“Recommend the hotel but not the restaurant.” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Radisson Blu Aqua Hotel

You added Radisson Blu Aqua Hotel to your Saves list
Radisson Blu Aqua Hotel
4.5 of 5 Hotel   |   221 N. Columbus Drive, Chicago, IL 60601 (Downtown / The Loop)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Enjoy Savings of 15%
Ranked #9 of 178 Hotels in Chicago
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Plainfield, Indiana
“Recommend the hotel but not the restaurant.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

Stayed over a weekend. All staff were very friendly. Fireplace in lobby is beautiful and provides nice place to meet colleagues for conversation. Room was small but nicely furnished. Bathroom was lovely with great shower. Good location for walking to sites in all directions from the hotel. View of the lake and Navy Pier from the room was bonus. Would certainly stay again.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Radissonbluaqua, General Manager at Radisson Blu Aqua Hotel, responded to this review, January 24, 2013
Thank you for leaving us a review! I could not be happier that you enjoyed your time at the hotel and the lobby fireplace. I would like to apologize that your experience at the restaurant was not as positive. I am sorry for any disappointment we caused for you.

Pierre-Louis Giacotto

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (603)
  • Turkish first
Grand Rapids, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

Although the size of my room wasn't all that spectacular, the overall feeling was wonderful. The beds, linens, bathroom, view... were all great. Very quiet for being downtown. Great location. We walked everywhere. We were a block away from "the bean", a few blocks to Michigan Ave. and all the shops. Once @ the hotel, we never took our car out, so if you can get there via taxi, you'll save the absurd parking fee. I wish I could have found a closer coffee place. 3 blocks is a long way in the winter ;) We did not eat or go to the bar here. Too busy exploring.

Room Tip: My Rellies had a NW facing corner room for the same price as ours on the side. It was huge and had a...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
Thank you for leaving us a review! I could not be happier that you enjoyed your time at the hotel or that you loved our location. I would, however, like to apologize that you were not aware of our coffee service. We do have a full service barista in the restaurant daily. I am truly sorry for any disappointment this caused for you.

Yorba Linda, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2013 via mobile

i travel to chicago alot and wanted to try something different and this hotel exceeded my expectations. the hotel was very cool and beautiful from the moment i walked in the lobby. the room was very nice and the beds were very comfortable and the linens were top notch not that rough crap you get at some hotels. the balcony was a nice addition just wish it wasn't dead of winter to use it. but sliding door to balcony came in handy many times fo fresh air after working out in the gym. the gym is above and beyond any gym i have seen at a hotel with so much eqpt and a half court for basketball. this hotel is right next to Millienum park and a very short walk to michigan ave and restauraunts.

Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Radissonbluaqua, General Manager at Radisson Blu Aqua Hotel, responded to this review, January 23, 2013
Thank you for your review! I could not be happier to see that you had such an enjoyable stay or that you were able to take advantage of our gym and balconies. I hope that we see you again on your next trip to the city!

Lee's Summit, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2013

Beautiful hotel conveniently just a block off Michigan Avenue. 3 Starbucks stores within walking distance. A couple of blocks from many restaurants and shopping including Nordstrom. Valet parking is the only complaint I have. It was $53 per day. Absolutely absurd. Room service and the restaurant in the hotel are both pricy. $25pp for the rather limited breakfast buffet.

Room Tip: All the rooms are new (December 2011) but of special interest are those on the highest floors of the...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for your comments. I am happy that you had a fantastic stay with us and enjoyed the location of the hotel! I would, however, like to apologize that you were not aware of the cost of parking. I assure you, we work diligently with our parking company to ensure rates that are less than or equal to our competitors. I am truly sorry for any disappointment this caused for you. I hope that we see you again on your next trip to Chicago!

Chicago
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2013

This is a sleek modern hotel designed by the amazing Jeannie Gang. I was only there for one night stay for a conference but the service and the staff were excellent. The facilities were well maintained and the room was beautiful. What stood out was the outstanding food served at the evening reception and the morning breakfast. Not what one would expect for such a large gathering. Michigan Avenue is a short walk and there are tons of great restaurants and things to do within walking distance.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Radissonbluaqua, General Manager at Radisson Blu Aqua Hotel, responded to this review, January 22, 2013
Thank you for your review! I could not be happier that you enjoyed your stay with us or that your conference went so well. I have shared your compliments with our entire team including our Chef. I hope that we see you back at the hotel soon.

Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2013

My friend and I stayed at the Radisson Blu Aqua back in December as part of a weekend getaway trip and had a memorable experience. The hotel is located just south of the river, which makes it close to all the shopping and site seeing, without being too congested with travellers. It is only a 5-10 min walk to Millennium Park and about 15 min away from the Art Institute of Chicago. However, note that the hotel is located next to a fire station and every time the trucks were called out, it was audible from the rooms - and we stayed on the 15th floor.

The double queen room we stayed in was spacious and comfortable. We had a balcony that has partial view of Navy Pier. My friend managed to catch a part of their fireworks display while we were there. The bathroom was equally spacious and modern with a large rain shower head. I particularly liked their use of sliding doors which made the layout more functional.

Both nights we stayed at the hotel we visited the Filini bar and had great service. We enjoyed the low light ambiance and the fact that it wasn't crowded - even on a weekend. The only vice about the bar would be the deserts - I recommend skipping them as the three items we tried during the 2 visits were far from memorable. We also had breakfast at the Filini restaurant and service once again was top notch, along with the food.

We didn't get to use the amenities while we were there as we were only in town for the weekend, however we did manage to check out the basketball court and gym - great features of this hotel. All in all a great stay and will definitely stay again next time I'm in town.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
Thank you for your comments and review. I could not be happier that you had a memorable experience with us or that you enjoyed our restaurant and bar. I hope that we have the opportunity to welcome you back soon!

5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2013

Stayed here for a 10 day trip and I hav to say loved it. Lovely rooms and da beds were like clouds... Loved the way Dere was hallway in our room before u came to the main bedroom.. The bathroom was big and loved the big deep tub. The staff were really heplfull and anything we needed they were able to help us with. Breakfast is a little expensive in da hotel but there is a few nice places with in walking distance like wildberry pancakes and the corner bakery. It's also really good location just a few minutes from the mile.. The cvs attached to the hotel comes in handy if u need anything and it's open till 12. Would recommend this hotel to anyone heading to Chicago.

• Stayed January 2013
Thank you for your review! I could not be happier that you had such an enjoyable stay or that our location was perfect for your needs. I hope we see you again soon!