“Great hotel. Great location.” 5 of 5 stars

Enjoy Savings of 15%
Ranked #7 of 174 Hotels in Chicago
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Great hotel. Great location.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

The hotel is gorgeous - exterior, lobby, and rooms. The staff was very friendly and the atmosphere was great. It is a short walk to Millennium Park, and an easy to walk Michigan Avenue as well. I would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Radissonbluaqua, General Manager at Radisson Blu Aqua Hotel, responded to this review, May 29, 2013
Thank you for your review! I am thrilled that you had such a great visit with us and that you enjoyed your experience at the hotel. I am also glad the location was perfect for your needs. I look forward to seeing you again soon!

Pierre-Louis Giacotto

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (515)
  • Turkish first
Shelby Township, Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

Loved the modern decor and wood floor (as opposed to carpet). We had a great view from our room. The only suggestion for improvement that I have is to add some space for things that we all travel with. In the room we were in (1602) there was definitely room (in front of the floor to ceiling window in the bathroom - don't worry there are window shades) to include a bench that provided both a place to sit for those who need to do that while getting dressed and some storage area underneath the bench. On the right hand side of the mirror over the sink, there was room to add some matching wood shelving (perhaps two shelves approx. 12" apart) and still leave access to replace the lighting in the mirror when necessary. Another plus to the location is the fact that there is a C.V.S. that is essentially part of the building even though it can not be accessed from within the building (for all of those things you forget or an unexpected need). The Concierge was great as was the check in and out staff. Very nice cleaning staff too. The valet parking gentleman provided better directions than Google or Bing maps.

Room Tip: Dogs are allowed on the floors up thru 9. Those rooms are not carpeted. There are rooms on the hig...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for your comments. I am happy that you enjoyed your room and the wood floors. I also appreciate your suggestions for improvement. I will share your compliments with our concierge and door staff, and I hope that we see you again soon. Thanks again!

Minneapolis, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

My wife and I stayed here for two nights over the memorial day weekend and had an excellent experience. The hotel itself is great, with a very modern, but inviting lobby, and rooms that were extremely clean and comfortable. The exercise facility is well above average for what you typically see at a hotel, and the outdoor pool deck / lounge area / running track looked great, but unfortunately it was too cold to make use of them over the weekend. Service was great from the front desk, to the door man, who was particularly friendly and helpful. Location is conveniently located between the magnificent mile and millenium park and within a 10 minute walk to navy pier. We will definitely be returning to this hotel next time we visit Chicago.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your wonderful review! I am thrilled that you and your wife had a great Memorial Day weekend with us. I will share your compliments with our team, and I hope to see you again soon. Thanks again for your comments!

London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

When you arrive at the base of the Aqua building the view upwards is jaw dropping - a beautiful clever building that just makes you smile. The hotel occupies the lower floors and you fear that will be disappointing but we had a dual aspect corner room on the 11th floor overlooking the park and N Columbia Ave and even at that height there was a vertiginous buzz walking out on to the balcony. And oh what a joy to have a balcony, open, for grown ups - trusting you to not be stupid but to enjoy the view and experience and take in the cool air from the lake.
So we liked the building but I'm getting ahead of myself.
We went to stay for my husband's birthday. Drawn out story about small detail to follow (spoiler warning!!)... I ordered a cake to be delivered first thing that morning and had a tight window before we went out on a planned excursion. To try and make this work like clockwork I had put in a call to the hotel before our arrival in Chicago to try and set everything in place without spoiling any surprise whilst there. They assured me I would be called immediately the cake arrived and if I had to criticise, slightly patronised me for ringing ahead. When it came to the day, disappointingly they didn't call up to the room - they left a silent message. So my 15 minute window was challenged by the time I saw the message light and followed up. The delay wasn't the end of the world and the concierge did make up for things by surpassing my expectations by supplying a small extra fridge to our room in which to put the cake so it didn't spoil. Very impressed with this. I just thought this whole experience summed up the hotel service. They do very well in the moment. We felt looked after yet not pestered, left alone to have a relaxing time. Small things - only one robe in the room when we arrived (a common mistake by hotels that often stock for single occupancy) but a low impact note left for housekeeping solved this. We were left with another robe and the extra caffeinated coffee we'd asked for.
The hotel is well located for fun in Chicago - still in The Loop so near all those other great buildings, Millennium Park, Art Institute and also near the River and Lake. So you can hop over to the North for shopping/more restaurants or jump on the El to get to those other intriguing neighbourhoods.
The room itself was very comfortable and contemporary. Nice king size bed - we slept like lambs. Bathroom - nice wide bath, large shower and plenty of towels/products. There was a hall corridor which took up a lot of the square footage but we didn't mind - made it feel more like an apartment. The only weird thing was the wardrobe being near the front door which was a bit of a walk from the bedroom. But we needed the extra few paces to walk off the huge Chicago portions! So we didn't do breakfast at the hotel, never having the appetite after dinners the night before - the breakfast didn't tempt us and was very much a standard Radisson breakfast instead of taking the opportunity to take on some of Chicago's personality. Not sure about Spa either - wasn't something we looked into and the weather wasn't warm enough to wander out to the pool deck.
We had a great holiday and the hotel definitely contributed to the overall enjoyment of the trip.

Room Tip: Recommend a balcony room and a corner dual aspect for a light, airy experience
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Indianapolis
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2013 via mobile

Went in for business and I was upgraded when I checked in. Had a balcony and an amazing view. On top of that my room had an Ipad that I was able to use for hotel services. Very clean beautiful hotel and staff is friendly, I would definitely recommend this hotel.

• Stayed May 2013
Radissonbluaqua, General Manager at Radisson Blu Aqua Hotel, responded to this review, May 31, 2013
Thank you for your comments! I could not be happier that you had such a great experience or that you enjoyed your room and view. I hope that we see you again the next time you are in Chicago!

Fayetteville, Arkansas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2013 via mobile

They let us check in early and the matre de was very attentive. We loved the rooms and the view of milineum park was amazing. The lobby is beautiful and the drinks were not over priced. We'll be back.

• Stayed May 2013
Radissonbluaqua, General Manager at Radisson Blu Aqua Hotel, responded to this review, May 28, 2013
Thank you for your review. I am glad that you enjoyed your stay and that you were able to arrive early. I hope that we see you again soon!

Brisbane, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2013

Everything about this hotel was fantastic from the amenities to the staff. The location is excellent for business and tourist hot spots. I can not speak highly enough off my stay, it was truly great with absolutely no hiccups or problems.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for your review! I could not be happier that you enjoyed your experience with us or that everything went so smoothly. I am also thrilled that the location was perfect for everything you wanted to enjoy in the city. I look forward to seeing you again soon!

Pierre-Louis Giacotto

Been to Radisson Blu Aqua Hotel? Share your experiences!