“Nice stay in Chicago” 5 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Stockholm
“Nice stay in Chicago”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2013

Excellent location a few blocks from Michigan Av and Millenium Park. Nice room with a view of the lake. Upgrade to Business Class to get access to lounge with evening drinks and morning breakfast. Nice and helpful staff.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Radissonbluaqua, General Manager at Radisson Blu Aqua Hotel, responded to this review, May 13, 2013
Thank you for your comments. I am happy that you had such a nice stay and that you were able to enjoy the business class accommodations. I hope that we have the opportunity to welcome you back soon!

Pierre-Louis Giacotto

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (500)
  • Turkish first
Bloomington, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2013

The rooms were amazing!! The Gym was better than my gym in town! The staff was great! Its right off Michigan so its not too busy but its close enough that you are in all the excitement in less than 2 min of a walk! Great Hotel overall!!!!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Than you for your review. I am thrilled that you had such a great stay and that you were impressed with the workout facilities. I look forward to welcoming you back again soon!

Asheville, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2013

My family (2 adults + 2 'tweens") really enjoyed our 3-night stay at this beautiful hotel. The staff were professional, courteous and very helpful. The lobby and guest rooms were decorated beautifully. The building itself is a piece of art (the architect won awards for her design). There's a beautiful, long fireplace in the lobby and a small art gallery near the banquet facilities. The beds (2 queens) were very comfortable, there was a large desk and TV, plenty of electric outlets (we had 4 phones, 2 cameras and a laptop that all needed to charge). The "Euro Style" rooms were very spacious and clean. There was a small balcony in our room with a sliding glass door (nice touch, if you want some fresh air). However --- be warned --- if you're sharing a room, you will hear every sound your room-mate makes. Our guest room had hardwood floors and ceramic tile (in bath) and the bathroom door (sliding glass) didn't close completely ... so sounds from the bathroom carried (and echoed) through the room. We couldn't hear our neighbors when they were inside their room, but we knew every time they came in or went out. The indoor pool and rec room (w/pool table) kept my husband and kids busy while I rested after our busy days out. We visited in early April, so the outdoor pool & rec facilities weren't available yet, but the grounds around the hotel are lovely. We didn't have time to eat at the Italian restaurant in the hotel (the menu looked good though), but there were plenty of places nearby (Giordano's for stuffed pizza - fabulous!!). The downtown 'pedway' system is connected to the hotel and, though it's somewhat confusing/difficult to find at first, the pedway is filled with places to go for coffee/donuts, a sandwich or snack or just about anything ... and you don't have to go outside ... that is a BIG "plus" if it's cold outside! The location was great ... a 2 block walk to Michigan Avenue/Millennium Park. Parking at the hotel is expensive ($50/night), but you can park at Grant Park/Millennium Park and walk a couple blocks for a lot less. In all, a really good experience - would've rated a "5" if I didn't hear my husband/kids in the bathroom (or if they offered free coffee in the lobby!)

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for your review. I am happy that you and your family were able to enjoy such a relaxing stay with us and that you enjoyed the gym and pool facilities. I hope that we have the opportunity to welcome you back again soon.

London
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2013

We recently stayed at this hotel for 5 nights. The hotel is in a great location for the city, our room had fab views over Millennium Park. The room was very good, with big comfy beds.

We used the gym and indoor pool, the gym is huge with lots of equipment to use. However I was very disappointed that the outdoor pool was not open, it is only open from the end of May; not advertised on the website.

Breakfast a little steep at $25 dollars each but lots of great cafes/delis nearby.

All in all a very good hotel though.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Radissonbluaqua, General Manager at Radisson Blu Aqua Hotel, responded to this review, May 9, 2013
Thank you for your review. I am pleased that you enjoyed your experience including the location and work out facilities. I would, however, like to apologize that you were disappointed with the outdoor pool; we do typically open it the end of May due to the inclement weather prior to this time. I am truly sorry for any disappointment this caused for you.

Chicago, Illinois
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2013

Nothing to brag about with this hotel, exept a good location for the Harris Theater shows. We enjoyed our view from our room but there was no bath tub only a shower. The room was smaller than I expected for the price. After our show at the Harris Theater we wanted to get a drink in the lounge and the waitress was swamped, so she wasnt ever able to get to us . I probably wouldnt ever go back. I am still on the hunt for that perfect hotel in Chicago for us to visit on a regular basis.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your review. I am happy that our location was perfect for getting your to your events and that you enjoyed the view from your room. I am, however, sorry to see that you did not enjoy your guest room. We do have several different layouts, some including tubs, and two different designs available, and I am confident that we will have one better suited to your needs. I hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back soon.

Edmond, Oklahoma, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2013

Stayed at the Blu Aqua recently for business. The staff is very professional, the hotel is absolutely beautiful, and the bar/restaurant are great. I truly enjoyed my stay. Unfortunately, my trip was short and not for personal enjoyment. I look forward to staying here again.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for your review. I could not be more pleased that you had such an enjoyable experience with us or that our staff was friendly and accommodating. I hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back soon.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

We just checked out after a 3 night stay, and the thing that really sticks out in my mind about this hotel, apart from the unique architecture and decor was the outstanding service. We just finished a 2 week trip with our toddler and stayed at 5 different hotels, all with good trip advisor reviews. The service here was the best! I would definitely stay here again. Last time we were in Chicago we stayed at the Palomar, which is also great. I preferred the location of Blu near Milennium park and the lake. There is also a small playground and a large grocery store and pharmacy next door, super convenient for parents. Lovely views and room!

• Stayed May 2013
Thank you for your review. I could not be happier that you had such an enjoyable experience with us. I will share your compliments with our team; it is truly an honor that our service is what stood out the most. I hope that we see you and your family again the next time you are in Chicago!

Pierre-Louis Giacotto

Been to Radisson Blu Aqua Hotel? Share your experiences!