“Fabulous Choice for Downtown Chicago !” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Conrad Chicago

You added Conrad Chicago to your Saves list
Conrad Chicago
4.5 of 5 Hotel   |   521 North Rush Street, at Michigan Avenue, Chicago, IL 60611 (Magnificent Mile)   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #21 of 177 Hotels in Chicago
Certificate of Excellence 2014
CSN88
“Fabulous Choice for Downtown Chicago !”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2013

Stayed the week of March 18, 2013 at the Conrad Chicago and we had a great experience ! The hotel is beautiful and there is a sense of history there. The room was a corner unit on the 8th floor with a spectacular view and everything one would expect for convenience. I managed to forget a cellphone charger and one was promptly delivered to me (at no charge) for my stay. The front desk staff is incredible and they helped my crew (4 rooms) with every detail we needed for our business trip. FInally... the location. You are connected to a mall via a walkway and elevator + adjacent to Michigan Avenue. Near some incredible restaurants (try Volare for Italian and Michael Jordan's or Gibson's for steak). It is very convenient for walking and finding a cab (if need be) is simple. The hotel restaurant served a great breakfast as well. It took appx 25 minutes to get to Midway A/P from tye hotel on a weeknight.

Room Tip: Ask for a Michigan Avenue view if possible !
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (400)
  • Korean first
Bloomfield Hills, Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2013

My wife and I recently visted Chicago and stayed at the Conrad Chicago Hotel for two nights. The dates of our stay were March 14th and March 15th. We were in town to attend a showing of Alvin Ailey dance theatre and decided to stay at the Conrad Chicago because we had read many great reviews about the hotel on Trip Advisor. Chicago holds a special place in our hearts as it is the city where my wife and I became engaged. We usually visit from Michigan two or three times a year.

When we arrived at the hotel, we were greeted by a very friendly doorman who offered to take our bags. We declined because we only had two bags and felt that we could carry them. We chose to valet our vehicle as it was only about $10 more a night when compared to self parking. We took the elevator up to the front desk to check-in. Check-in was fast and easy. Our room was ready and we were able to go right up. I asked for a high floor. We were given a nice room on the 9th floor. The room was clean and cosey. Cleanliness is very important to myself and my wife when staying at a hotel, so it was important to us that the room looked, smelled and was clean. The Conrad Chicago did not disappoint in this area. The location of the Conrad Chicago is great. It's right in the middle of everything and right on the Mag Mile. The hotel is also connected to a shopping complex which includes a Nordstrom and a number of other convenient apparel stores. The king size bed was very nice and comfortable. It was covered in clean white linen and a number of comfortable, fluffy pillows. We slept very well each night. The halls were also quiet which was a plus since we were there over the St. Patrick's Day weekend. The bathroom was very spacious and had both a shower and separate soaking tub. We did not get a chance to utilize the tub but it seemed very comfortable - - a nice addition and good place for a romantic bath with your spouse.

Our view from the room was not that great as we were on the city side and the view was obstructed by other hotels and buildings. We did not mind that much as we did not spend that much time in the room anyway. The hotel itself is very well maintained and beautiful. There is a restaurant and a bar in the lobby. The bar stayed pretty busy throughout our stay. We stopped in on the second night and had a few drinks since the package that we had included 25% off items purchased at the bar, restaurant or room service. The drinks were a nice size and well made.

When we checked in, we used two credit cards. One was to pay for the room and the other was to put the incidental fee of $100.00 a night on ($200.00 for both nights). The front desk agent mistakenly charge both cards the incidental fee initiating a hold of $400.00. By the time I had realized that this had happened, it was 11:00pm and our banking institution was closed. I contacted the front desk and asked to speak with a manager. I was greeted by Ron, the night manager. I explained to him what had happened and he could not have been more friendly and understanding. This was very refreshing to get a manager that really seemed interested about giving good customer service. Ron took down the details of the incident and told me to contact the day shift manager first thing in the morning. Ron said that the day shift manager would contact my banking institution and do everything they could to have the bank release the additional $200 hold that had been placed on my card.

In the morning, I contacted the front desk again and asked to speak with the manager on duty. This time I was greeted by Lali. She was also very friendly and knew why I was calling without me having to explain the issue again. I had already contacted my bank and found out what they would need from the hoetl in order to release the hold. I gave these details to Lali, along with the number of my bank and Lali took care of the rest. About 20 minutes later I received a call from Lali letting me know that the situation had been taken care of. I checked my account and saw that the bank had released the money. In addition to working with me to fix the mix-up, the Conrad also gave us two vouchers for breakfast for two! We did use the vouchers the following morning and were very pleased that we did. Breakfast was delivered to our room by a very nice and professional room service attendant and it was very good.

We had originally planned to stay at the Conrad for only two nights but we were enjoying our stay so much that we decided that we wanted to stay a third night. We called the front desk to try and extend our stay but was notified by Ron that the hotel was sold out. However, Ron still assisted us by calling around to other area hotels and booking our reservation for an additional night at a nearby hotel. We were sad that we could not stay at the Conrad an additional night but we were overwhelmingly pleased with the great service and attention that we did received during our stay. When we return to Chicago, we will absolutely stay at the Conrad Chicago again. Very Highly Recommended!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Minneapolis, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2013

This hotel throughly impressed me. I can freely admit that does not happen to me often. I can be very picky, and when I travel I become a cranky tyrant that can find something wrong with just about anything.

To start:

The hotel is absolutley beautiful. This is NOT the Holiday Inn people. Dont get it confused.

The desk staff allowed me and my colleague to check into our room at nearly the break of dawn, although check in was not until noon. To 2 weary travelers, not having to go wander in the cold in day old clothes was the cue of an angel choirs. That being said, dont go up to them and expect them to let you check in early. There are always circumstannces that can affect what they can and cannot do for you. But you still go further with sugar than vinegar.

The rooms? Impeccable. They look exactly as they do on the hotels website. From the thick carpeting, the linens, the wood tones, the lighting, the windows, the finishes, it was full circle elegance. Ive stayed at every high end hotel you can think of and this competes with the best of them, and I dont feel like I made a down payment on a morgatge when I checkout. (If you've stayed at the Ritz you know what I mean)

The location? I cound not have positioned it better myself. Literally RIGHT on the Magnificent Mile, and you dont even have to go out side to get to a pretty sizeable shopping mall with a Nordstrom among many other stores. Almost anything is walking distance or a very short cab ride. With the architecture in that city, just going on a walk can be like going to a museum. If your looking to hit the landmarks (Ginos, the Riverwalk, Water Tower Place, Hancock Center) you count not be in a better location.

The service? Extraordianry. These people know what they are doing. Its nice to know that some people still have a passion for hospitality. To top of the early check in, we also were able to check out late as well. Not super late, but I believe we got an extra hour to relax instead of wandering around until we could go to the airport.

This will continue to be my default hotel for when I am in the Windy City.

Highgly Recomended!

Room Tip: I was able to request a room on a high floor and away from the elevator. They were more than happy t...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2013

Once again we had a great stay at this property right in the middle of Chicago. The location is great as is the hotel itself. We were checked in by Delado and what a great addition to your team. He is an asset that ANY brand would be lucky to have. Very personable and attentive. We have stayed here many times and will continue to do so.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Springboro, OH
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2013

When the doorman greets you by name a couple hours after you arrived, you know this is a place where top notch service does exist. The Conrad Chicago was a lovely place to stay! When we arrived at 9:00 a.m. and asked them just to hold our bags while we shopped until check-in time, they said they had a room ready right then. Bliss! The room was quite nice, including bathrobes, slippers, Bose sound system and even real wine glasses. The location is perfect for shopping the Magnificent Mile.

Room Tip: As always when checking into a hotel, we asked for a quiet room away from elevators and ice machines...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
College Station, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2013

The choice of three toiletry brands, turndown service, hypoallergenic room, and friendly staff all contributed to three nights of low-stress in central Chicago. The restaurant has two nice breakfast options for HHonors members with Gold or Diamond Status, which we also enjoyed. Proximity to Nordstrom, Miracle Mile, and restaurants was a plus.

• Stayed March 2013
South Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2013

No complaints whatsoever at this exceptional service focused hotel. Prime location for dining, shopping, etc. The customer service from the room service to the bars (say hello to Eddie) and restaurants were outstanding. The room was large in size and very comfortable and quiet. Any food ordered within the hotel was absolutely delicious. The exercise room had a variety of workout equipment and is located on the 11th floor. Valet came with my car within five minutes. Would not hesitate to recommend a stay at this great hotel. Just an all around great experience!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business

Been to Conrad Chicago? Share your experiences!