“Awesome girls weekend!” 5 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Dartmouth
“Awesome girls weekend!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2014

I chose the Radisson Blue Aqua for my sister's bachelorette weekend in Chicago. I ultimately selected the hotel for their great rooftop pool but once we checked in I soon realized they had so much more to offer. From the moment we walked in we were wowed by the modern, trendy decor and the graciousness of our the staff. Their front desk quickly checked in 12 girls and get us all on our way to start exploring the city with excellent, knowledgeable lunch spot suggestions.

The rooms were clean, spacious and the staff was extremely helpful throughout our 4 night stay. The on site restaurant was also great and offered a lot of options for varied tastes and dietary requirements. Location was perfect and well suited to exploring all of Chicago's attractions. I will def be back next time I visit Chicago.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
Radissonbluaqua, General Manager at Radisson Blu Aqua Hotel, responded to this review, August 14, 2014
Thank you for your review and for spending such a special trip with us! I am thrilled that you had a great stay and that our team was helpful from the moment you arrived! I look forward to another opportunity to welcome you back the next time you are in Chicago!

Pierre-Louis Giacotto

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (515)
  • Turkish first
Chicago, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2014

From the moment I walked into the door of the hotel, I loved it. It is very different! Talk about style!!! Every piece in that hotel is so unique. Rooms: CLEAN!!! Let's talk about the floor. WOW! I want that in my house! The bathroom is amazing and very sleek! Bed is comfortable, perfect view and room size. What I loved about this hotel is that it has a wet and a dry sauna!!!!!! Literally this was the BEST amenity! It was SO clean!! fitness room (amazing!), business center, game room! (with pool table!! say whattt!) I will definitely be coming back! Even though the location isn't that great...... I still will HIGHLY RECOMMEND!

• Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Radisson Hotels

Thank you for your comments and for taking the time to leave us a review. I am thrilled to see that you enjoyed your experience at the hotel and that you took the time to share your recommendation. I hope to see you again soon!

5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2014 via mobile

We really enjoyed our stay, awesome friendly staff. Clean, quiet, beautiful balcony view (extra), well worth it. Would have love more wash cloths. It's located in the perfect spot to navigate the city

Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you for sharing your experience! We are thrilled you loved your stay and look forward to welcoming you back soon! Thanks again!

Washington DC
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2014

Great location and beautiful property in exciting part of downtown Chicago. The proximity to the river, the lake, Millennium Park and Michigan Avenue, at the price, are hard to beat. Plus, for practical purposes, a gourmet grocery store and drugstore are less than a few steps away. Enjoyed the pool, hot tub (it could have been MUCH hotter, though) fitness center and the bouncy running path around the hotel.

Also appreciated the lengthy fireplace in the main lobby.
And now for some quibbles: no advance warning about the dog park next door. Each of our three mornings there, incessant barking served as an alarm clock. We love dogs; we know they bark. Just let your guests know if they're near that side of the property.

Room wasn't ready when we arrived, and the promised phone call from front desk never came when room eventually became ready -- 40 minutes after the supposed 3 p.m. check-in. When the service was good, it was very good. The bellman was exceptionally friendly, and our waitress was, despite being pulled in too many directions, attentive.

Back to weird design things:
No fridge in room to chill beverages. That would be fine if there were an ice bucket big enough to hold more than a single can of soda. And, well, a bigger bucket would have been fine if the ice-machine had worked on our floor. Called down to front desk to request bigger bucket and some ice. Never got the bigger bucket, just ice in the same size container.
I don't really care about cold drinks THAT much.But c'mon, you share a building with a CVS. Do you really think guests are going to buy one can to chill? And do you really think guests are just going to be OK with no ice machine working?

The bathroom looked cool, but it was weirdly designed. Loose tiles in shower, no fan, a toilet so dang high that my feet were dangling mid-air. No full-length mirror (the horrors! But c'mon, you know you'll miss it). Again, nothing "keeping us from having a good time" bad, just weird and something I'd want to tinker with if I were designing this.

We had a wonderful stay in Chicago this past weekend, thanks in large part to your hotel's terrific location and gorgeous pool deck. But we've stayed in many Chicago hotels, and there simply are better hotels for our money.

Room Tip: Get a balcony and a fridge. Rooms on north and east sides are near dog park. Rooms on south side are...
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
Radissonbluaqua, General Manager at Radisson Blu Aqua Hotel, responded to this review, August 13, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. I am glad that there were several positive aspects to your stay and that you loved the pool deck and location. I would, however, like to apologize that you were disappointed with some of the design elements and that some areas needed improvement in service. I will share your comments with our team so that we can continue to improve our operations. I hope to welcome you back the next time you are in Chicago.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2014

Elegant property located adjacent to Hyatt Regency Chicago where I had a conference to attend. Having stayed at the Hyatt Regency numerous times, it was nice to have an alternative that wasn't as crowded with conference attendees. Distance of Radisson Blu from the conference facilities at the Hyatt was no different than that from the West Tower of the Hyatt. Even though the lobby at the Radisson Blu was smaller, it never felt crowded. I never had a chance to use the fitness or pool facilities but saw many other enjoying them. Would definitely book again, especially if I get a good rate.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Radisson Hotels

Thank you for your review! I am honored that you had such a memorable stay and that you found us to be a great alternative to some of the other area hotels. We would love the opportunity to welcome you back during your next visit.

Middletown, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2014

The hotel was very nice; lovely lobby; nice staff. The décor is very contemporary so, depending on your personal taste, you may or may not like that. I did not use any of the amenities so cannot access those.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Radisson Hotels

Thank you for your review. I am happy to see that you had a great stay! I hope we see you again and that you are able to enjoy the features of the hotel!

Cheshire uk
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2014

We stayed here for three nights on our USA and Canada tour, and found it perfectly suited to our needs. It is a very stylish hotel. The rooms are well appointed and the service was good.
It is handy for the park, Magnificent Mile and the Pier.
Yes, there are only two lifts, but it isn't actually such a large hotel as to warrant more.
The pool area provided a much needed cool-down on a very hot day, and the rest of the facilities were excellent
Also it was nice to stay in one of the most unusual buildings in the city.
Highly recommended for a city sightseeing trip.

Room Tip: High floor overlooking the pool or greens would be best
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Thank you for sharing your experience! I am thrilled that our location was ideal for everyplace you wanted to visit in Chicago! We do have four elevators dedicated to guestroom floors; I apologize that this was not explained to you. I hope to welcome you back the next time you are in Chicago!

Pierre-Louis Giacotto

Been to Radisson Blu Aqua Hotel? Share your experiences!