“There's no spit bucket!” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #17 of 300 Activities in Chicago
Type: Tours, Food & Drink
More attraction details
Owner description: Chicago Beer Experience Beer Tours offer walkable beer tasting and bar tours in Chicago! Our initial tour takes place in the Lincoln Park/Lakeview Neighborhoods on Chicago's North Side. You'll taste several craft beers, learn about Chicago history from 1833 to the present, and even eat some bacon! Tours are led by a trained guide, who will weave Chicago history and beer together in a fun, informative way while visiting four establishments, some of which have been around since the days of Prohibition. Perfect for men and women ages 21 to 121, individuals and groups, from bachelor parties to corporate outings, we've got something for everyone. Book your beer tour today!
Chicago, Illinois
“There's no spit bucket!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2011

Our tour last weekend exceeded expectations. The guide gave us an overview of the different types of beer, the brewing process and
the history of beer in Chicago (more notable than you'd think). Our guide was fun to be around and really knowable about brews.

My main concern was that the cost seemed high for just a few beers (the company's website estimates you drink about 4 beers on the tour). This was not a problem. First, either I can't hold my liquor or that was more that 4 beers - maybe it was b/c the alcohol % was higher than what I'm used to or b/c I drank the ones my fiancee didn't like. Either way, the cost makes sense for the 3 hours enjoying (and learning about) beer with friends.

Seems best for a group. I'd recommend taking friends or for a cool start to a bachelor or bachelorette party.

Visited April 2011

Chicago, IL
“Super fun - got a little tipsy:)”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2011

This tour was awesome. I loved learning about Chicago's beer history (I didn't really know we had one) and I loved tasting all the beers- and BACON! Even though I only knew a few friends that I went with, I felt like at the end the entire group was friends (I'm sure the beer had a lot to do with this). If you want more than the average tour try this one!

Visited March 2011
chicago
“Whether you're local or an out-of-town tourist, try this tour out!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2011

If you love Chicago you should definitely take this tour. If you love beer, you'll leave a very happy participant. If you love beer AND Chicago, this might just be the tour of your dreams.

Starting at Vaughn's, a Lincoln Park staple, you'll meet your beer guru, tour guide and Chicago Beer Experience owner, Chris. After trying your first four of 16 beers, you'll head out on foot to three more spots within a mile walking distance.

This tour is a great way to try a variety of lagers and ales, many of which are locally brewed in the Chicago area, and meet new people. Chris is a walking beerpedia, able to answer nearly every question we threw at him.
I'll definitely do it again with local and out-of-town family and friends.

Visited April 2011
Chicago
“Great info+Great guide+Great beer = Chicago Beer Experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2011

What a nice change of pace from a traditional walking tour of Chicago! The tour guide was friendly, funny, and well informed and the locations were a lot of fun. A bit off the beaten path from usual tourist haunts, but still easy to get to. If you have a few hours in Chicago and an interest in beer and/or fun, I'd recommend CBE.

Visited December 2010
Chicago
“Fun and unique way to enjoy beer and Chicago!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2011

I highly recommend this tour for tourists and locals alike! Our tour guide was fun and informative. I really enjoyed learning more about beer, Chicago, and various drinking establishments in the city. I also really enjoyed drinking beer. It was neat to do tastings of different beers from different breweries, so I could compare and contrast not only types of beer but various breweries as well. Unique way to spend your time in the city!

Visited February 2011