“Nicest hotel I've ever stayed at!” 5 of 5 stars

Enjoy Savings of 15%
Ranked #7 of 174 Hotels in Chicago
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Stevensville, MI
“Nicest hotel I've ever stayed at!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013 via mobile

Wow! The rooms are wonderful! The bathroom is huge with a separate tub and shower. The restaurant, Filini, is awesome. The architecture of the hotel and the interior is beautiful! The hotel is only about 2 years old. Arguably the most modern, and best hotel in Chicago!

• Stayed March 2013
Radissonbluaqua, General Manager at Radisson Blu Aqua Hotel, responded to this review, March 15, 2013
Thank you for your review! I am honored that you had such an enjoyable experience at the hotel and Filini. I will share your compliments with our team; thanks again!

Pierre-Louis Giacotto

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (515)
  • Turkish first
Salem OR
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

I wanted to stay at this hotel because I think it is a wonderful building on the outside. I just love to look at it. Came to a convenction for 5 days. It was as wonderful inside as it is outside. Great place to came back to after work. Excellent customer service all the way. Fillini (the restaurant inside the Hotel) was very welcoming and fun. I will be back. Thanks. Lullu fron Oregon

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for your comments. I am glad that you had such a great experience at the hotel and Filini and that you liked the inside as well as the outside! I hope that we see you again soon!

Long Island, NY
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

We stayed at the Blu Aqua for business, a trade show at the McCormick Place. The shuttle bus was across the street and the Metra train provided free rides to the show and the station is a short few blocks away. Our room was an upper floor corner room. It had the white theme with the light wood floors. The room was very light and bright. Many lighting choices. We had two queen beds and a work desk, great sitting chair, flat screen tv. We did order a fridge for $10/day. There is a CVS next door to the hotel, so you can buy food/drinks and store it in there. They delivered the fridge very quickly and had it plugged in for us when we arrived. The room did have a deep soaking tub, which we asked for. Most of the rooms don't, so ask if you want one. The bathroom decor is modern, clean and amazing! We loved the whole ultra modern look of the entire hotel. Loved the gym, which has everything! The service was great and they try to be very accommodating. We ate one dinner at Felini's and the food was wonderful. We really loved the sorbetto! It was a perfect stay and we would definitely return again.

Room Tip: Ask for a tub if you really want one. And ask for a corner upper floor room.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for your review. I am happy that you had such a wonderful stay and that you enjoyed the design of your room. I am also glad that you were able to utilize our fitness facility. I hope that we have the opportunity to see you again soon!

USA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

Recently stayed a weekend at the Blu Aqua in downtown Chicago. It is a fairly new property, developed by the Radisson Group of properties. I believe this is their top end property and they have several of these in Europe...this may be the first in the US.
Beautiful exterior with very modern rooms. The rooms were a bit smallish, but relatively large for a downtown property. The bathroom was very nice with a dual head walk in shower and excellent water pressure.
Interior design was contemporary, clean, somewhat minimalist with art deco influences. Great views from the balcony (we had a balcony room). They have both inside and outside pools/hot tubs...on the same floor which is convenient. The outside pool area was very nice with a large walking path, fire pit, plenty of seating and great views.
Did not try the bar or restaurant.
Within convenient walking distance of most popular downtown attractions.
Parking was over priced even for downtown ($75/day if I recall). Self park has no in/out ability and only save a few dollars from valet. Much cheaper self parking is available within a block of the hotel.
Hotel staff and concierge were all polite and helpful.
Overall - one of the top properties in downtown Chicago in all respects.

Room Tip: Select a balcony room for great views.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for your review. You are correct, we are the first Radisson Blu in North America! Our second property opened at the Mall of America today. We hope to continue to grow and expand our brand. I am happy that you enjoyed your overall stay, but I would like to apologize that there was some confusion over the parking rates. We work diligently with our parking company to offer rates that are less than or equal to our competitors. Our current overnight valet rate is $53 and self parking is $43. I am truly sorry for any disappointment this caused for you. I hope that we see you again on your next trip to Chicago!

Raleigh, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2013

My Boyfriend and I stayed here the weekend of March 8-10 for my birthday and everything was fantastic. The hotel lobby was beautiful and we were greeted with a warm welcome. The receptionists were all very friendly and helpful througout our stay. Although a little small, our standard room was modern, clean, and beautiful! I loved the big shower and the comfy bed. The hotel was steps away from magnificent mile and millenium park which made it the perfect location for us. We were also in walking distance to Rush and Hubbard streets where we went out to celebrate my birthday. All in all I would recommend this hotel to anyone and would definitely stay there again!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Happy Birthday and thank you for your review! I am honored that you spent your birthday celebration with us and that you had such a nice stay at the hotel. I will share your comments with our team. I hope to see you again soon!

Happy Birthday!

Durham, North Carolina, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2013

Last weekend, for the first time in my life, I stayed in an upscale hotel in downtown Chicago.
I thoroughly enjoyed the hotel. From my balcony I could see the Navy Pier. The standard room was a little small, but just fine for one person, and it was a very clean, quiet, and comfortable room with interesting features. I was only able to stay two nights, but I plan to take a longer vacation in Chicago, and I will stay at the Radisson Blue Aqua again. It is very easy to walk from the hotel to restaurants and shopping. If you want to go a little farther, taxi cabs are waiting right outside the front door (which is normal for Chicago, but new to me;). I had a dinner at the Italian restaurant inside the hotel, and drinks in the bar the next night. It was all extremely good and I had not one complaint about my stay.

Room Tip: As a first timer, I paid an extra $50 to get on a high floor thinking I might get a panoramic view o...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
Thank you for your review! I am thrilled that you had such a great experience with us and that you plan to return for another vacation soon. I will share your compliments with our team!

Fargo, North Dakota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2013

From check-in through check-out, our two night stay here was perfect. When my girlfriend and I arrived to check in at 10 a.m. we had been up for a little more than thirty hours and just wanted to sleep. The front desk was understanding and quick in getting us into our room and when we went down after a couple hours of sleep to have them explain the billing again, they were more than happy and actually remembered us.
The concierge was very helpful in ideas for food and very helpful with directions. The restaurant was absolutely fantastic as well. Even the help in the business lounge was great. My needs were anticipated and often met with above and beyond responses. After just one night there the staff was calling me by name. It was insane.
The rooms were clean and modern. Very comfortable and clean beds. Fantastic views from the balcony.
I have been in the service industry for almost a decade and, honestly, the Radisson Blu Aqua Hotel was the most wonderful service I have ever seen. It just doesn't get better. Bravo on all levels to all of the staff.

Room Tip: Business class is the way to go, the business lounge that you gain access to is great. Upgrade to Ki...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Radissonbluaqua, General Manager at Radisson Blu Aqua Hotel, responded to this review, March 12, 2013
I cannot thank you enough for your review or kind words about our team. I am honored that everyone was accommodating and anticipated your needs. I hope that we see you again on your next trip to Chicago.

Pierre-Louis Giacotto

Been to Radisson Blu Aqua Hotel? Share your experiences!