I had NEVER stayed in a Club Quarters hotel and I hope to NEVER stay again. I am staying here because a business meeting booked this place. It was the middle of winter and I walked in a full winter coat with a purse, a laptop, an overnight bag and a few items in my hand including a valet check tag for my car (which I really do want to be able to get back when I leave). The lobby staff directed me to the self check-in, but there was NO PLACE to put any of the items in my hands EXCEPT the floor. They lobby staff was impatient with me. Only after I said, "Do you not see all the stuff I have in my hands?" did the lobby staff offer to hold some of them for me. Afterward she argued that she offered to hold my stuff. Yeah, only AFTER I had to point out my hands and shoulders were full with bags and stuff. When I finally put all my stuff ON THE FLOOR, did I mention the floor with all the winter salt and dirt?, and inserted my credit card (the wrong direction because the instructions were in small letters at about hip level and in the opposite direction as the self check-in machines at the airlines) the guy (Mike) comes running over snipping at me that I put it in the wrong way and knocks over my suitcase. When I return, a thanks for knocking over my suitcase, he actually has the nerve to BLAME me! Then he pushes all these buttons and rushes me through the screens that I don't have time to look at any of them. And in the end, they ARGUED that they were nothing but nice and I was ALL to blame for snipping back. Yeah, great customer service. I work in customer service, and I NEVER argue with the customer or twist what happened to make it their fault.
I get to the room and there is only ONE set of towels and the sink is dirty and broken (see picture).
The work area in the room is decent, enough room for a laptop, adequate outlets, no added cost WiFi. I also like that the thermostat was digital. Easier to dial in a comfortable temperature.They also have one of those filtered water machines for refilling water bottles in the hall.
To top it off, I emailed the facility manager and he sides with the lobby staff. I stay in ALOT of hotels, and this was the second to worse experience I have had. Note that I have a number of Very Good and Excellent Trip Advisor reviews, so I am not just a complainer.
My advice, DO NOT STAY HERE, There are many, many hotel options in the Chicago Loop area.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Club Quarters, Chicago - Central Loop provides contemporary, efficient accommodations in an inviting, club-like atmosphere in the center of the Central Loop Chicago's downtown district near LaSalle. It is a convenient walk to the Symphony Center, the Art Institute, The Board of Trade, the Sears Tower and Grant Park. The hotel is minutes to fine dining, shopping and entertainment. Club Quarters provides:• Safe, restricted entry• Fast, easy self check-in and check-out • Fast, free high speed internet access throughout the hotel• Onsite restaurant • Multi-menu in-room dining options (through onsite restaurant and many local restaurants)• Fridge and microwave available• Unlimited complimentary chilled purified bottled water• 7 meeting and event rooms available maximum reception style 200 people• Free use of computer/printer • Ergonomic workstations• State of the art guest rooms with premium bedding• Complimentary coffee and tea• 24 hour guest service desk • Fitness room • Exercise equipment delivered to guest room upon request • Corporate Apartments available• Value rates. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Travelocity, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Orbitz, Odigeo and Hotels.com so you can book your Club Quarters, Central Loop reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Club Quarters Chicago - Central Loop Hotel Chicago
- Hotel Quarters Chicago Central Loop