“Nothing short of my expectation” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Conrad Chicago

You added Conrad Chicago to your Saves list
Conrad Chicago
4.5 of 5 Hotel   |   521 North Rush Street, at Michigan Avenue, Chicago, IL 60611 (Magnificent Mile)   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #21 of 177 Hotels in Chicago
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Calgary, Canada
“Nothing short of my expectation”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2013 via mobile

Clean, great service, good size room, friendly and helpful staff ... Conrad at it's best !
I stayed there before and i had issues with the front desk staff, now it was perfect and the employees at the front desk were great.. I will be back

Stayed April 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (400)
  • Korean first
London, England.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2013

We stayed on a Sunday night across the Easter weekend when occupancy appeared low. There were three agents at the check-in desk who, heads down, each studiously ignored us when we arrived. When it was finally offered the check-in process was mechanistic and a little cold. With our diamond Honors we got a room on a high floor but apart from that this seemed to be just a regular room and we were particularly disappointed that there was no in-room coffee facility - instead this meant an inconvenient wait for room service or a walk out to Starbucks to get coffee.

The hotel is very well maintained and everything in the room - towels, bed linen, robes etc - was good quality and in great condition. The property is well located for the shops on Michigan and is connected to Nordstrom and a small mall via a walkway.

There is no exec lounge at this hotel so the complimentary Honors breakfast is offered in the main restaurant. With few guests staying we found this rather a soulless place reinforced by tinny-sounding background music. The set Honors breakfast offering which was served to our table was frugal and unsatisfying. Instead of choosing this we might have been better to opt for the a la carte breakfast menu with the $19 per person discount that the Hotel makes available to eligible Honors members.

All-in-all this was a perfectly adequate stay and the Conrad is a nice hotel, but it's not in the league of other Conrads we've enjoyed and probably not somewhere we'd rush back to when next in Chicago.

Boston, MA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2013

Conrad is supposed to be the gilded Hilton brand, the pinnacle properties that they put in their sceensavers in their business center and in the background photos on their website. When I booked a stay for the Conrad in Chicago, I was expecting just that. Instead, what I got was a pretty nice urban Hilton.

First, the hotel isn't in a horrible location, but it's far enough from a subway station that it felt like a trek to walk with bags to the hotel. The lobby to the hotel is up two-thirds of the way into the building, so you have to take an elevator to get to the lobby, check-in, walk all the way past the bar and restaurant, and then walk to another bank of elevators to get to your room.

Despite the fact that the hotel was mostly empty, the hotel didn't offer any upgrades for my Gold status. The standard room was reasonably sized and well-apportioned, but not anything remarkable relative to a standard Hilton or, say, a Westin or Marriott. The bed was very comfortable, but I had some trouble keeping the room at a comfortable temperature; it always seemed too hot or too cold.

They did offer one of four breakfast options on the restaurant menu or, excitedly, $19 towards whatever I wanted on the menu, in addition to giving me points at checkin. Wi-fi was sound, if unspectacular. This is a perfectly fine hotel, but it's not one worth aspiring to or getting your hopes up for. It's also not worth the premium versus staying at one of the cheaper Chicago hotels elsewhere in the city (eg the Palmer House Hilton).

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
Chris H, General Manager at Conrad Chicago, responded to this review, April 8, 2013
Thank you for your response. I am sorry to hear we did not live up to your expectations for a Conrad experience. We do offer improved amenities and service over a Hilton including complimentary coffee, Wifi, and health club, but should have recognized your Gold status and if available provide you an upgrade. I would be happy to supply that on your next visit to Chicago and the Conrad. Thank you for staying with us!
Brussels, Belgium
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2013

I spent 4 nights at the Conrad in Chicago last September, attending a conference.
The hotel is locate in the magnificent miles area, so at walking distance of all the major attractions of the city.
The hotel is not impressive and the lobby is located at last floor of a big megastore: indeed the hotel can be entered by the shopping mall and that was giving me some avantages when lloking for something to buy.
The room was quite spacious and comfortable. No lounge vaialble at the hotel, but they gave me free breakfast as Diamond HHonors.
There ia a bar on the terrace at the lobby level: good for an happy hour!
The staff was friendly and ready to give some tips about restaurants, etc....
It was quite expensive but during that period there were a lot of conferences and exhibitions: I booked very late and indeed it was ...the cheaper of the last "decent" hotels.
A good stay!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
ORLEANS
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2013

We were greatly delighted by our stay (for 4 nights) at the Conrad Hotel, Chicago.
The people at the reception have been extremely friendly and helpful, and the services at the hotel have been perfect. It's certainly a hotel we would return to, the next time we shall be visiting Chicago. We shall certainly recommend this hotel warmly to all our friends.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2013

We recently enjoyed a terrific stay at the Conrad hotel in Chicago. We were delighted by the cleanliness of the room/overall hotel. The location could not be beat-excellent access to Michigan Ave. through the Nordstrom's mall, an easy walk to the Art museum and great restaurant choices within walking distance. We travel to Chicago a fair amount to visit family and will make the Conrad our choice for all future visits.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Conrad Hotels & Resorts

5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2013

My wife and I got away for a couple of nights while visiting our son who lives in Chicago. After shopping online thru the what seems like hundreds of hotels near the Mag Mile we found a listing for the Conrad. Being from Indianapolis we were familiar with the Conrad brand and its' classy reputation. In Indy, it is one of the city's premiere hotels. Actually I never thought I could afford to stay at such a nice place but was surprised to see a really great rate while doing my Chicago search. Not sure if I caught it just right, and I did apply a corporate rate, but for what I paid I received outstanding value. All levels of the staff were top notch. Never once did I not get greeted warmly by a staff member. From the plush accomadations that were impecably clean to the great location, I would recommend this property especially if you can get a decent rate. Actually if I would have paid a little more I still would have been satified. We had a Superior level 10th floor room facing North and the view was decent considering all the tall buildings nearby. This hotel has exits into a very nice mall (The Shops at North Bridge) so you never have to go outside. This mall has Nordstrom and many other nice stores. Also this hotel has access to Michigan Avenue 24 hours a day. The Conrad is on Rush street and Michigan Ave is the next street to the east. I enjoyed the complementary morning coffee and my wife liked the afternoon tea that is available in the lobby. So what else can I say, my wife and I thoroughly enjoyed our stay at the Conrad and when we go back to Chicago it will be the first place I check for availabilty.

Review collected in partnership with Conrad Hotels & Resorts

Been to Conrad Chicago? Share your experiences!