“Outstanding customer service” 5 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Bloomington, Illinois
“Outstanding customer service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2013 via mobile

From the time my friends and I arrived to the hotel till the time we left we found all thr staff members to be very friendly and respectful. We were in town for lgbt parade. One of our rooms was not ready upon check in but hotel gave everyone in our party a free drink at the bar because we had to wait. The wait was not long at all. There was a girl working at the resturant I really wish I rremember her name. She was very quick in taking our order and her service was outstanding. I think her name was jenna D. Room was very clean and loved the bathroom. The beds were the best. Please let staff know and especially jenna that we will be back thanks to them. Will definitely recommend this hotel to all my family and friends!

• Stayed June 2013
Radissonbluaqua, General Manager at Radisson Blu Aqua Hotel, responded to this review, July 8, 2013
Thank you for your comments. I am thrilled that you had a great stay and that the staff was friendly and helpful. I will be sure to share your compliments with Jenna and the team. I hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back soon!

1,493 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (468)
  • Turkish first
Nashville, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2013

This hotel was truly an unxpected charm. I was upgraded to a suite, with a view of the city and lake. I opened my door to find hardwood floors in the room and a full RAIN shower head. HUGE workout room along with a very nice running track outside on the third floor. Last but not least....an IPad to obtain information about the hotel instead of a book. LOVED IT!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for your review! I am honored that you had such a great stay and appreciate your kind words. I hope we see you again soon!

Dallas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2013

I have forever stayed at the Swissotel next door but was shut out. My choices were the Fairmont and Radisson Blue on Columbus Drive. I had walked by the front of the Radisson Blu several times, noting its W-like appearance and appeal to younger travelers. I was able to get a nice room overlooking the pool. Unfortunately it was a short business trip with no time for workouts, but next time I will bring my workout clothes and maybe a swim suit. The pool has lap swimming (the only kind of swimming I do) and the weight room was very well equipped. The hotel is very new, has a trendy feel, and was very comfortable. As far as dining, I had a nice burger (yummy!) at the bar, but didn't try the other food. Check-in and check-out were very smooth. I liked having two separate elevators for the two separate parts of the building. The rooms were comfortable and on par with other nice hotels on the same block. This place benefits from everything being new and polished, so I hope that nice feel can be sustained. I will be back!

Room Tip: I generally request rooms on the upper floor (for the view) and away from elevators. It was unavoid...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for your review! I could not be happier that you enjoyed your stay and that you plan to return again in the future! I will be sure to share your compliments with our team. We look forward to seeing you again soon!

Paris, France
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2013

Staying at the Radisson Blu Aqua Hotel in Chicago was a great experience. The hotel is centrally located, at a walking distance from the Magnificent Mile, the Navy Pier or the Millennium Park.
The modern design atmosphere starts with the lobby: you get the cozy impression of entering in a boutique hotel when in fact the whole building is a hotel.
My room had a very nice view on the Chicago skyline and I enjoyed in particular the functionally designed bathroom.
The place where we had breakfast was like being in a fine food grocery store; and the proposed buffet was simple but with good quality food.
I haven't tested the Italian restaurant and will certainly do so the next time I visit Chicago.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Radissonbluaqua, General Manager at Radisson Blu Aqua Hotel, responded to this review, July 2, 2013
Thank you for your wonderful comments. I am thrilled that you had such a nice visit and were impressed with the design elements. I will share your compliments with our team. I hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back soon!

Copenhagen, Denmark
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2013

I was lucky enough to stay at this fabulous hotel downtown Chicago, what can I say except, WOW!!! The views from my sixteen floor room were absolutely amazing. The outdoors pool area on 3rd floor is great to just sit and chill down after a long walk!!!

I want to convey my thanks and gratitute to the best and fantastic concierge I have come across in a looong time, KEN - thanks for your kindness and help during my stay. Was sorry not to be able to say goodbye to you as you were on holidays when I checked out.

I will definetely come back if and when I get a chance one day.

I can recommend all my friends and colleagues to stay at the Radisson Blu in Chicago, and go for a good steak at 3 Forks restaurant around the corner!!!

Room Tip: If possible choose a corner room on floors 15 and above and get to see the views of the city. Also r...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Radissonbluaqua, General Manager at Radisson Blu Aqua Hotel, responded to this review, July 1, 2013
Thank you for your review! I am honored that you had such a memorable visit in Chicago and that you found the hotel so relaxing! I will share your compliments with Ken, who I am sure will be thrilled by your kind words. I hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back in the future!

Mahopac, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2013

Stayed at the Radisson while attending a conference at McCormick Place. The hotel made the visit most memorable. Loved the fact that you could take an underground passageway from the hotel to the Fairmont across the street and access the shuttle bus to the conference center without having to go outside. A huge plus in bad weather. Hotel deserves much praise. I liked the recycled decor elements and lobby ambiance. Entire front desk staff from bellmen, concierges and front desk check-in staff were outstanding! They have pride in their hotel and showed it consistently with welcoming, friendly, knowledgeable and consistent service. Had a positive dining experience in the casual restaurant and bar too. Once you leave the elevators the hallways are dark with modern photography elements on the walls creating a passageway effect. I stayed on the sixth floor and once I opened the room door experienced a contrast effect stepping into a light room with blond wood floors. The room displayed wonderful natural light and had excellent lighting features. A wrap around balcony really showed off the location and let guests soak in gorgeous city views. Spacious bathroom, comfortable bed and all the amenities one would expect if you need to do work after hours. Loved the third floor with the outdoor pool, walking/running track and outdoor furniture to relax on.

Room Tip: Try to get a wraparound balcony and a room facing Navy Pier.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
I can't thank you enough for your review. I am honored that we made your work trip more enjoyable and that the amenity spaces allowed you to relax after a long day! I am also happy that you enjoyed the design elements and view. I will be sure to share your compliments with our team. I hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back soon!

Hyderabad, India
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2013

I had the pleasure of staying at this ultra modern hotel for my friends birthday. What a beautiful hotel this is. It is very sleek and with modern decor. It had great service everyone was so nice and friendly. My room had hardwood floors, (I have never stayed in a hotel with hardwood floors) that was so cool. It was so nice, bright and was complete opposite of a stuffy hotel room. I highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your review! I could not be happier that you and your friends had such a great birthday celebration! I am glad that you enjoyed the room design and hard wood floors. I hope we see you back at the hotel soon!

Pierre-Louis Giacotto

Been to Radisson Blu Aqua Hotel? Share your experiences!