“Modern, Contemporary with comfort” 5 of 5 stars

Enjoy Savings of 15%
Ranked #7 of 174 Hotels in Chicago
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Atlanta, Georgia
“Modern, Contemporary with comfort”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2013

My trip was for a business convention. The hotel is a new or remodeled property with a very contemporary design. I understand the property is a hotel/residence.

My room had blonde hardwood floors, stark white bathroom with nice, bright lighting, separate shower/tub with a rain shower head. The door to the bathroom is a sliding door so they maximized the space.

Traveling for business, I like to have a nice work space. My desk was also the space to house the television, so I would have preferred to have a separate space where I could spread out. I was on the 9th floor and had a nice, airy view of the city which was pleasant to awaken in my view.

The bed was very cozy and had little night reading lights on either side, as to not disturb a bed mate. Nice touch!

For the meeting space, I would have liked to see better service for the breakfast servicing for our group (refilling beverages, not having to remind staff 3 times to bring lemons, etc.), would have liked to have the waters refilled more frequently at the tables in the large conference room and also in the breakouts.

Location is not bad. Still will want to take a taxi to the "downtown Chicago scene" in winter months. Probably an easy walk in the summer. Overall nice property to stay, but could use a bit of refining on the meeting service. I would come back!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Radissonbluaqua, General Manager at Radisson Blu Aqua Hotel, responded to this review, February 15, 2013
Thank you for your review. I am happy that you liked the room and view. I am also happy that you liked the design and overall feel of the hotel. I would, however, like to apologize that the breakfast service was slow in refilling beverages and meeting requests. I am addressing your comments and am truly sorry for any disappointment we caused for you. I look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Pierre-Louis Giacotto

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (510)
  • Turkish first
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2013

We stayed at Radisson Blu Aqua Hotel on the New Year's Eve. We had two rooms, one for my wife and I and the other for our friends.

We had pretty good time celebrating the new year's eve here - they turned the lobby in to a dance floor with an awesome DJ!

Pros:
Beautiful property.
Very clean and 'rich'.
Very easy check-in.
Nice amenities.
Stylish modern rooms.
Big and clean bathrooms.
Awesome room service.
Nice restaurant/bar on property.
Close proximity to the Magnificient Mile.
Across from Aon Center and Microsoft building.
Very courteous, polite and helpful staff.

Cons:
Parking - expensive (though not different from rest of the hotel properties around there. After all, it is Chi downtown!)

Room Tip: Ask them while booking to stay on higher floors and pick if you want city view or lake view. Lake vi...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
Thank you for spending New Year's Eve with us! I am happy that you had an enjoyable experience! I hope that we see you again on your next trip to Chicago!

Oak Park, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2013

This is my wife's favorite building in the City. This past weekend, I took her to Blue Aqua for a weekend getaway to celebrate her birthday. When we first walked in, I very impressed. The hotel is very tendy and modern. The customer sevice was excellent and the rooms were classy and nice. I also liked that this is a green hotel with a rooftop park.

We had a bottle of wine late night at the bar. The bar area is pretty swank. You can have a drink at the bar, in lounge chairs up above, or next to a modern fireplace. Very cool. This is one trendiest places we have stayed in. It is right across from Millenium Park, and a little bit of a walk to the Mag Mile. The hotel is so cool, and the staff are so friendly, we will definately be making reservations at this hotel in the future. If you like modern architecture and a hotel with classy, modern designed accomodations that also provides exceptional customer service, this is the hotel for you.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Radissonbluaqua, General Manager at Radisson Blu Aqua Hotel, responded to this review, February 12, 2013
Thank you for your review. I am happy that you had a great experience celebrating your wife's birthday! I could not be more honored that you spent such a special occasion with us! I look forward to seeing you again soon!

cherijcbs@yahoo.com
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2013

We had a wonderful stay at Radisson Blu Aqua hotel for 3 days in January. The hotel is calm and cool with a modern vibe. Close to everything with an extremely friendly staff. Check out the bar in the hotel and ask for Laura she was great and the food was excellent!! We loved the room decor espeially the bathroom and the shower and had a romantic stay! We are planning our next trip in June!!

Room Tip: Ask for upper level room on the opposite side of where the fire station is!
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Radissonbluaqua, General Manager at Radisson Blu Aqua Hotel, responded to this review, February 11, 2013
Thank you for leaving us a review. I could not be happier that you had such an enjoyable stay and that Laura was so helpful while dining in Filini. I will be sure to share your compliments with her. I look forward to your return in June! Thanks again!

5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2013 via mobile

Our stay was great and I wouldn't stay anywhere other then the Radisson Blue Aqua Hotel when in Chicago. The rooms were gorgeous and so modern. The bar area had an awesome vibe, and couches in the lobby in front of the fire place were so comfortable and relaxing. We love this hotel, really easy to navigate the city. Had a wonderful experience.

• Stayed February 2013
Thank you for your review! I am thrilled that we are your new hotel of choice and that you had such a great stay with us! We look forward to seeing you again soon!

Bethlehem, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2013

Stayed here for three days. Very modern and cool property. Prices reasonable for a downtown Chicago hotel. The room was nice (check out the huge rainfall shower). My flight was cancelled due to winter storm to a night flight. They allowed me to check out at 5 pm (these hotels offer late check-out based on availability), very convenient.

Yes, next to a fire house and sometimes you can hear sirens but it is not bad at all.

Would definitely recommend this hotel!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for your review. I am happy that our team was helpful when your flight was delayed and that the late checkout was a positive ending to your stay. I hope that we see you again on your next trip to Chicago!

Milwaukee, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2013

Hotel was beautiful and high-class with excellent customer service! My husband and I stayed two nights this past weekend and didn't even care to leave the hotel (even though we did--can't leave Chicago without shopping on MI Ave). We had a relaxing winter get-a-away. We ate at Fillini and had a wonderful, romantic dinner. Then we hung out at the hotel bar among friendly staff. The next morning we had a delicious breakfast delivered to our room, then we went to the sauna. The indoor pool is a lap pool, so we didn't swim because we just weren't interested in that. We got out a bit to see the outside but couldn't wait to get back to the room to have an evening picnic and watch a movie. There's an upscale grocery store close by that has everything and anything you would need. The only thing we wished the room had was a refrigerator. Looking forward to going back and already made reservations!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Radissonbluaqua, General Manager at Radisson Blu Aqua Hotel, responded to this review, February 6, 2013
Thank you for your review. I am happy that you had such an enjoyable experience with us and that your room was so comfortable you didn't want to leave. I am thrilled that you have already booked another stay, and we look forward to welcoming your back! Thanks again!

Pierre-Louis Giacotto

Been to Radisson Blu Aqua Hotel? Share your experiences!