“Worth it: met some great people” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #17 of 300 Activities in Chicago
Type: Tours, Food & Drink
More attraction details
Owner description: Chicago Beer Experience Beer Tours offer walkable beer tasting and bar tours in Chicago! Our initial tour takes place in the Lincoln Park/Lakeview Neighborhoods on Chicago's North Side. You'll taste several craft beers, learn about Chicago history from 1833 to the present, and even eat some bacon! Tours are led by a trained guide, who will weave Chicago history and beer together in a fun, informative way while visiting four establishments, some of which have been around since the days of Prohibition. Perfect for men and women ages 21 to 121, individuals and groups, from bachelor parties to corporate outings, we've got something for everyone. Book your beer tour today!
12 attraction reviews
“Worth it: met some great people”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2012 via mobile

Good beer, knowledgable tour guide. The paired beer with bacon was particularly epic. I met some cool people on the tour. If you have any interest in beer you should do this.

Misawa, Japan
“Best thing we did on our Chicago visit.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2012

I love beer and this was a great chance to try a good variety of hops and spend time with friends and a very knowledgeable tour guide. Our guide was Chris, he was very interesting and fun to be around. We would like to try one of their other tours next time we're in town.

Eden Prairie, MN
3 attraction reviews
“Fantastic Afternoon”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

We had a great time doing the Beer tour on 11/16/12. Luke was our guide and was very knowledgeable about beer in general, not just the beers offered on the tour. The tour offered a great mix of "local" (WI, IL, IN + OH) beers on the tour with a mix of beers (lager, ale, stout, etc.). This was a great way to learn more about the history of Chicago and how beer is related to that history. The stop at Paddy Long's for the bacon and beer pairing is well worth the price.
It was just my husband and I were paired up with a great group for the afternoon, which was well worth the price. Can't wait to do it again in February when we're back in Chicago to see what beers are available then - they rotate seasonally.

Indianapolis, Indiana, United States
“A Chicago Must-Do!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012

I purchased this tour for my husband's birthday. He loves beer and is really interested in craft brews. I am not a beer aficionado, but I purchased the beer ticket for myself, too. I'm glad I did! Our amazing guide, Bruce, explained so many aspects of beer, that tasting helped bring it all together for me. And while I didn't like the beer, I liked understanding what was being explained. My husband loved several of the brews and enjoyed learning about the history of beer and the brewing process. To make the tour even more interesting, Bruce talked about the history of the Wicker Park/Bucktown area (mobsters, and transvestites, and gambling, oh, my!), showed us great architecture, and fun spots along the way. Bruce took a group of strangers and brought us together for a fantastic night. Do I recommend this tour? Oh, most definitely!

Marietta, Georgia
12 attraction reviews
“Part of a great weekend in Chicago”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2012

Had a great time on this part of our weekend. Eight of us and Ryan, our guide. He was fun, knowledgeable, and obviously knows (and loves) beer, as we do. We lucked out with a beautiful Saturday so that helped make it perfect. Bacon and beer, who knew? My wife and I do now. :-)

Visited October 2012