“Lovely Hotel” 5 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Chicago, Illinois
“Lovely Hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2014

I had heard this hotel was nice, and having stayed at the Radisson Blu at Mall of America, thought we would give it a try. Well, this was even nicer, if that is possible. The location is perfect, just across the street from Millennium Park. We walked to Water Tower Place and Navy Pier. In fact, our room was on a corner, with a large corner balcony, and we could see Navy Pier from the balcony. The room was large, clean, the staff were extremely courteous, and we had the buffet breakfast at the restaurant, which was also excellent. In fact, they made special pancakes for our granddaughter in the shape of Mickey's face. Also on the third level, the outdoor pool and walking area is very peaceful and wonderfully landscaped. All in all, I would definitely recommend this hotel for a stay in Chicago.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Radissonbluaqua, General Manager at Radisson Blu Aqua Hotel, responded to this review, July 28, 2014
Thank you for your review! I am thrilled that you loved your stay and the view from your room. I am also happy that our location was ideal for everything you wanted to do throughout the city. I hope that we have another opportunity to welcome you back soon.

Pierre-Louis Giacotto

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (515)
  • Turkish first
Oklahoma City, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2014

This hotel is hip and trendy, but offers great services. The rooms are nice, the beds and bedding are great and the breakfast in Filini is out of this world. The only down side is the bathrooms have showers only, no tubs, so if that matters to you, you might not like this hotel

Review collected in partnership with Radisson Hotels

Radissonbluaqua, General Manager at Radisson Blu Aqua Hotel, responded to this review, July 30, 2014
Thank you for your review. I am honored that you love the hotel and that you recommended us to others! We do have rooms with tubs available, and we would be happy to accommodate requests for them whenever they are available. I hope to see you again soon!

Tucson, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2014

Excellent hotel with warm and helpful staff. Excellent amenities, convenient to get anywhere downtown. Between meetings I was able to walk around downtown Chicago and visit certain sites that I normally woould not have had the chance to if staying near the airport. Both checking in and out of hotel was a pleasant experience.

Review collected in partnership with Radisson Hotels

Thank you for your review! I am thrilled that you had a great stay and were able to see some of the Chicago attractions! I hope to have another opportunity to welcome you back in the future.

Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2014

This hotel.... the staff, the amenities, the room, the view.... everything was perfect. Even the weather was perfect the weekend we scheduled out staycation. If I did not live in Chicago and was not familiar her many faults, I would have thought the city was pure perfection. Mayor Emanuel owes the Radisson Blu those accolades.

We had an 8th floor corner room with east, south, and west facing city views. The room was perfectly appointed and incredibly pristine. The bathroom (with a giant soaking tub) was amazing. Best of all (and because I do live in Chicago) was the hotel’s security. You can only access your floor from the elevator, making for a safe and relaxing staycation experience.

Room Tip: I requested city view with a tub
Green Features: Eco-friendly and LEEDs rated makes for a truly enjoyable stay.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Radissonbluaqua, General Manager at Radisson Blu Aqua Hotel, responded to this review, July 24, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. I am thrilled that you loved your experience and that you felt safe and secure in your room. I am also happy that you loved the soaking tub and view! I hope that we see you again the next time you need a weekend away!

Minneapolis, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

Enjoyed a weekend in Chicago and stayed at the Radisson Blu Aqua Hotel. From check-in to check-out, the experience was excellent.

This hotel is an easy walk to many of the Chicago sites. I tend to do a lot of walking while on vacation, and I will say Chicago is a multilayered city and you need to be aware of what is considered "street level". Google Maps gave me a little trouble with walking directions. That is a very minor item, and those familiar with the city will have no problem.

I enjoyed a couple cocktails at the bar, but did not eat in the restaurant. The outdoor pool and the work out area were very nice and easy to use.

I would certainly recommend this hotel for anyone spending a weekend or so seeing the sites in Chicago.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a balcony.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
Radissonbluaqua, General Manager at Radisson Blu Aqua Hotel, responded to this review, July 23, 2014
Thank you for your review! I could not be happier that you loved your stay or that our location was well suited for your needs. I hope to welcome you back the next time you are in Chicago!

detroit
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

The curb appeal is A#1. There is a modern outdoor patio where you can sit and watch the city go by as you dine. Before entering the hotel you are greeted by professional, courteous staff. The hotel lobby is warm, seductive, and modern. The scent of the lobby--nice, but for my taste is overly scented. Reminds me of a candle store. The elevator's blue lights--hotel or club? But I enjoyed the experience of it. Check-in was easy. The room that I was in was small, but did not skimp on detail and class. No balcony. The room could have been a tad bigger. The black tile on the floor was highlighted by twinkling shimmers that were blue and reminiscent of looking up at a night sky. The bed and pillows gave way to a wonderful sleeping experience. I do wish that the water pressure in the shower was a bit stronger. I enjoyed the pool area. A great way to relax. Lastly, not far from Navy Pier, Michigan Ave and more.

Room Tip: Always ask when booking is your room near the housekeeping area and elevators. Makes for a noisy sta...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
Thank you for staying with us and for taking the time to leave a review. I am happy to see that you enjoyed your experience and the design of the room. We do have several different room layouts available, including some with balconies. I hope to have another opportunity to welcome you back soon.

Cincinnnati
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

I liked everything about this hotel except….our corner room. Upon entry, it was contemporary, streamlined and chic. A tiny vestibule included an armoire, that, when opened, bars passage into the corridor that houses a desk and a bar on one side. Further down the corridor is a generously sized bath with little surface near the sink for toiletries. The bedroom follows with little extra space. The whole set up looks fab until you have to live in it. Lovely to look at, but not very functional for two people. And the kingsize bed was supremely uncomfortable. As a lap swimmer, I found the 25M outdoor pool a big plus. A cautionary note to sunbathers: most of surrounding deck gives way to the building's shadow around 1:30pm. The staff was what one would expect for an upscale hotel. I had brunch in the restaurant found that to be above average.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. I am truly sorry that you did not enjoy the layout of your room. We do have several layouts, including more traditional ones available, and I am confident that we will have the perfect room for your needs. I hope that you will consider returning so that we can recoup your confidence in us.

Pierre-Louis Giacotto

Been to Radisson Blu Aqua Hotel? Share your experiences!