“Great Room and Location” 5 of 5 stars

Summer Savings of 15%
Ranked #9 of 169 Hotels in Chicago
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Dallas
“Great Room and Location”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2013

We stayed at the Radisson Blu on our trip to Chicago the week of the marathon. This was the perfect location as it was within walking distance to the start and finish and most of the local attractions like the navy pier and magnificent mile. The rooms are rather large and included complimentary water and wifi. Our room had hardwood floors and a large balcony that overlooked a small park and navy pier. Although we didn’t use them I was impressed with the gym, pools and outdoor seating area. There is an indoor and outdoor pool and a spacious gym. They even have a small track that goes around the outside pool and seating area outside. We will definitely stay here again the next time we are in Chicago.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a balcony that overlooks navy pier
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Radissonbluaqua, General Manager at Radisson Blu Aqua Hotel, responded to this review, November 7, 2013
Thank you for your review! I am thrilled that you had such an enjoyable stay and that our location was convenient to the race and all of your favorite attractions. I look forward to welcoming you back the next time you are in Chicago! Thanks again!

Pierre-Louis Giacotto

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (484)
  • Turkish first
Melbourne, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2013

I was a little unsure when I booked our stay here due to some of the unfavourable reviews but I have to say I'm glad I ignored them. I only good things to say about the hotel. The staff, location, room, view. I didn't get to make use of the pool area but it looked great. The room is ultra modern so if that is not your thing that's the only reason I can think not to enjoy your stay.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Radissonbluaqua, General Manager at Radisson Blu Aqua Hotel, responded to this review, November 6, 2013
Thank you for your review! I could not be more pleased to see that you enjoyed your experience at the hotel and that you loved your room and the design. I hope that we see you again the next time you are in Chicago!

Silver Spring, MD
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2013

My wife and I were celebrating an event in Chicago over the weekend and decided to stay at the Radisson Blu Aqua Hotel. We had stayed there a few times in the past and remember the excellent customer service, modern rooms, and impressive architecture. Even in the colder months, when you walk into this hotel you get a "warm" feeling from all of the candles. We informed the General Manager of our arrival and celebration - and they went out of their way to provide an excellent experience. We were amazed by how well we were treated. The hotel is VERY clean, the staff is very friendly, the bed is soft, the technology is fun, the location is great. I don't leave too many reviews, but when a hotel goes above and beyond to ensure their guests satisfaction, it should be recognized.

If you are staying in Chicago, you want to stay here. You also want to eat some Italian beef with spicy giardiniera on it. Portillos. Then hit the gym.

Room Tip: Ask for a view of Navy Pier - though every room appears to have a good view of the city.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Radissonbluaqua, General Manager at Radisson Blu Aqua Hotel, responded to this review, November 5, 2013
Thank you for your review! I am honored that our team was able to help make your celebration even more special and that we are one of your favorite desitnations in the city. I am also happy that you have taken the time to reccommend us to others. I hope we see you again the next time you are in Chicago!

Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2013

My Partner and I stayed for 4 nights and I have nothing but great things to say about this hotel from Staff being fantastic at the front desk, restaurant, Housekeeping and door staff to the hotel facilities and location. Our room 523 was excellent in all areas from décor, comfy as bed and nice large bathroom and cleanliness was awesome…there is no other hotel in Chicago I would want to stay when we next visit this lovely city …. Great Job Radisson Team!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your review! I am thrilled that you had a great stay and that we are your new favorite in the city! I will be sure to share your compliments with our team! I look forward to seeing you again the next time you are in Chicago!

Sheboygan, Wisconsin
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2013

The good: Gorgeous lobby, good location, great bed and bedding, high end finishes, second and 3rd floor amenities.

The bad: maybe the other rooms were larger but, with 2 kids in tow, I was placed in a room big enough for the king bed but little else. Did not hear my neighbors but street noise was audible
I was excited to hear that Radisson Blu was coming to the US...but will be sticking with Hyatt after this experience.

Room Tip: Do not let them put you in one of the tiny rooms near the elevators. Mine was x09.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Radissonbluaqua, General Manager at Radisson Blu Aqua Hotel, responded to this review, November 4, 2013
Thank you for your review. I am happy that you enjoyed the design of the hotel, but I would like to apologize that you did not like the size of your room. Our standard room average about 400 square feet, and we do have several differnt layouts as well as two different designs available. I apologize that your room was not sufficient for your needs. I hope that you wil lreturn to the hotel so we can recoup your confidence in us.

Colorado Springs, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2013

For me as a tourist, this was a fantastic location. Just 4 blocks from "L" station from Midway airport (6 blks from station for O'Hare). 1 block from the river and easy walk to most of the tourist places I wanted to go.

The staff are all very nice and helpful. The lobby area is inviting and was never crowded. My room was not large, but well laid out and comfortable. Really liked the decor - modern but warm feeling. The exercise facilities were the best I've ever seen in a hotel. Lots of weight and aerobic equipment, a separate room for classes, basketball court, lots of mats and yoga stuff, indoor and outdoor pool, jacuzzi, steam room, dry sauna. In the same area was a nice game room with a pool table. Also a lounge space with a microwave.

Recommend Mariano's grocery very close by as a place to get a quick bite or get a few groceries. For a nice hot breakfast Wildberry Pancakes is about 2 blocks away.

Highly recommend Radisson Blu Aqua for your next visit to Chicago.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
Thank you for your review. I could not be happier that you had a great stay with us or that you loved our location! I am also happy that you were impressed by the fitness floor and amenity spaces. I hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back soon!

São Paulo
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2013

Very nice place with a cosi restaurant, located at chicago downtown. Very beautiful installations and rooms.
Good to business(about 10min from convention center) and vacation( architecture, shop and good restaurants at downtown).
I recomend

Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Radissonbluaqua, General Manager at Radisson Blu Aqua Hotel, responded to this review, November 1, 2013
Thank you for your review! I am happy you had a great experience with us and that you plan to return the next time you are in Chicago. I look forward to seeing you soon!

Pierre-Louis Giacotto

Been to Radisson Blu Aqua Hotel? Share your experiences!