“Beautiful hotel...convenient location” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Radisson Blu Aqua Hotel

You added Radisson Blu Aqua Hotel to your Saves list
Radisson Blu Aqua Hotel
4.5 of 5 Hotel   |   221 N. Columbus Drive, Chicago, IL 60601 (Downtown / The Loop)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Enjoy Savings of 15%
Ranked #9 of 178 Hotels in Chicago
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Dallas, Texas
“Beautiful hotel...convenient location”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2013

The entire staff is always hospitable and courteous. Seem to always remember your name upon check-in. Walking distance to my corporate office which makes it convenient as a business traveler.
Rooms are spacious and always inpectable clean!
NAPA - Dallas, Texas

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Radissonbluaqua, General Manager at Radisson Blu Aqua Hotel, responded to this review, May 17, 2013
Thank you for your review. I am happy that you had such a great stay and that our team was helpful throughout your visit. I am also glad that our location is convenient to your office! I hope that we see you again the next time you are in Chicago.

Pierre-Louis Giacotto

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (599)
  • Turkish first
Maplewood, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2013

I am a fairly frequent visitor to Chicago and watched with interest as the Aqua tower went up. It is a stunningly beautiful building. So when my usual hotel in Chicago was booked for a conference, I jumped at the chance to stay here. It is a very modern and sleek hotel, but quite warm in tone. The front desk is rather spartan, but the staff were warm and welcoming. The lobby near the elevators was über-cool in coppery metallic tones and with a beautiful and very long ribbon fireplace. I liked that the elevators always require a keycard to go up.

My standard king room was quite small, but extremely clean and well-furnished and colorful with teal carpeting. The bathroom was very Euro-modern. No bathtub (a good thing), but a great stall shower with excellent water pressure from a rainshower head.

The bed was quite comfortable, there were plenty of outlets for all my gadget chargers and it was pretty quiet. My only real issue with the room was that there was very little room between the desk and the window. There was literally no room to move - I had to squeeze into sit in the desk chair (and I am not a large person, thank you very much).

There is a large CVS on the corner of the building, which is very convenient. Taxis were in good supply, but the hotel is within walking distance of most downtown attractions, most notably the wonderful Millennium Park, a few blocks away. All in all, a very nice stay.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Radissonbluaqua, General Manager at Radisson Blu Aqua Hotel, responded to this review, May 29, 2013
Thank you for your review. I am happy that you had such a great stay and that you enjoyed the design of the lobby and our rooms. I am also glad that the location was prefect for your needs. I hope that we see you again on your next trip to Chicago!

Calgary, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2013

This is a very new hotel with an ultra-modern decor. The location is excellent for sights in or near the loop. Of particular note is the location adjacent to the fabulous Millenium Park. Our room was on the 12th floor. Very comfortable bed, good mini-bar, excellent shower stall, perfect free WiFi, quiet, clean, good lighting, great TV coverage. The fitness room is the biggest I've ever seen and the business centre contains several computer terminals. We had dinner one night in the hotel and the food was very good. Front desk staff and front-of-hotel staff are very courteous and helpful. Would we stay here again? YES

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Radissonbluaqua, General Manager at Radisson Blu Aqua Hotel, responded to this review, May 15, 2013
Thank you for your wonderful comments! I could not be happier that you had such an enjoyable experience with us or that you were able to utilize our amenity spaces. I will share your compliments with our team, and I hope that we have the opportunity to welcome you back soon.

Dallas, TX
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2013

The Radisson Blu Aqua is located in a beautiful location that not only offers great views of the Navy Pier (if your room is on that side), but is also a great location for convenience and access to so many of the attractions in downtown Chicago. Walking distance (easy walking distance, even in heels) to Millennium Park and the Magnificent Mile. Right on the water.
Additionally, the hotel is smartly decorated with a bright and simple theme that allows you to relax and enjoy the atmosphere. The balcony rooms seem to be done with light wood and white accents while the non-balcony rooms are a little darker with blacks and teals (based on my experience staying in different rooms, not 100% sure all balconies/non-balconies follow this standard). The rooms are clean and spacious with all the amenities.
I believe the room rate is very fair in comparison to other hotels of similar quality in the area. In fact, the Radission is generally less expensive. Courteous staff. Great food as well.

Room Tip: The balcony rooms are great, and a view of the Navy Pier is hard to beat.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Radissonbluaqua, General Manager at Radisson Blu Aqua Hotel, responded to this review, May 13, 2013
Thank you for your review! I could not be happier that you had such an enjoyable stay or that our location is perfect for your needs. You are correct in that we have two different designs and that several of our rooms offer balconies. There are rooms of both designs with this feature. I hope that we have the opportunity to welcome you back soon!

Stockholm
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2013

Excellent location a few blocks from Michigan Av and Millenium Park. Nice room with a view of the lake. Upgrade to Business Class to get access to lounge with evening drinks and morning breakfast. Nice and helpful staff.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your comments. I am happy that you had such a nice stay and that you were able to enjoy the business class accommodations. I hope that we have the opportunity to welcome you back soon!

Bloomington, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2013

The rooms were amazing!! The Gym was better than my gym in town! The staff was great! Its right off Michigan so its not too busy but its close enough that you are in all the excitement in less than 2 min of a walk! Great Hotel overall!!!!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Than you for your review. I am thrilled that you had such a great stay and that you were impressed with the workout facilities. I look forward to welcoming you back again soon!

Asheville, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2013

My family (2 adults + 2 'tweens") really enjoyed our 3-night stay at this beautiful hotel. The staff were professional, courteous and very helpful. The lobby and guest rooms were decorated beautifully. The building itself is a piece of art (the architect won awards for her design). There's a beautiful, long fireplace in the lobby and a small art gallery near the banquet facilities. The beds (2 queens) were very comfortable, there was a large desk and TV, plenty of electric outlets (we had 4 phones, 2 cameras and a laptop that all needed to charge). The "Euro Style" rooms were very spacious and clean. There was a small balcony in our room with a sliding glass door (nice touch, if you want some fresh air). However --- be warned --- if you're sharing a room, you will hear every sound your room-mate makes. Our guest room had hardwood floors and ceramic tile (in bath) and the bathroom door (sliding glass) didn't close completely ... so sounds from the bathroom carried (and echoed) through the room. We couldn't hear our neighbors when they were inside their room, but we knew every time they came in or went out. The indoor pool and rec room (w/pool table) kept my husband and kids busy while I rested after our busy days out. We visited in early April, so the outdoor pool & rec facilities weren't available yet, but the grounds around the hotel are lovely. We didn't have time to eat at the Italian restaurant in the hotel (the menu looked good though), but there were plenty of places nearby (Giordano's for stuffed pizza - fabulous!!). The downtown 'pedway' system is connected to the hotel and, though it's somewhat confusing/difficult to find at first, the pedway is filled with places to go for coffee/donuts, a sandwich or snack or just about anything ... and you don't have to go outside ... that is a BIG "plus" if it's cold outside! The location was great ... a 2 block walk to Michigan Avenue/Millennium Park. Parking at the hotel is expensive ($50/night), but you can park at Grant Park/Millennium Park and walk a couple blocks for a lot less. In all, a really good experience - would've rated a "5" if I didn't hear my husband/kids in the bathroom (or if they offered free coffee in the lobby!)

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for your review. I am happy that you and your family were able to enjoy such a relaxing stay with us and that you enjoyed the gym and pool facilities. I hope that we have the opportunity to welcome you back again soon.