“Very nice tour!” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #19 of 301 Activities in Chicago
More attraction details
Owner description: Interactive, Educational, and FUN! Chicago Private Tours invites you to discover Chicago, with the help of one of our expert guides. Our tours cater to each group’s interests, including themes such as architecture, history, culture, sports, and shopping. Each outing is customized to fit your interests and includes an expert guide, luxury vehicle, and driver. Chicago Private Tours is for clients that are looking for more than the one-size-fits-all tour. See what you want to see, when you want to see it, and how you want to see it! “Customize your Chicago Experience!”Pick-up/Drop-offChicago Private Tours always accommodates its clients and will pick up anywhere in and around the city, including airports and train stations. This is ideal for individuals who do not have a lot of time, but want to see as many of the sites as possible on their busy schedule!TransportationAll of Chicago Private Tours’ vehicles are top of the line in luxury. Our fleet of vehicles can accommodate every group size, from 1 person to large groups- always in comfort and style.LanguageAll of our guides conduct tours in English, but if you desire the tour to be given in another language, we will gladly arrange a Guide who speaks the desired language at no additional cost.(Ex. Spanish, Italian, French, German, Mandarin, Russian, Japanese, and many more!)
Antigonish
“Very nice tour!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2013 via mobile

We wanted an overview of the city and this was perfect. Also the tour guide and the driver were awesome. Highly recommend this tour company.

Visited October 2013

Canada
3 attraction reviews
“Time of my life”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2013 via mobile

We were 8 crazy Canadians for a private tour and must say that this was the highlight of our weekend in Chicago. We used their service to pick us up at the airport back to to the hotel and Mike was awesome in explaining the highlights of the city. And then came Matt to give us the greatest tour ever, wow!!! On top of being a wealth of information Matt is a genuine nice guy and quite the entertainer. He took us around for 4 hours and there was never a dull moment, we visited all the ins and outs of the city, with he's great input and knowledge and passion for the city. A definite must if you visit this great city. BTW, we followed your tips by jumping on the Willis tower deck...had a great laugh thanks to you Matt. A definite recommandation.
Darren, Quebec city, Canada

Visited September 2013
Cape Girardeau, Missouri
3 attraction reviews
“PERFECT in so many ways!!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2013

When I was almost 9 months pregnant, my husband and I decided to take a "baby moon" to Chicago. Since I knew walking long distances would be challenging, we didn't really have an aggressive touring plan. I was wistful about this because it was our first visit to Chicago and I was wishing we could see more of the city, history, etc. On a whim, I found Chicago Private Tours' website and was intrigued. Before looking thoroughly through the website, I had two worries: I imagined we couldn't afford a private tour guide and I get carsickness VERY easily, so when I pictured being a passenger in a vehicle for several hours (with possible stop-start traffic), I almost knew I would get sick. However, after looking at TripAdvisor reviews I decided to take a chance and call.

We were literally driving into the city when I called and it was 7:00pm on a Thursday evening. The only time we could do the tour would be Friday (we were visiting the Frank Lloyd Wright Home on Saturday), so I doubted they would be able to accommodate us. I left a message and ALMOST IMMEDIATELY received a call back! They were able to work us into their schedule, and I was so impressed right off the bat with their professionalism! My husband and I decided to do the City Tour (3-4 hours) which cost $300. We planned for them to pick us up at our hotel.

The day of the tour, we ended up being at the Art Institute and realized we'd be crunched for time to get back to our hotel in time. I called Chicago Tours and they very warmly said it would be no problem for them to pick us up at the Institute. Sure enough, George (our guide) walked in and we immediately knew it would be a great tour. A wonderful surprise was that you're taken around in a very roomy, non-claustrophobic van (instead of the small car I was imagining and fearing). Right off the bat, I told George and our driver T.J. (who is awesome!) about my carsickness. They acted like it was not a "strange" thing at all and made sure the air conditioning was always going and T.J. took extra care to stop slowly and drive smoothly. George asked us what our interests were (architecture, general Chicago history and the mob) and how much walking we wanted to do (minimal).

From the minute George started talking, we knew he would keep our attention! He had a very commanding voice but was SO personable and easy to talk to. I was also worried before the tour that it might be awkward with it just being my husband, a guide, and myself. But it was the opposite! We got to ask any questions we could think of, and it was SO personalized for us. I love the movie "My Big Fat Greek Wedding" so George had us stop for a snack in Greek Town! SO fun and off the beaten "tourist" path! :)

I can't even express how much TIME this tour saved us (we packed in SO much in those 3-4 hours) and how enjoyable it was. It wasn't too short or too long - just right. George made sure we got the classic picture in front of the beautiful Chicago skyline, which we wouldn't have gotten otherwise! When we got back to our hotel, we just couldn't believe what a great decision it was. I would NEVER have gotten to see all that Chicago has to offer because of my physical limitations at the time and our lack of knowledge about where to focus our time, etc.

We absolutely and wholeheartedly endorse Chicago Private Tours - without a doubt, they are the absolute best!!!!!

Visited April 2013
Greensboro, NC
12 attraction reviews
“Absolutely The Best Way to see Chicago!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2013

This was hands down one of the best tours we have ever done. TJ (driver) and Matthew (tour guide) picked my fiancée and I up at the hotel at exactly the correct time in a full size luxury van - complete with panoramic sunroof. It was like having your own private limo and the city of Chicago at your disposal. We were able to see all of the universities, cultural centers, neighborhoods, mansion district, navy pier, examples of all the gorgeous architecture, millenium park, wrigley field, hyde park, rush street, soldier field, the Weiner Circle for lunch (per our request), president obama's house, and a lot more. The tour was professional, fun, and incredibly informative. The facts/information that Matthew has in his head is unbelievable. We chose the four hour tour - and we covered a lot of ground. It was almost brain overload!

If you want a personalized, private tour of Chicago - I cannot recommend these guys enough.

Visited August 2013
New Jersey
7 attraction reviews
“Spectacular!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2013

We just finished our tour with Matt and T.J. -- what a terrific experience. First, we were picked up at our hotel in an immaculate, large, comfortable passenger van. The tour then began -- we chose the 2 hour tour. I had never before seen Chicago this way -- all of my prior trips had been on business. Matt is as knowledgeable about Chicago as any tour guide I've had in any city, and far more than most. He is also funny and a joy to be around. TJ knows his way around the city and the drive was as smooth as could be -- he too was funny and extremely courteous.

Simply put, this tour is only slightly more expensive than a large bus tour, but you will absolutely get far more out of it. We couldn't have been more pleased.

Visited August 2013

Been to Chicago Private Tours? Share your experiences!

If you own or manage Chicago Private Tours, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.