“Great Hotel Great City” 5 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersPlatinum level
cherijcbs@yahoo.com
“Great Hotel Great City”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2013

We had a wonderful stay at Radisson Blu Aqua hotel for 3 days in January. The hotel is calm and cool with a modern vibe. Close to everything with an extremely friendly staff. Check out the bar in the hotel and ask for Laura she was great and the food was excellent!! We loved the room decor espeially the bathroom and the shower and had a romantic stay! We are planning our next trip in June!!

Room Tip: Ask for upper level room on the opposite side of where the fire station is!
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Radissonbluaqua, General Manager at Radisson Blu Aqua Hotel, responded to this review, February 11, 2013
Thank you for leaving us a review. I could not be happier that you had such an enjoyable stay and that Laura was so helpful while dining in Filini. I will be sure to share your compliments with her. I look forward to your return in June! Thanks again!

1,191 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (391)
  • Turkish first
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2013 via mobile

Our stay was great and I wouldn't stay anywhere other then the Radisson Blue Aqua Hotel when in Chicago. The rooms were gorgeous and so modern. The bar area had an awesome vibe, and couches in the lobby in front of the fire place were so comfortable and relaxing. We love this hotel, really easy to navigate the city. Had a wonderful experience.

• Stayed February 2013
Thank you for your review! I am thrilled that we are your new hotel of choice and that you had such a great stay with us! We look forward to seeing you again soon!

Bethlehem, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2013

Stayed here for three days. Very modern and cool property. Prices reasonable for a downtown Chicago hotel. The room was nice (check out the huge rainfall shower). My flight was cancelled due to winter storm to a night flight. They allowed me to check out at 5 pm (these hotels offer late check-out based on availability), very convenient.

Yes, next to a fire house and sometimes you can hear sirens but it is not bad at all.

Would definitely recommend this hotel!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for your review. I am happy that our team was helpful when your flight was delayed and that the late checkout was a positive ending to your stay. I hope that we see you again on your next trip to Chicago!

Milwaukee, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2013

Hotel was beautiful and high-class with excellent customer service! My husband and I stayed two nights this past weekend and didn't even care to leave the hotel (even though we did--can't leave Chicago without shopping on MI Ave). We had a relaxing winter get-a-away. We ate at Fillini and had a wonderful, romantic dinner. Then we hung out at the hotel bar among friendly staff. The next morning we had a delicious breakfast delivered to our room, then we went to the sauna. The indoor pool is a lap pool, so we didn't swim because we just weren't interested in that. We got out a bit to see the outside but couldn't wait to get back to the room to have an evening picnic and watch a movie. There's an upscale grocery store close by that has everything and anything you would need. The only thing we wished the room had was a refrigerator. Looking forward to going back and already made reservations!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Radissonbluaqua, General Manager at Radisson Blu Aqua Hotel, responded to this review, February 6, 2013
Thank you for your review. I am happy that you had such an enjoyable experience with us and that your room was so comfortable you didn't want to leave. I am thrilled that you have already booked another stay, and we look forward to welcoming your back! Thanks again!

WI
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2013

My husband and I stayed at the Radisson Blu for a weekend away and we loved it. We are loyal Starwood members, but we wanted to try something new.
This hotel did not disappoint. It's beautiful, clean, the service is friendly and helpful.
The room was spotless, smelled wonderful, the bed was comfortable (they DO not, thankfully, have those sleep number beds) and we loved the shower. The location is perfect, right off of MI Ave and close to Millennium Park.
Public areas of the hotel were gorgeous, clean and very inviting.
We will be back and we would feel very comfortable having our 2 children with us as well.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your wonderful review! I am truly honored that you had such a great stay and that your room was so comfortable. I hope we welcome you and your family back again soon!.

Stroud, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2013

Fantastic hotel where the satff were helpful and informative. Great recetionist on check in and teh doorman was a real star. Food and restaurant very good and stylish. Room very clean and enough space with a good vire.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for your review! I am happy that you had such a great stay and that our team was so helpful and engaging! I will share your compliments with each of them! I hope to welcome you back again soon!

century city
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2013

I read such excellent reviews about the staff of the sales and catering dept at Blu Aqua that I was shocked and saddened that I had a series of negative experiences with them when I was trying to schedule a time to see the ballrooms as a potential venue for our wedding.

Despite weeks of e-mails and phone calls NO ONE bothered to call us back to schedule a visit. Moreover, when we did arrive (did I mentioned we flew out from Los Angeles) and there was still no word on whether or not a staff member could show us the ballrooms, we were told that "if we still wanted to see the place someone could unlock the rooms."

"Unlock the rooms," despite the fact that we flew from LA, e-mailed for two weeks and called, no one on the staff could be bothered to meet with us. Seeing as weddings are such huge revenue generators, that's a bold move in this economy.

Once again, while I respect the fact that others had great experiences, based on my interactions, my impression the hotel's sales and catering staff is that they are disorganized, disinterested and cavalier.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. As we have discussed, I am truly sorry that there was a delay in communication with our team and that we were unable to accommodate you during your requested site time. I am sharing your concerns with our team so that a similar situation does not occur in the future, and I am truly sorry that you received a poor impression of us. I wish you the best of luck with your wedding planning, and I hope that you will reconsider returning in the future.

Pierre-Louis Giacotto

Been to Radisson Blu Aqua Hotel? Share your experiences!