“Best Staycay.....!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Radisson Blu Aqua Hotel

You added Radisson Blu Aqua Hotel to your Saves list
Radisson Blu Aqua Hotel
4.5 of 5 Hotel   |   221 N. Columbus Drive, Chicago, IL 60601 (Downtown / The Loop)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Enjoy Savings of 15%
Ranked #8 of 177 Hotels in Chicago
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Chicago, Illinois
“Best Staycay.....!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2014

This hotel.... the staff, the amenities, the room, the view.... everything was perfect. Even the weather was perfect the weekend we scheduled out staycation. If I did not live in Chicago and was not familiar her many faults, I would have thought the city was pure perfection. Mayor Emanuel owes the Radisson Blu those accolades.

We had an 8th floor corner room with east, south, and west facing city views. The room was perfectly appointed and incredibly pristine. The bathroom (with a giant soaking tub) was amazing. Best of all (and because I do live in Chicago) was the hotel’s security. You can only access your floor from the elevator, making for a safe and relaxing staycation experience.

Room Tip: I requested city view with a tub
Green Features: Eco-friendly and LEEDs rated makes for a truly enjoyable stay.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Radissonbluaqua, General Manager at Radisson Blu Aqua Hotel, responded to this review, July 24, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. I am thrilled that you loved your experience and that you felt safe and secure in your room. I am also happy that you loved the soaking tub and view! I hope that we see you again the next time you need a weekend away!

Pierre-Louis Giacotto

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (555)
  • Turkish first
Minneapolis, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

Enjoyed a weekend in Chicago and stayed at the Radisson Blu Aqua Hotel. From check-in to check-out, the experience was excellent.

This hotel is an easy walk to many of the Chicago sites. I tend to do a lot of walking while on vacation, and I will say Chicago is a multilayered city and you need to be aware of what is considered "street level". Google Maps gave me a little trouble with walking directions. That is a very minor item, and those familiar with the city will have no problem.

I enjoyed a couple cocktails at the bar, but did not eat in the restaurant. The outdoor pool and the work out area were very nice and easy to use.

I would certainly recommend this hotel for anyone spending a weekend or so seeing the sites in Chicago.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a balcony.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
Radissonbluaqua, General Manager at Radisson Blu Aqua Hotel, responded to this review, July 23, 2014
Thank you for your review! I could not be happier that you loved your stay or that our location was well suited for your needs. I hope to welcome you back the next time you are in Chicago!

detroit
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

The curb appeal is A#1. There is a modern outdoor patio where you can sit and watch the city go by as you dine. Before entering the hotel you are greeted by professional, courteous staff. The hotel lobby is warm, seductive, and modern. The scent of the lobby--nice, but for my taste is overly scented. Reminds me of a candle store. The elevator's blue lights--hotel or club? But I enjoyed the experience of it. Check-in was easy. The room that I was in was small, but did not skimp on detail and class. No balcony. The room could have been a tad bigger. The black tile on the floor was highlighted by twinkling shimmers that were blue and reminiscent of looking up at a night sky. The bed and pillows gave way to a wonderful sleeping experience. I do wish that the water pressure in the shower was a bit stronger. I enjoyed the pool area. A great way to relax. Lastly, not far from Navy Pier, Michigan Ave and more.

Room Tip: Always ask when booking is your room near the housekeeping area and elevators. Makes for a noisy sta...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
Thank you for staying with us and for taking the time to leave a review. I am happy to see that you enjoyed your experience and the design of the room. We do have several different room layouts available, including some with balconies. I hope to have another opportunity to welcome you back soon.

Cincinnnati
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

I liked everything about this hotel except….our corner room. Upon entry, it was contemporary, streamlined and chic. A tiny vestibule included an armoire, that, when opened, bars passage into the corridor that houses a desk and a bar on one side. Further down the corridor is a generously sized bath with little surface near the sink for toiletries. The bedroom follows with little extra space. The whole set up looks fab until you have to live in it. Lovely to look at, but not very functional for two people. And the kingsize bed was supremely uncomfortable. As a lap swimmer, I found the 25M outdoor pool a big plus. A cautionary note to sunbathers: most of surrounding deck gives way to the building's shadow around 1:30pm. The staff was what one would expect for an upscale hotel. I had brunch in the restaurant found that to be above average.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. I am truly sorry that you did not enjoy the layout of your room. We do have several layouts, including more traditional ones available, and I am confident that we will have the perfect room for your needs. I hope that you will consider returning so that we can recoup your confidence in us.

Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

My family of 4 (boys 10 & 12) loved this hotel. The boys stated a few times that the next time we come to Chicago they want to stay here. They thought that it was "cool". Very clean...friendly staff...great location. The only thing that i'd say is that we had to do a little walking to catch some of the mass transit, but if you are there for shopping and shows you are perfectly situated.

Room Tip: The business class rooms included a happy hour and continental breakfast. Both were worth attending...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Thank you for your review! I am thrilled that you had a great stay and that your boys loved their experience at the hotel. I look forward to welcoming you back the next time you are in Chicago!

Franklin, Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2014

From the moment we stepped into the Radisson Blue Aqua, we were greeted by friendly staff and a beautiful lobby. I cannot express how kind, professional and wonderful the employees doing check-in and check-out were! Our room was absolutely perfect. We had a balcony view corner unit that overlooked the Navy Pier and we could see into the city as well. The bathtub was amazing and the King bed was so comfortable.

I had an emergent need to get a cab at around midnight and was taken care of by another member of the staff who immediately hailed me a cab and took care of telling the driver what I needed to do. I had never had to hail a cab so I was so grateful that he was there to help me. He wasn't there when I got back so I didn't get to thank him though :(

We will definitely be staying at the Radisson in the future! You should check it out, you won't be disappointed.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Radissonbluaqua, General Manager at Radisson Blu Aqua Hotel, responded to this review, July 22, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. I could not be happier that you had such great experience or that you loved your room and view. I will be certain to share your compliments with our front office team! I hope that we have another opportunity to welcome you back the next time you are in Chicago!

Fort Worth, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2014

The hotel is new and very up to date. The room (double queen w balcony) was a very good size with plenty of space to store my belongings and spread out. The bedding was wonderful to sleep in and the toiletry products were good. The restaurant menu looked divine but I only had time to eat at the bar. The food was excellent and I was glad I dined there. Location was perfect as I could see fireworks at night, stroll along the Riverwalk and walk through Millenium Park close by. First and foremost was the service. Everyone was top notch professional, did a great job to make sure my stay was comfortable and successful, and appeared to like their job and the hotel! This is where I will stay on my next visit to Chicago.

Stayed July 2014
Radissonbluaqua, General Manager at Radisson Blu Aqua Hotel, responded to this review, July 21, 2014
Thank you for your review. I am thrilled that you had an excellent experience at the hotel and that you loved the room and bedding. I will also be certain to share your compliments with our team. I hope that we have another opportunity to welcome you back soon!

Pierre-Louis Giacotto

Been to Radisson Blu Aqua Hotel? Share your experiences!