“Best hotel I have ever stayed at” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Summer Savings of 15%
Ranked #9 of 167 hotels in Chicago
Morris, Illinois
“Best hotel I have ever stayed at”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2013

I travel to Chicago often and have stayed at many of the hotels in the Loop/Downtown area, but the Radisson Blu Aqua Hotel has to be one of the most beautiful modern hotels I have ever been at. The service was 4 star from the desk clerk (hope that is appropriate) to the door man, to the bartender to the waiter staff in the resturaunt were excellent! The rooms were so cool and comfortable and most important clean!! I loved the bathroom, clean and spacious, the shower was excellent so roomy and relaxing, I didn't want to get out. I only stayed one night but would highly recommend this hotel to anyone who loves luxury being pampered and a clean well kept hotel than the Blu Aqua is for you

Room Tip: The room I had was perfect, not sure which side I was on but I think no matter what side would be go...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
Radissonbluaqua, General Manager at Radisson Blu Aqua Hotel, responded to this review, April 2, 2013
Thank you for your review! I am thrilled that you had such a wonderful stay and that our team was able to accommodate all of your needs. I will share your compliments with each of them. I hope that we see you again soon! Thanks again!

1,346 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (443)
  • Turkish first
Honolulu, Hawaii
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2013

[] Recommend it? No. I cannot recommend this place because I would not choose it again for our next trip to Chicago.

[] Military Discount: Yes! Thanks.

[] stayed one night, 29 March, 2013.

(-) Parking costs an additional $43.00 (self park) and $53.00 valet. Same parking garage. Self-parking is a nightmare might as well pay valet. No other options for parking in that area, was not expecting this additional cost, the hotel does NOT own the parking garage.

(-) not the best location... noticed there were comparable hotels that were better located right in the heart of the city and the mag mile.

(-) water pressure in the hotel room was not good, two star hotels have better showers.

(-) hotel in-room dining menu had limited and horrible options and too pricy, even for Chicago!

(-) they don't have a drive way to pull in like every other hotel does, your car is in the street. Even if you wanted to check in and then go park you can't because it's not physically possible.

(-) I heard people coming in all night long, slamming doors, loud voices, etc... rm 1420

(+) great view from our room of the city and Navy Pier (corner view)

(+) very clean

(+) bed was one of the most comfortable beds I have ever slept in

(+) free wifi

(+) large LCD mounted flatscreen, and nice decor.

[] Overall was not impressed with this hotel. We had never spent the night in Chicago before so it was our first hotel in the city. It looked very cool for the outside and based on the reviews we decided to give it a try. It was not bad per say, but again after seeing the other hotels I had viewed online right in the middle of the attractions we wanted to see, it's a no brainer to try the Intercontinental next time.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Radissonbluaqua, General Manager at Radisson Blu Aqua Hotel, responded to this review, April 1, 2013
Thank you for staying with us and for taking the time to leave us a review. I am happy that we were able to offer you a discounted rate and appreciate your military service. I am also glad that you enjoyed your view, the design and the amenities such as free wifi and the large screen TVs. I would, however, like to apologize that you were disappointed in the location. We are withing 2 blocks of Millennium Park and a short walk to the Art Institute, Magnificent Mile, State Street shopping and Grant Park. I am truly sorry that you would have preferred a different area for your stay. I also apologize that you were disappointed with the room service and parking options. I am sharing your comments with our management team and I hope that you will reconsider returning during your next visit to Chicago. Thanks again,

Columbus, Ohio
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2013

My husband and I stayed one night with our 2 year old. The room was small and had a shower only. There was a dusting rag left on a table and I stepped on a piece of small glass before getting in the shower, which left my foot bleeding. Also, the shower only had luke warm water and my son cried bc he was freezing. The staff were friendly enough, but did not seem to go out of their way to be of assistance. The indoor pool was also cold and small with two small lanes for laps. The outdoor pool area did look very nice, but doesnt open til weather warms up. Parking was very hard to find and then marked terrible to find the way to the lobby vs. the condo desk. The decor was very nice and the lobby was amazing. Also, our stay was very quiet and the bed was super comfortable. I would say this is a place much more for adults.

Room Tip: Upper floor on the corner
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for leaving us a review. I am happy that you enjoyed the room and lobby design and also that you found the bed to be extremely comfortable. I would, however, like to apologize for the cleanliness issues and parking concerns you mentioned. I am addressing each of your comments with our management team, and I am truly sorry for any frustration or inconvenience you experienced. I hope that you will return to the hotel so that we are able to recoup your confidence in us.

Copenhagen, Denmark
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2013 via mobile

I stayed at Radisson Blu for 4 nights in connection with a work trip. My whole stay was an absolute delight :-) The architecture of the hotel, the location, all the staff - everything was top notch! Would give this modern hotel my highest recommendation!

Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Radissonbluaqua, General Manager at Radisson Blu Aqua Hotel, responded to this review, March 29, 2013
Thank you for your review! I am thrilled that you had such a memorable trip and that you took the time to share your experience. I hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back soon!

2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2013 via mobile

i have visited many hotels in my life. i have always opened my view of life on many things. but i can't imagine ever staying here again. first we were told parking is included. parking is not. total of only an additional $53.00 per day .. so after five days that is something that adds up. then upon check in we were advised that mid way through our stay we would have to change rooms. huh??!! when i questioned the room change we were offered to sleep in the street with two boys. when asked how could you place a single parent with two kids outside their scheduled reservation we were told that they would waive the cancellation penalty. huh??!! luckily i'm a trial lawyer and knew better. they after long discussion changed that. the pool has tile that causes water to accumulate. people slipping. they fail to address any concerns. if anyone gets hurt on that floor....they more than have had notice to fix it. check their video records. hope they get the karma they push out. good luck in your stay in never never land.

• Stayed March 2013
Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. I am truly sorry that you had a disappointing experience with us.

As with most hotels in Chicago, we do not offer complimentary parking or have parking included in the rates because we do not own or manage the parking garage. We do offer both valet and self parking options and the rates are posted online, at the front of the hotel and at every entrance to the garage. The current rates for valet service are $53 and self parking is $43 for a 24 hour period. I apologize that this was not better explained during your booking process.

When viewing your account, I see that you booked two reservations totaling five nights. You were offered the choice of staying in the same room throughout your entire visit or a room change because the second half of your stay was booked into a room with a balcony while the first portion was not. We did not have the upgraded room available during the first portion, so you were offered to change rooms when it became available if this was important to you. It was our Front Office Manager’s understanding that you were not happy with the reservation details or arrival process and so in order to offer you every option, he did offer to waive the cancellation penalty should you choose to check out early.

Finally, I appreciate your concern regarding the pool. The pool is fully up to code and we monitor the area very carefully. While you were there, a group was approached by our security team due to exceeding the occupancy in the hot tub. As with all pools who do not have a lifeguard on duty, it is the responsibility of the supervising adult to follow the pool rules including occupancy and preventing running on the pool deck.

Thank you again for your concerns.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2013 via mobile

The staff was extremely genuine and informative from the second I walked in the doors. I was surprised to get a phone call within minutes of entering my room that asked how my room was and if I needed anything else. The hotel itself is absolutely gorgeous and goes along well with my taste. The amenities were wonderful and I appreciated the fact that it wasn't too crowded and that I was able to peacefully utilize the pool, jacuzzi, and steam room. I'd recommend this hotel to any individual or group. I can also see it being very family-friendly. Can't wait to book another "stay-cation" soon at the Radisson Blu Aqua!

• Stayed March 2013
Thank you for your review! I could not be happier that you had such a wonderful stay at the hotel or that you would recommend it for both business and leisure travel. I look forward to seeing you on your next "stay-cation" Thanks again!

Indianapolis, Indiana, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2013

I absolutely loved the Blu. I felt so warm by the fireplace, sipping my lemon drop martini! I completed all of my work in my room mostly. I loved the tile an the shower! The bathroom was inspirationall! My view of the lakefront was AWESOME! As a native Chicagoan, I throughly enjoyed walking to Wildberry for breakfast and then a shorter walk to State street shopping:). Wow! Loved my stay. Will stay always, whenever I visit!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Radissonbluaqua, General Manager at Radisson Blu Aqua Hotel, responded to this review, March 28, 2013
I can't thank you enough for your wonderful review! I am honored that you had such a great stay and enjoyed the room, lobby and location! I look forward to welcoming you back soon!

Pierre-Louis Giacotto

Been to Radisson Blu Aqua Hotel? Share your experiences!