“Everything you would expect” 5 of 5 stars

Enjoy Savings of 15%
Ranked #7 of 174 Hotels in Chicago
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
uk
“Everything you would expect”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2013

Great service, nice room, great gym and pool. There is also a running track on the roof by the pool. There is a roof terrace that is nice to sit on, it too is by the pool.

The concierge was great. All in a very good hotel but it comes at a price

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Radissonbluaqua, General Manager at Radisson Blu Aqua Hotel, responded to this review, September 16, 2013
Thank you for your comments! I am glad that you loved your stay and our amenities spaces. I hope we see you again on your next trip to Chicago!

Pierre-Louis Giacotto

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (515)
  • Turkish first
Kent UK
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2013

Stayed for 3 nights in July. Room a good size for 4 of us.Bathroom is one large room divided into 3 sections, wet room and toilet share a door and then you have a sink area. If someone is in the shower you can still use the toilet or sink which is quite handy when all sharing a room. Floor is shiny granite and I thought it would be very slippery when wet, actually it was not too bad but if someone had balance issues they may find it difficult.
We had a city view but could see the lake if looked out to the left. Beds very clean and comfortable. Hotel is next to a fire station, we did hear the sirens at night but did not cause any of us an issue. If you are disturbed by noise you may want to ask for a room on a different side.
Only 2 bottles of complementary water in room though 4 of us. On our first night I did ask for 2 extra bottles, had just arrived after a long haul flight and did not want to go searching for water and was told only 2 were complimentary and would have to pay for extra. thought it should be one bottle for every guest really.
Did not uses outside pool though did go up there. Lots of loungers and space, pool looked clean.Could see the lake.
Loved the location, although about 20 minute walk to Navy pier,( stayed during a particularly hot period so may be quicker if not as hot) 1 block to river and less than 5 minutes walk to Millenium Park. Just outside the park is the hub for the hop on hop off buses so easy to get around the city from that point. Also in this area is a restaurant called "Wildberrys" which is fantastic especially for breakfast. You will not leave hungry.
Breakfast buffet in the hotel was $25 each and did not have much choice.We really did not want to spend $100 on breakfast. luckily the concierge recommended Wildberry and we ate there every morning.
I would definitely stay here again but only for location rather than hotel facilities.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for your review. I am happy that the location was ideal for your needs and that you enjoyed your experience at the hotel. I am also glad that you plan to stay again in the future. I look forward to welcoming you back soon!

Kentucky
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2013 via mobile

This place is really a nice place but a little over priced and rooms are not that big. Meeting rooms are VERY nice and staff are great. It is brand new in appearance and located in a pretty good area. If it is in your price range it is a nice place to go. We didn't get to eat at the hotel.

• Stayed September 2013
Thank you for your review. I am happy that you enjoyed your experience at the hotel and that your meetings went well. I would, however, like to apologize that you felt the pricing was too high. Our rates do vary throughout the year, and I hope that you will return again in the future.

Harriman, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2013

I stayed here for the first time on my business trip to Chicago for Print 2013 and was most pleased. From the time i checked in, which was early and the receptionist was gracious to hold my bags, to the time i checked out it was a wonderful experience. The door men were very courteous. The room was impeccable.The Gardens/walking trail and pool area was amazing on the third floor. You would think you were walking in an botanical gardens. The dinning and service was great too.
I would defiantly recommend this hotel and will be back with my wife soon.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for your review! I am honored that you had such a great visit over the Print convention and that you plan to return with your wife soon. I will be sure to share your compliments with our team. I look forward to seeing you soon!

Montreal, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2013

First time there very new hotel
Room are not too big but good size with spa shower the colors are very nice turquoise carpet modern look like hotel boutique
The only thing the door of rooms make noise when you closed it so you may be disturbed by that on same floor but most hotels it is a problem
I had breakfast there very good buffet 25$ all included worth it excellent quality
I have tried as well the bar for snacks Ok
Staff nice
All facilities can be found big pool gym....because sharing with condo inside the building
Excellent location renting bike around corner
To be recommended will stay there again

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
Thank you for your review. I am glad that you had a nice visit and that you enjoyed the design of your room and the amenities. I look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Garfield, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2013

I was only going to be in Chicago for two days for a trade show. I decided last minute to book with the housing group at the convention center. This hotel was on the list. I researched it online and was hopeful that it would meet my expectations for ambiance and of course, comfort.
It actually surpassed my expectations for both the room appointments and the food and service at the bar and restaurant.

I would absolutely recommend the Radisson Aqua Blu and I look forward to an opportunity to stay here again.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for your compliments! I am glad that we exceeded your expectation in both service and design and that you plan to return to the hotel in the future! I look forward to welcoming you back soon!

Duluth, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2013

We stayed at this property for a second time. It was lovely. We really enjoyed the fitness facility and roof top deck. We sat by the fire pit at night and soaked in the nice weather and views of the city.

Room Tip: We stayed in a city view room last time and a park view room this time, both are very nice.