“Nice hotel” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #7 of 174 Hotels in Chicago
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
“Nice hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

Stayed for a long weekend. Rooms were clean and comfortable. Had a nice bar, but would have appreciated a fridge instead. Nice walk in shower too. Would stay here again. Parking is expensive. Currently $43 per day. Checking staff was very nice.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Radissonbluaqua, General Manager at Radisson Blu Aqua Hotel, responded to this review, February 26, 2013
Thank you for leaving us a review! I am happy that you enjoyed your overall experience at the hotel and that you were so comfortable in your room. I would, however, like to apologize that you were not aware of the cost of parking. I assure you, we work diligently with our parking company to ensure rates that are less than or equal to our competitors. I am truly sorry for any disappointment this caused for you.

Pierre-Louis Giacotto

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (515)
  • Turkish first
minnetonka. minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

We had no idea the hotel was this outstanding. Architecturally, it's beautiful. The lobby, main restaurant and bar, are all gorgeous. Our room - #1802 - was large with a corner-wrapping balcony that gave us a spectacular view. The location is perfect if you plan on visiting the Art Institute - it's a ten-minute walk that takes you through Millennium Park.
A few tips: Some hotels offer a business class level with complimentary breakfast and a glass of wine in the evening, and often it's disappointing. The Aqua really delivers, consider upgrading to use this feature. Also, we generally bypass hotel restaurants and explore the city we're visiting.
Filini was outstanding. Great food, great service.

Room Tip: Go for a room above the 14th floor with a corner-wrapping balcony.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
I can't thank you enough for your review! I am thrilled that you enjoyed not only your experience at the hotel, but also in the Business Class Lounge and Filini Restaurant. I am also happy that our location was ideal for your needs. I hope to see you again on your next trip to Chicago; thanks again!

Saint Louis, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

We absolutely loved our stay at the Radisson Blu. The staff was excellent and the bar was so much fun. It was a snowy wedding weekend, we loved the hotel so much, even just sitting in the lobby people watching, we didn't stray far. The reception was held there and was exquisite. We had a mini tour of the lobby and many unusual design elements were pointed out. Having studied architecture and having an architect daughter, I really appreciated all the amazing detail. We will definitely stay there again and at any Radisson Blu wherever we travel.

Room Tip: Book one with a balcony.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Thank you for your comments! I am honored that the wedding went so well and that you plan to return to our hotel in the future. I am also happy that some of the architecture was pointed out to you during your stay! I look forward to seeing you again soon!

Rotherham
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

We stayed five nights 15 to 20 Feb. The hotel is just a block away from the Magnificent Mile. Everything was perfect - our room was very moden and kept spotlessly clean with an amazing bathroom. The gym is very well equiped and the hotel has a lovely pool too. All the staff we encountered were really friendly. Special thanks to Ashlee in the bar who was so lovely.

Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your review. I am happy that you enjoyed your experience at the hotel and that the pool and gym were perfect for your needs! I will share your compliments with Ashlee! I hope we see you again soon!

Hartford, Connecticut
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2013

this was my second stay at a radisson blu hotel (my first being Paris in 2012). as with the paris hotel i was very impressed. I feel the Chicago hotel is a particularly good value. The room was excellent. it was large, well appointed clean, very stylsih and modern with out being trendy or cold. For my tastes it was quite calmining and relaxing. The bathroom was fantatic and i loved having an accessible balcony. In addtion the the fitness facilties are outstanding, probably the best i have seen of any hotel in a large city ( i.e. non- resort hotel).

Because my stay was short and was entirely business related it was difficult to tell how centrally located it was, but for my purposes it worked out well. The restaurants we had to visit were less than 10 min cab rides.

On the topic of food, i also enjoyed some small bites to eat at fillini the hotel's restaurant. I was perfectly pleased with the qualty and pricing of their food.

two notes:
1 - as mention in my tip there is a fire station near the hotel. so if you are light sleeper request a higher floor
2- how the heating/a/c vent was postioned in my room, in aclove facing a wall 3 ft away, it did not allow for speedy effecient air circulation/ temp change. Do not misunderstand it fuction perfectyly well but i feel if the vent was actually faced the open space of the room, temp changes would happen much more quickly

In any event, i have no hestitation recommend the radisson blu.

Room Tip: there is fire station near by so if you are light sleeper request a higher room
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Radissonbluaqua, General Manager at Radisson Blu Aqua Hotel, responded to this review, February 25, 2013
Thank you for leaving us a review! I could not be happier that you enjoyed both our property and the Radisson Blu in Paris. I am also happy that the fitness center, location and room design were perfect for your needs. I look forward to welcoming you back soon!

DALLAS
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2013

We arrived after midnight because of Amtrak delays. The staff and service were wonderful. The room was very contemporary and had a great view. The lobby was beautiful too with the long, long fireplace. Our visit was short but we still enjoyed it very much.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your review! I could not be happier that you had such a great stay or that our team was helpful accommodating your late arrival. I hope we see you again soon!

Glasgow, Kentucky
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2013

I just spent a wonderful weekend in Chicago at the Radisson Blu Aqua Hotel located on Columbus Drive a block away from Magnificent Mile. The accommodations were outstanding in the business class. Service was wonderful and the staff were a real pleasure. The business class lounge on the 17th floor was well equipped and refreshments were complimentary....well worth the extra $. The doormen were attentive and professional....some of the best I have witnessed in Chicago on previous visits. I had a Monday meeting that took me into the early afternoon hours and they granted me a late checkout as I had family members with me on my trip. Will be staying here when I return to Chicago in the future. Oh yeah, the GYM was superb! Mark ..... Glasgow, KY

Room Tip: I stayed in room 1702 which was an excellent corner room with views of Chicago River and even a glan...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Radissonbluaqua, General Manager at Radisson Blu Aqua Hotel, responded to this review, February 21, 2013
Thank you for your review! I could not be more pleased that you enjoyed your experience with us and that our location and amenities exceeded your expectations. I will be sure to share your compliments with our team! I hope we see you again on your next trip to Chicago!

Pierre-Louis Giacotto

Been to Radisson Blu Aqua Hotel? Share your experiences!