“More of a Boutique Hotel” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Conrad Chicago

Save Saved
You added Conrad Chicago to your Saves list
Conrad Chicago
4.5 of 5 Hotel   |   521 North Rush Street, at Michigan Avenue, Chicago, IL 60611 (Near North Side)   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Sunday Special from $129
Ranked #14 of 168 hotels in Chicago
Cleveland, Ohio, United States
“More of a Boutique Hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2012

I stayed in Conrad Chicago for just a night this Friday. When it comes to Conrad, you always expect more. Well, the room is clean and spacious, the bathroom is like... WOW. But as the city view rooms are sold out, my room has a view of an office building 50 feet away. That's not very desirable if you think privacy is important.

I especially like the Bose media system which you can connect to your iPad. Free WiFi is fast, so I am able to watch Netflix all night on TV in a hotel room.

One thing I don't quite like is that there's not an elevator to take you to street level. You have to "transfer" at the 5th floor lobby. Sometimes the electors can be busy, especially the ones shared with Nordstrom.

Overall this is a nice boutique-feeling hotel at a perfect location. I used my HHonors point (it's even on sale so only 36,000 pts) to redeem the night, so i have nothing to complain. It usually costs you more than $250, and I think with that price you can get better somewhere in the loop. On Magnificent Mile, this is probably the best.

• Stayed November 2012

2,146 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (340)
  • Korean first
Sao Paulo, SP
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2012

This hotel is quiet, near the shopping area (you can enter in a 4 level NORDSTROM shopping from the hotel elevator), has a correct fitness center, and very good rooms. Try the 1019 room, for the king size bed. The service is awesome, with polite and helpfull staff.

Room Tip: Room 1019 is very good, with king size bed and nice bathroom.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Williamstown, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2012

I was delighted when I found out that the company bringing me out to Chicago for an interview had put me up at this hotel the night before so I wouldn't have to worry so much about delayed flights. I stayed here once before in June 2011 (I wrote a review then) and loved it. As before, the service here was spot-on. The check-in clerk asked if this was my first time and was able to tell me about what was new since then (new fitness center which I didn't get a chance to see).

I stayed in a two double-bed room this time. The room size was about typical for a newer hotel. I didn't feel cramped and I do tend to feel claustrophobic in smaller hotel rooms.To my surprise, a lot of the amenities I had in the suite I had last year when I was in Chicago for vacation were in the room for this visit. For example: robe, slippers, lighted closet, shoe shine kit, mouthwash, and more.

All in all, this is still an excellent hotel and is the standard by which I judge all other hotels where I've stayed ever since my first visit.

By the way, the bathroom in my room only had a stall shower. If you need a tub, I suggest checking with the hotel first. The suite I had last year had both a jacuzzi tub and a stall shower.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2012

This is a beautiful property located one block from The Magnificent Mile and connected to the Shops at North Bridge which is anchored by Nordstrom. The best of Chicago is within walking distance of this hotel. The rooms, while not huge, are very tastefully appointed and very clean. The staff were all friendly and helpful. The Terrace bar and restaurant are very convenient and offer very nice dining and night life.

Room Tip: Select a higher floor for a better chance at a good view. There are tall buildings surrounding the h...
Minneapolis, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2012

I stayed in Conrad for 1 night and am very pleased with the hotel. The location is great! In the middle of Michigan ave and you can also exit to Rush street and find many great restaurants close by (try Joe's crabstone!). This hotel also connected to Nordstrom shopping mal so you don't even have to walk far to shop!
The room is pretty large and very clean and the bed is pretty comfortable. The staff is friendly and very helpful.
Breakfast at the hotel is good! Try the caramalized banana pancakes..it is just wonderful!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Makati, Philippines
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2012

This is my third time in the Conrad Chicago. I have tried other hotels in chicago and the rooms are quite small. The night manager, Ron, was terrific. There was a mix-up when i checked in. I had upgraded my room in booking.com and had paid extra only to find out when i checked in that they did not relay the change in room type. But that website charged me extra for it. Ron found a way to give me the double bed deluxe room. The room and the bathroom is spacious and luxurious. The hotel is right there along magnificent mile and there is a mall under the hotel. I would stay here again. I would suggest you book using the hotel website.

Room Tip: You can fit two adults and 2 kids comfortably in the double bed room.
Northern New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2012

The conrad is a beautiful hotel in a great location. I was at the Conrad on business and only for a short time. The rooms were clean and comfortable. The bathroom was beautiful, with a separate shower, and large separate tub, with a granite top. I wish I would have had the time to enjoy the tub! There are some small touches, which seem nice (I didn't get to use them), such as a aromatheraphy turndown service. Staff was very friendly and helpful. Every staff member I walked past made me feel special by smiling and wishing me a good day. The hotel is connected to a mall, so if you're travelling on business and have a few hours at night to kill, you can do a little shopping. The only drawback to this hotel was the view. I had a view of an office building. I could actually see inside the offices of the building next door. When I stayed at the Marriott (also a very nice hotel) on a previous visit, I had a beautiful view of the city. It probably just depends on the side of the building and the floor you're on. I was on the 9th floor. I did get room service one night - very expensive - $30 for a salad. The salad was $19, but by the time they added service and delivery fee, it came to $30 for only a salad - lettuce, beans, tomatoes, cheese (I'm a vegetarian, so asked them to remove the chicken - but they didn't remove any $) and no drink.

Room Tip: Ask for a view of the city
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business

Been to Conrad Chicago? Share your experiences!