“A gem! Highly recommend!” 5 of 5 stars

Summer Savings of 15%
Ranked #8 of 174 Hotels in Chicago
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Orange,CA
“A gem! Highly recommend!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2013

Stayed at the Radisson Blu Aqua from 7/8-7/12. We travel for pleasure a couple of times a year and this hotel was one of the best I have been at in a long, long time. The check-in process took less than 30 seconds. All hotel employees from the front desk clerk, to the room service people, to the bartenders were so friendly. We had a corner room on the 11th floor with a balcony and I would highly recommend you pay the extra price for a balcony room! The views were terrific. The lake was basically blocked by other high rises, but we had an unobstructed view of Navy Pier, there is a small park directly east of the hotel we had a full view of, as well as the outdoor theater in Millennium Park (there was a free concert there our first night which we could hear from the balcony), and the entire pool area - which is gorgeous. The rooms are really modern and stylish with wood floors, which just made it feel "cleaner" to me. The hotel has a state of the art fitness center (which we did not use!) and a cool zen rock garden. We seemed to be one of the few travelers staying for pleasure - it really seemed to cater to business people. We never ate at Felini but did have drinks and appys in the bar a couple times and the food and service was great. Also, the Blu is located in a prime location - we were close to pretty much everything - we walked to the Field Museum through Millennium and Grant Parks, to Willis Tower, and up and down the Mag. Mile without any problems.

Room Tip: Definitely spring for a corner room with a balcony. It really is worth it simply for the fresh air a...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Radissonbluaqua, General Manager at Radisson Blu Aqua Hotel, responded to this review, July 23, 2013
Thank you for your comments! I could not be happier that you had such a wonderful experience with us or that you enjoyed our location and amenities. I am also glad that you enjoyed Filini! I hope we see you again on your next trip to Chicago!

Pierre-Louis Giacotto

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (500)
  • Turkish first
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2013

We came here on vacation to show our kids Chicago and to visit their Uncle. This hotel is amazing!! The architect is Awesome, decor is very Vogue, and the staff was friendly and provided impeccable service. Highly recommend this Radisson Blu if your planning a trip to Chicago.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for your comments. I am glad that you and your family had such a nice stay and that your kids enjoyed the city. I hope we see you again soon!

Mansfield, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2013

I recently had the pleasure of staying at the Radisson Blue Aqua Hotel in Chicago. Not only is it a beautiful piece of architecture, the amenities are top-notch. The lobby is ultra-modern and welcoming, as our all of the staff on a daily basis. Rooms are spotless. Restaurant and bar area is beautiful and food is delicious. There is a large outdoor pool and running track area which will accommodate singles or families, as well as, an ample indoor lap pool. The concierge staff gave excellent choices for entertainment and planned dinner reservations. I would definitely return and recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: You have two choices for decor. I would prefer the brighter white to the darker cherry .
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Thank you for your review! I am honored that you had such a wonderful experience and that you would recommend our hotel for all travelers! I hope we see you again soon!

Chicago, L
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2013

I hosted my 50th birthday party at the Radisson Blu, in the Red Sea and Black Sea rooms and third floor rooftop. I was very pleased with the outcome and my guests were quite impressed.

Arrangements for the party were smooth and efficient. Anita was very accommodating regarding my questions and request to see the room multiple times so that I could "visualize" my planning. Then on the day of the party, the lobby staff and security staff were excellent. My guests were welcomed by everyone. Security checked in a few times to make sure that I had everything that I needed, but they were not intrusive at all.

If you want to have a party in a hot and happening place, definitely the Radisson Blu. Not only is the party room awesome, but the hotel lobby and the bar - Filini - are great places to hang out and people watch after the party is over,

As they saying goes, location is everything! ..................Morrow

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Happy birthday! Thank you for spending your special celebration with us! I am thrilled that you had a great experience and hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back again soon.

South Florida, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2013

I stayed here because I wanted to see the inside of this architectural gem, and the inside is as interesting as the outside. Everything went smoothly, from the bellhop who greeted my cab to the check-in experience and the room. The rooms are wonderful, particularly the walk-in showers with the rain shower heads. It took a bit of time to figure out all the new technology in the rooms (how to turn off the lights, which went on automatically when you entered the room) but it was all very comfortable. I would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
Radissonbluaqua, General Manager at Radisson Blu Aqua Hotel, responded to this review, July 22, 2013
Thank you for your review! I am glad that you had such a great stay with us and that you liked the inside as much as the outside! I hope we see you again soon!

Vero Beach, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2013

We were in town for a wedding. The hotel is easy walking distance to millennium park, navy pier, the art institute and more. Very convenient. The rooms are modern and beautiful. The elevators are slow. The help were all friendly and accommodating. A very nice experience overall. Parking is big city prices.

• Stayed July 2013
Thank you for your comments. I am glad that you had an enjoyable visit with us and that the location was perfect for your needs. I hope that we see you again on your next trip to Chicago!

Twickenham
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2013

I have stayed twice at the Radisson Blu for business and both times it was excellent. I stayed in different room types, both were spacious and stylish wonderfull with stunning views across the city. Wifi access was quick and easy. Really enjoyed the bar - great atmosphere and service. Great location as well - just a short walk to Michigan Avenue.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for your comments. I am happy that both of your experiences at the hotel have been positive and perfect for your business needs. I hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back soon!

Pierre-Louis Giacotto

Been to Radisson Blu Aqua Hotel? Share your experiences!