equipment delivered to guest room upon request • Corporate Apartments available• Value rates. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Odigeo and EasyToBook so you can book your Club Quarters, Central Loop reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Club Quarters Chicago - Central Loop Hotel Chicago
- Hotel Quarters Chicago Central Loop