“Trustworthy Hotel” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Radisson Blu Aqua Hotel

You added Radisson Blu Aqua Hotel to your Saves list
Radisson Blu Aqua Hotel
4.5 of 5 Hotel   |   221 N. Columbus Drive, Chicago, IL 60601 (Downtown / The Loop)   |
Hotel deals
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Rocky Mountains
“Trustworthy Hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2013

I chose the Blu Aqua because of a conference we were attending. I was amazed at the architecture of the building and found the rooms to be very impressive, from the sparkling granite entry way in the room to the beautiful bathrooms and giant sliding glass doors on the showers...quite unlike most 4 diamond hotel rooms... But....

What really impressed me was the customer service! Because of occupancy I couldn't stay the last night at the Blu and had to go across the street to the Fairmont Chicago. I realized that I left my Bose headphones and my ipod, with an amazing collection of music!! in the in-room safe at Blu Aqua. What wasn't sure about, was whether or not I had locked the safe. I was sick to my stomach. I called and the security team was very helpful in explaining to me that the room had already been rented to another guest (not surprising as this place is very enjoyable) but as soon as they could they would try to contact the guest to check the safe. This took several days. I was afraid the other guest might have found the safe un-locked, or a less than honest security team could have claimed that the safe was un-locked and kept the items for themselves....again, the collection of music on the ipod would be an almost irresistible temptation to any person.

With each passing day, I grew more suspect that I would ever see the items again, even though I continued to receive follow up calls from Kevin in security and his teammates. Finally after day 3, I received confirmation that the items had been retreived and they would be sending them to me!!! To the security team...and the house-keeping team at Hotel Blu Aqua Chicago, I thank you for your professional service...It's refreshing to experience in this day. I highly recommend your hotel.

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing Navy Pier.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Radissonbluaqua, General Manager at Radisson Blu Aqua Hotel, responded to this review, October 21, 2013
Thank you for your review. I am pleased that you had such an enjoyable stay with us and that your meetings went well. I am also glad that your forgotten items were returned to you and that our team was helpful throughout this experience. I will be sure to share your gratitide with Kevin and the team. I hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back soon.

Pierre-Louis Giacotto

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (551)
  • Turkish first
London
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2013

We stayed at Radisson Blu Aqua for a week in July (after visiting family for the Independence Day) and we really loved this hotel. I called the hotel couple of weeks before our arrival to confirm our reservations and asked if it were possible to upgrade to business floor and they did for just $30 a day extra. Well worth it! The rooms are huge, beautiful views, free breakfast and afternoon drinks in the lounge (although the choice is rather limited). We also dined at the pizza restaurant downstairs with friends and it was really really good, although frankly pizza lovers are spoilt for choice in Chicago! We are definitely coming back!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for you review. I am honored that you and your family had such a memorable experience with us and that we are one of your favorite hotels in the city. I am, also glad that you enjoyed the upgrade to business class. I hope we see you again soon!

indianapolis
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2013

The hotel and staff all very above our expectations. Service from the time we arrived until check out was outstanding. We choose the location for the marathon and it easlily accessible to all we wanted to do.We would highly recommend the hotel and plan to return.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Radissonbluaqua, General Manager at Radisson Blu Aqua Hotel, responded to this review, October 18, 2013
Thank you for your review! I am glad that you had such a wonderful stay with us and that we were convenient to everything you wanted to do in the city, including the Chicago Marathon! I will also share your compliments with our team. I look forwrd to welcoming you back soon!

Toronto
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2013

A very stylish, comfortable, 'urban' hotel just north of Millenium Park. Great location for the marathon, near the Start / Finish at Grant Park, easy walking distance to shops and restaurants. On site restaurant, Filini, serves superb thincrust pizza, with great staff service.
Only negative was the dirt on the outside of the windows which did spoil some camera shots.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Radissonbluaqua, General Manager at Radisson Blu Aqua Hotel, responded to this review, October 17, 2013
Thank you for your review. I am happy that you had such an enjoyable Marathon weekend at the hotel and that you loved the pizza at Filini Restaurant. I hope we have the opporturnity to welcome you back soon!

McLean, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2013

Was there for a business trip in July. The room I had on the first night was near the elevator and the ice machine and it was a little noisy for me. So the next day I went down to the front desk and spoke to Pierce (I think that was his name) and within a few minutes he was able to find another room and we made the switch in less than 30 minutes.
The 2nd room I had was really nice. Huge balcony that wrap around. Woke up early to catch the sunrise with a view of the pier is really nice. Bathroom was really spacious. Hardwood floor in the room is a big plus for me.
There is always some there to greet you when you walk in the hotel. Very pleasant staff. Room was clean. Staff are friendly. Great location - within a short walking distance to the Mellenium Park. Lots of good restaurant around near the hotel.
Would definitely recommend Radisson Blu Aqua.

Room Tip: Corner rooms have a really nice big balcony and very spacious bathroom with tub. Hardwood floor also...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for your review. I am happy that you enjoyed your time at the hotel and that Pierce was helpful in locating you a room perfect for your needs. I am glad that the design was to your taste and that you expecially enjoyed the morning sunrise. I hope we see you again the next time you are in Chicago!

Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2013

We used ClubCarlson Points because we expected the rates during the Chicago Marathon to skyrocket. Sure enough, the entire hotel sold out. With our status we were upgraded (even though the upgrades are "when available", and every room had sold). We had two rooms, each on a corner, with an amazing wrap-around balcony on the 16th floor. One faced North and East, and could see the river, Navy Pier, and the park east of the hotel. The other faced South and West, and afforded us views of Grant Park, where we were able to watch the start of the Marathon directly from the balcony.

The bar was very well decorated, and the service and pizzas were good. The lobby lounge was for once the kind of place people were actually just sitting to enjoy the atmosphere.

The rooms had hardwood floors, superb bathrooms with separate showers and tubs, and there was A separate work desk with TV in the entry way.

One note: the minibar tracks items that are moved in any way. If you come expecting to store something in the fridge, you have to ask for another mini-fridge for your room at $10/night.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Thank you for your review. I could not be happier that you had a great experience with us or that you loved your upgraded room. I will share your compliments with our team. I look forward to welcoming you back the next time you are in Chicago!

manchester
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2013

My wife and i stayed here for 3 nights mid October the hotel looks so different from all the stuffy ones that are trying to be something from the past take my advice stay here and just enjoy the hotel and its location.

Room Tip: Ditch the car and walk
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your review. I am thrilled that you loved your experience at the hotel and appreciate our modern design. I hope we see you again the next time you are in Chicago!

Pierre-Louis Giacotto

Been to Radisson Blu Aqua Hotel? Share your experiences!