“Great stay” 5 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Arlington, Virginia
“Great stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2013

Stayed two nights with my wife and 1-year old son - they joined me on a business trip. Beautiful interior design throughout the hotel. Room had a great view of the Millennium Park area and nearby buildings. There is a playground nearby which was a delight for my son. He also enjoyed the indoor pool. We had great experiences in the hotel restaurant (two breakfasts). Food was delicious and staff was friendly and attentive. I accidentally left an item behind and the security team was helpful and efficient in locating the item and getting it back to me. We would definitely come back.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Radissonbluaqua, General Manager at Radisson Blu Aqua Hotel, responded to this review, April 22, 2013
Thank you for your review! I am happy that you and your family had such a great stay and that you enjoyed your breakfast in Filini. I hope we see you again soon!

1,367 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (451)
  • Turkish first
Menomonee Falls, Wisconsin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2013

Wonderful, fascinating hotel!! We stayed here for a few days over Spring Break (April 3-5). What a wonderful surprise this hotel was. The location was within easy walking distance to Art Museum, Macy's on State, Navy Pier and restaurants. It has a fabulous workout facility! The indoor pool is only two lanes so don't plan on your kids having a ton of fun playing in the indoor pool. HOWEVER, the outdoor pool looks great!

There are two room designs to this hotel. We didn't know that upon check-in. We were given a room that was nice, clean, and had room enough for 4 people. The bathroom was modern with a cool shower spigot embedded in the ceiling. Don't worry there is plenty of water pressure to wash your hair.

The only thing to complain about for us was the room was very dark; one wall was painted black, black tilling, black furniture. There were pops of color but for us it was a little claustrophobic. In casual conversation with the front desk we mentioned the interesting color choice and they offered us the different room decor immediately. It wasn't a big deal to us, so we stayed where we were.

Speaking of decor; much of the design comes from re-purposed and reclaimed items from around the City of Chicago. We think they should offer a tour of the hotel and point out what was salvaged from around the city. The items pointed out to us where very interesting and it would have been fun to hear more. Make sure to ask the front desk about where their wall came from.

The hotel employees are awesome! Friendly, knowledgeable, welcoming and they really want to make your stay memorable! One of the best staff we have ever encountered! Clearly, Blu is doing something right in their customer service training!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for your review. I am happy that you and your family had a great experience and that you learned about some of the materials we used in the design. I am sharing your compliments with our team and very much appreciate your kind words about them. I apologize that your room was too dark for your needs and hope that you are able to try the other style during your next stay. We look forward to seeing you again soon!

Raleigh, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2013

beautiful lobby and restaurant - the "bistro" downstairs was very, very noisy but the service was good and the food was great. I had forgotten my razor so that was my bad, but it took 3 calls to customer service and the bellman never showed so I got my own from the front desk.

Room Tip: figure out a way to get upgraded - room 625 was awesome
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for your review! I could not be happier that you had such a great stay or that your room was awesome. I would, however, like to apologize that there was a delay in having a razor delivered to your room. I am sharing your concerns with our team, and I am truly sorry for any frustration this caused. I hope we see you again on your next trip to Chicago.

Chapel Hill, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2013

I have stayed at Radisson Blu on April 2013. This hotel is 18 months old and you can see it! Although the room was on the smaller size, it was extremely clean and comfortable. The lobby in the evening was very crowded and loud and I was worried the room would be noisy, but instead I didn't hear a noise. I will be back!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for your review! I am happy to hear that your room was quiet and comfortable and that you plan to return for your next visit to Chicago. We look forward to seeing your again soon; thanks again!

DC
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2013

Look:
- Unlike any Radisson I have ever seen - modern and with clear design taste vs. vanilla hotel
- Building and hotel seem to embrace the Aqua theme via curves on exterior and room elements like blue carpeting and tile with flecking to reflect light (not cheesy - well done)

Dining:
- I only had lunch in the bar - which is very stylish in decor (bar seats were not comfortable)
- Food was good and typically priced for Chicago hotels and bar tender was friendly

Location:
- Near Millennium Park and a bit distant from shopping on Miracle mile area if that is your thing
- Driving up to it took a few tries as I am not familiar with local and very confusing streets - definitely take care to Map this property if arriving by car

I also appreciated the included internet and decent coffee in my room. Overall I would return to this hotel and were all Radisson like this - they just might have a chance at more of my business.

Room Tip: Make sure to ask about room view since some view park and have water views
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Radissonbluaqua, General Manager at Radisson Blu Aqua Hotel, responded to this review, April 19, 2013
Glad you enjoyed the stylish design from both the Aqua building and the Radisson Blu Hotel.

In addition to the descriptions you gave, not sure if you are informed that we have just opened another Radisson Blu in the US at the Mall of America in Minneapolis and are also in process of renovating 2 other ones to upgrade them to the Blu brand, the Radisson Plaza Minneapolis and the Radisson Philladelphia. I hope you will take advantage of these hotels if you travel in these cities.

Thank you for your patronage and l look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Portland, Oregon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2013

The check in experience was great. Everything about this hotel is stunning: it's new; the rooms are gorgeous, modern and sleek. The hotel is clean and the service is perfect. This hotel is in the heart of all things to do... You are walking distance from the Navy Pier and the Magnificent Mile. There are gourmet grocery stories nearby and a drug store for anything that you may need.

My recommendations: get a room where you can get access to the executive suite. The executive suite is stocked with sodas/coffee throughout the day and is a stylish room with magazines, views and ambience.

I can't wait to come back!!

Room Tip: Get a room with an upgrade for: views and access to the executive suite.
Jack,

Thanks for pointing out what we refer to as the "Business Class" lounge available to all guests in Suites or booking the "Business Class" level rooms. In addition to access to the lounge, you get an Ipad to use during your stay in your room, automatic complimentary turn down service, additional Club Carlson points... so this is truly a sweet deal!

Looking forward to welcoming you back soon!

Chicago, IL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2013

I want to speak to the service of the hotel. The management was very responsive, friendly, and helpful. I have stayed in many of the top hotels in Chicago and would recommend the Radisson Blu before any of the others.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Thank you so much for the recognition, I am thrilled you enjoyed your stay.

I hope you will be able to come back this Summer and enjoy all the activities in and around the hotel.

Pierre-Louis Giacotto

Been to Radisson Blu Aqua Hotel? Share your experiences!