“Treated poorly, room in poor shape” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Club Quarters, Central Loop

You added Club Quarters, Central Loop to your Saves list
Club Quarters, Central Loop
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   111 W Adams St, Chicago, IL 60603 (Downtown / The Loop)   |
Ranked #77 of 178 Hotels in Chicago
Madison, WI
“Treated poorly, room in poor shape”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2013

I had NEVER stayed in a Club Quarters hotel and I hope to NEVER stay again. I am staying here because a business meeting booked this place. It was the middle of winter and I walked in a full winter coat with a purse, a laptop, an overnight bag and a few items in my hand including a valet check tag for my car (which I really do want to be able to get back when I leave). The lobby staff directed me to the self check-in, but there was NO PLACE to put any of the items in my hands EXCEPT the floor. They lobby staff was impatient with me. Only after I said, "Do you not see all the stuff I have in my hands?" did the lobby staff offer to hold some of them for me. Afterward she argued that she offered to hold my stuff. Yeah, only AFTER I had to point out my hands and shoulders were full with bags and stuff. When I finally put all my stuff ON THE FLOOR, did I mention the floor with all the winter salt and dirt?, and inserted my credit card (the wrong direction because the instructions were in small letters at about hip level and in the opposite direction as the self check-in machines at the airlines) the guy (Mike) comes running over snipping at me that I put it in the wrong way and knocks over my suitcase. When I return, a thanks for knocking over my suitcase, he actually has the nerve to BLAME me! Then he pushes all these buttons and rushes me through the screens that I don't have time to look at any of them. And in the end, they ARGUED that they were nothing but nice and I was ALL to blame for snipping back. Yeah, great customer service. I work in customer service, and I NEVER argue with the customer or twist what happened to make it their fault.

I get to the room and there is only ONE set of towels and the sink is dirty and broken (see picture).

The work area in the room is decent, enough room for a laptop, adequate outlets, no added cost WiFi. I also like that the thermostat was digital. Easier to dial in a comfortable temperature.They also have one of those filtered water machines for refilling water bottles in the hall.

To top it off, I emailed the facility manager and he sides with the lobby staff. I stay in ALOT of hotels, and this was the second to worse experience I have had. Note that I have a number of Very Good and Excellent Trip Advisor reviews, so I am not just a complainer.

My advice, DO NOT STAY HERE, There are many, many hotel options in the Chicago Loop area.

Room Tip: Please choose another hotel.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (192)
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Kansas City, Missouri
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2013

After staying at a corporate, chain hotel for 2 days, I enjoyed Club Quarters as a welcomed change. The staff was personal, helpful, and welcoming. While the room was a bit small, the extras made my stay more than enjoyable. Fast wi-fi throughout the whole building, even in the gym, a short walking distance to the "L", and blocks away from State St. and Michigan Ave, I would recommend this hotel to any traveler with high expectations but on a budget.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
buffalo grove
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2013

stayed here just overnight for a few hours so we wouldn't have to drive home late at night. the price was right: $89. everything is just fine, the room has everything you need plus free wifi. I would have given it 5 stars if the room was bigger but it's tiny. it was okay for us as we didn't stay long but it's small and cramped. if size is not important to you this is a great place to stay. they did offer us an upgrade to a suite for $25 add'l but as I said we were only staying there a few hours. my wife complained that the bed was not comfy. I thought it was firm and very comfy. highly recommend this hotel for the business traveler (nothing there of interest for kids)

Room Tip: if you're claustrophobic you better upgrade to a suite for $25
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
WINTHROP HARBOR
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2013

A wonderful experience for a quick business overnight. Comfortable, clean, quiet and excellent customer service from the minute I pulled up to the valet station. Ninos explained the options and valet service @ $35 for unlimited parking was an incredible deal in Chicago. Front desk check in and check-out was quick and courteous... I would highly recommend this gem of a Chicago hotel in the business district.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Buffalo Grove, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2013

Heart of the business district. Clean. Comfy enough. Did not love the bed but husband had no complaints. For the price, this is an excellent value. We needed a place to sleep & shower after a very long day and late night. Did not want to drive home. This was 2 blocks from where we were having dinner & seeing a show and was $89 on a Friday night. Perfect! The view is of other office buildings so don't expect "lake" or "city" views. There is a pub in the lobby, there are many terrific dining options nearby. They have water machines with plastic "to go" bottles. I like this place and would not hesitate to recommend. We have been here a few times. Staff is very pleasant. If you are just looking for sleeping/shower space and not fancy - schmancy, you won't be disappointed.

Room Tip: I really appreciated the room darkening drapes so I could sleep a bit later than usual.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Captiva Island, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2013 via mobile

We were visiting Chicago for the first time and we were confused where to stay. But at the end we ended up by staying in the best location in chicago near all the attractions and in a walking distance to the train and bus station.the room was good and clean.

• Stayed February 2013
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2013 via mobile

Don' t expect a Marriott or high end hotel. Small rooms typical for an older city hotel. Bathroom is a bit larger than a lav on an airplane. Beds are ok but not great. Location is good and check- in and check-out was fast and simple.

• Stayed February 2013