“Exceptional Tour” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #6 of 38 Food & Drink in Chicago
Certificate of Excellence 2014
More attraction details
Owner description: Chicago Beer Experience Beer Tours offer walkable beer tasting and bar tours in Chicago! Our initial tour takes place in the Lincoln Park/Lakeview Neighborhoods on Chicago's North Side. You'll taste several craft beers, learn about Chicago history from 1833 to the present, and even eat some bacon! Tours are led by a trained guide, who will weave Chicago history and beer together in a fun, informative way while visiting four establishments, some of which have been around since the days of Prohibition. Perfect for men and women ages 21 to 121, individuals and groups, from bachelor parties to corporate outings, we've got something for everyone. Book your beer tour today!
Michigan
“Exceptional Tour”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2013

I took the Bucktown/ Wicker Park tour on Friday, 8/16, and had a great time. We were able to sample 13 different beers over a 3 hr time period while visiting several local bars. Bruce, our guide, was very knowledgeable about beer and also gave us a neighborhood history lesson since some of the beer barons were from the area. You also get a wonderful Chicago hot dog and chicken pot pie during the tour. It was a lot of fun!!

Washington, DC
“Lots of fun, no regrets”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2013

I took the Bucktown / Wicker Park tour after seeing the listing on TripAdvisor. It struck me as a little pricy when I first saw the listing, but it was definitely worth it. I was in a small group (just 5 people), which was perfect. Our tour guide (Todd) was awesome, the beer was excellent, and I even retained (a little) about the neighborhood history. There is a non-beer option for the tour if you don't drink, although I'm a little skeptical you'd really be getting your money's worth (even with the steep discount). If you like beer, though, this tour is absolutely worth the time and money.

Ohio
“Fun beer tour of Lakeview/Lincoln Park”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013

Arrived a little early at first bar so we could snack before drinking...excellent idea. Fun afternoon drinking beer in a couple of Chicago neighborhoods. About 10 or 15 people on tour. Lots of samples; more than I could drink. One stop was a beer/wine shop that was very cute; Mateo, the owner helped us pick out a lovely Oregon Pinot Gris to take to a BYOB restaurant later that night...he even made sure we got a cold bottle. Liked that the tour included a bacon/beer bar; the bacon really enhanced the beers. A lot of info about Chicago beers (maybe more talking than I would like), but the guide was very personable and knowledgeable. Tour included a very cool punk bar called Delilah's, with more liquor behind the bar than I had ever seen...worth it just to go to Delilah's. I would recommend, as it was a fun way to spend an afternoon.

Melbourne, Australia
16 attraction reviews
“Beer & Bacon - A Brilliant Tour!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2013

I am not a beer drinker but my husband is so I knew he'd enjoy this. He likes homely pubs and craft beer and this is what we got. We drank a lot of beer and I did actually enjoy the tasting process and the stories about the bars and brews given by our guide (Jen, I think) on the Lakeview/Lincoln Park walking tour. I highly recommend this tour to locals and tourists alike. It's really something different and there's lots to learn. Who knew there were so many varieties of bacon? Best stops were Paddy Long's and the prohibition bar called Delilah's.

Visited August 2012
Santa Clarita, California
21 attraction reviews
“Not into beer but so worth it.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2013

This was a great tour. I'm not a beer drinker but that day I took this tour I was. I really enjoyed the tour. We did the Bucktown/Wicker Park tour. Loved the area. Learned about the different beers and some history about the area. I was surprised the amount of beer we got to drink. My only advice is use the restroom before you leave each bar. my husband and I will be doing this again but in a different neighborhood.

Visited June 2013