“Delightful surprise, great food, friendly service” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Mediterranean
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Marmora Ave
Transit: CTA Bus: Milwaukee-56
Description: Welcome to Caspian Cafe! Located in the Jefferson Park neighborhood we are a BYOB known for are amazing Mediterranean food and seafood. The menu at Caspian Cafe features a wide array of great selections, made from only the freshest and highest quality ingredients, with something every member of your group. Some favorites are our delicious crabcakes, fresh white fish and meats that are good quality and tender. Additionally, we have the most friendly service in town and are here to create a wonderful experience for you. Caspian Cafe serves up dishes such as salmon, chicken or lamb shank kabobs, pastas, ribs and steaks. Start off with apps such as mussels, popcorn shrimp, wings or stuffed jalapenos, and cap off your meal with options from the dessert case, from baklava to key lime pie. When you're in the mood for good times and great cuisine, be sure to check out Caspian Cafe. We are known for our delightful staff and superb cuisine and look forward to serving you soon
Tucson, AZ
“Delightful surprise, great food, friendly service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

BYOB if you want a drink. Food selections are all great and well prepared. Comfortable relaxing setting and you are never rushed to leave. Desserts are fantastic. Friendly staff. I plan to make it a regular stop on my trips to Chicago.

• Visited April 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

“Enjoyed It !!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

We use restaurant.com certificates to try new restaurants and Caspian Cafe is a new one for repeat visits. Nice, cozy atmosphere and good service. From the appetizers to the entrees, everything was cooked fresh to order. Good selection variety, reasonably priced and ample portions. The owner makes the rounds to ensure your satisfaction. Free parking and BYOB make it even better.

• Visited January 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Chicago, IL
“Good family dining”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2012

Good selection for a neighborhood cafe. The fish special is excellent, with kebabs of various sorts on the menu. The restaurant is BYOB.

Visited October 2012
“Cash only with Groupon”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2012

My wife and I tried this restaurant with a Groupon coupon ($45 min). It is in a strip mall hence parking is free. We had the crab cake appetizer and a combination plate for 2 (grilled fish/chicken/shish kebob/shrimp with rice). Food tasted good. Service was OK but it took too long for the young lady to come back to pick up my payment. She was sitting at the counter with her back to the dining area and not doing anything. I finally got her attention by waving to the second waitress.

If you'll use a Groupon coupon, you should know that the payment has to be in cash . I had not noticed it but, on the coupon, cash is mentioned, although hard to see. Their site shows credit cards are accepted but no mention of the cash only with Groupon. Also there is a $4 corkage fee with any kind of promotion.

• Visited May 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Chicago, Illinois
“Take that, Yelp! Start with the lamb shanks.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2011

First let me say I posted this very same review on Yelp because it is the truth but for some unexplained reason they decided to filter it out. Unfair, I say. Here is what I wrote:
Chris
Since I live in the neighborhood and love seafood, I was very glad when Caspian Café arrived on the scene about a year ago. Since then, I can honestly say I've eaten here dozens of times and am always extremely happy with the food. First of all, the owner and the staff bend over backwards to make sure you are comfortable. He’s is one of the nicest, most generous people you will ever meet.
The food is never over-spiced, they serve a variety of authentic Mediterranean food and if you like lamb shanks at all, go here. It tastes exactly the same, every time. It’s served in a broth with lots of freshly cut vegetables and tons of perfect basmati rice on the side. The owner makes incredible homemade falafel and hummus, and recently added a really, truly unique Persian beef stew (at least to me) that I can’t remember the name of. But it had appealing spicing and there was an aged lime in it that the owner says is the best part. It may not be for everyone but I’ll be ordering it again soon. My wife and I swear their koobideh, a Persian style marinated beef or chicken dish cooked on skewers with tomatoes and served on a bed of that great basmati rice is the best we ever had and we’ve tried over a dozen places that serve it over the years. (sorry Noon-O-Kabob)
Don’t want fries with your delicious turkey burger? No problem, the owner will have his chef make fresh vegetables, steamed or lightly grilled. They add a splash of what I think is a mild ginger-soy and I almost always order them. They cut up fresh julienned carrots, sliced onions, broccoli and those skinny, pointy green beens I really like.
I have enjoyed the standard American stuff there like burgers and fish. The stuffed swai, a white fish with a cheese sauce inside, catfish, whitefish, it’s all been good and he just added snow crab legs and a 14 oz. NY strip I will try soon.
Everything is consistently good and if you don’t believe me, try it yourself. Prices are very affordable, it’s BYOB until he gets his license and they have free WIFI so I’ll often stop in at lunch to get some work done while I enjoy a great meal. Yes, this place is good and I highly recommend it.

• Visited October 2011
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Been to Caspian Cafe? Share your experiences!

If you own or manage Caspian Cafe, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.