“Home Away From Home” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Radisson Blu Aqua Hotel

You added Radisson Blu Aqua Hotel to your Saves list
Radisson Blu Aqua Hotel
4.5 of 5 Hotel   |   221 N. Columbus Drive, Chicago, IL 60601 (Downtown / The Loop)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Enjoy Savings of 15%
Ranked #9 of 178 Hotels in Chicago
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
DETROIT
“Home Away From Home”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2013

As soon as you're welcomed by the Bell Hops (who remembers you from the last stay) you know you're home. Natasha and all on the Front Desk Personnel always has a smile and willing to help. I've stayed here 4 times since their opening in 2011, (2) Standard Rooms (which aren't Standard), Corner Suite (Amazing) and Business Class (Equally Amazing) on 17th Floor this last time. I had an awesome time prior to dinner conversing with Camila, Lindsay & Robert and a family that were guests as well in the Lounge (Beer, Wind, Water, Cookies, Popcorn & Pretzels) . Only recommendation that I would have is to add a Charcuterie Plate for the Wine offered. If you're still up in the air about the Radisson Blu just put it this way, I'm already booked for Good Friday.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
Radissonbluaqua, General Manager at Radisson Blu Aqua Hotel, responded to this review, January 3, 2013
Thank you for your review and for always choosing us as your home away from home here in the city! We are thrilled that you continue to have great stays with us and very much appreciate you sharing your experiences on Trip Advisor! I have also shared your compliments with Natasha, Camilla, Lindsey and Robert. Everyone was honored to be mentioned by name! We look forward to seeing you soon!

Pierre-Louis Giacotto

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (601)
  • Turkish first
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2013 via mobile

I never write reviews but felt that i should for this stay. I booked a weekend trip for our anniversary. I wanted a hotel close to the downtown loop. It was a great location a block away from millennium park, walking distance to Michigan avenue and navy pier.

Booked everything through hotels website which had best price and offered eStandby upgrades. For $10 got a park view upgrade and another $30 was able to get early check in. At the desk they also upgraded to access to the business lounge which offered drinks and a continental breakfast. The whole website and check in experience could not have been smoother. Room was very clean and modern. Beds were comfortable and the bathroom was awesome. We were also able to check our bags after checkout while we went shopping

The hotel and staff made our trip very relaxing and would stay there again when visiting Chicago.

• Stayed December 2012
Happy Anniversary! I am thrilled that you had such a wonderful visit and that you took the time to share your experience with others! We are truly honored that you spent your anniversary weekend with us. I hope we see you again on your next trip to Chicago!

chicago
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2013

a work of art inside and out incredibly well thought out design
outside garden and paths with shrubs herbs bring a touch of calm- this is used as a running track and pool area in warmer months- lap pool with secluded resting areas and natural light steam bath suana whirlpool great fitness area lounge and reading areas
rooms with light and rainbows created by glass marble

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your review! I could not be happier that you had such a great stay or that you were able to utilize our outdoor walking path. I look forward to welcoming you back soon!

Happy New Year!

Madison, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2012

I booked two rooms for one night as we were meeting relatives for a play and dinner. I wanted to try a new hotel and this was suggested. The staff was very informatve and accomodating. The wait staff at the restaraunt and bar were as well. I was pleased with the room although the "blue" rooms did not have a bathtub while the "white" rooms did. Parking was convenient although expensive as all seem to be in Chicago. I parked 23 hours for $43 and my relative 25 hours and charged $62. Other prices were in line with what you would expect. CVS pharmacy adjacent. We would definitely stay again but choose a "white" room over "blue".

Room Tip: Ask if your room has a bathtub if you anticipate using one. Not all do.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Radissonbluaqua, General Manager at Radisson Blu Aqua Hotel, responded to this review, January 2, 2013
Thank you for leaving us a review. I am happy that you enjoyed your experience with us and that our team was helpful throughout your stay. I would, however, like to apologize that the room features were not better explained and that you were unaware of the cost of parking. I assure you, we work diligently with both our valet parking company and the self-parking garage to ensure rates that are less than or equal to our competitors. I am truly sorry for any inconvenience this caused. I look forward to welcoming you back soon!

Kansas City, Missouri, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2012

The hotel is awesome, by far the best place I've stayed in Chicago - I will be staying there again. My only issue was that you can't take things out of the mini-fridge without being charged for them(some kind of electronic tracking system - even if you put them back you still get charged). You have to request an additional mini-fridge that they'll bring up for an additional $10/night if you have anything you want to keep cool or refrigerate. For how classy the hotel is, this didn't make a whole lot of sense to me, more of a Best Western style of cheap than what I'd expect from a place like this.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Radissonbluaqua, General Manager at Radisson Blu Aqua Hotel, responded to this review, December 31, 2012
Thank you for leaving us a review. I am happy that you enjoyed your overall experience at the hotel, but I would like to apologize that you did not enjoy the minibar system. We do have an automated system to allow us to promptly refill as needed for your conveneince. I am truly sorry that this was not ideal for your needs. I hope to welcome you back soon!

Happy New Year!

4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2012

We have stayed several places in Chicago and this hotel was a great deal for a pretty great location. Love the finishes, the cleanliness, and the overall look. The lobby was exquisite, but the room itself and accommodations left a bit to be desired.

Pros: Great value. For this, I would have expected to pay more. Love the complimentary water in the room (silly, but the thought of having to typically leave the room or pay $5 for bottled water annoys me every time i stay somewhere--the small things matter). I had a delivery scheduled prior to my arrival and the concierge staff was excellent. My package was waiting in my room when I arrived. I also had to inquire about the charges on my credit card upon check-in and the woman in guest services was extremely friendly and explained that a $75/night hold was placed on my card (in addition to regular room charges) as a deposit. Personally, I think this should be explained before the charges are posted to the account, but they were refunded to my card upon checkout.

Cons: When making these reservations, I requested a room with hardwood floors and was informed that I could only "request" a room with these specifications. Upon check-in, we were given a room with blue carpet (truly the only finish in this entire hotel i did not like). Luckily, the guest rooms are somewhat smaller than average and the carpet was not overwhelming.

With the exception of this, a burned out light bulb in the bathroom, and a wash cloth with traces of mascara on it, I must say I enjoyed this hotel and would not shutter to think I had to stay there again (although it will not be my first choice when I return in a few months).

• Stayed December 2012
Thank you for leaving us a review. I am truly sorry that the room design you requested was not available during your stay. I assure you, we do our best to honor each request and I am truly sorry for any disappointment this caused. I also apologize that there was a stained washcloth and a burnt out light bulb. On a happier note, I am glad the location was perfect for your needs and that you enjoyed your stay. I hope that you will reconsider making us your first choice for your next visit to Chicago.

Toronto, ON
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2012 via mobile

The hotel is no more than 2 years old. Decor is really trendy - makes for lots of good photos. Room is also very simple and sleek. They gave us a free upgrade to a corner room on the 16th floor. That's the biggest perk I ever received at any hotel. :) :) The gym is also the biggest I ever seen in a hotel. There is a indoor outdoor pool, and a game room with a pool table. Overall, amazing experience. Restaurant was also great. Although we didn't have dinner there, we had a lava cake there and it was amazing. The location is not the best though. It does take 12 minutes to walk to the closest metro station.

• Stayed December 2012
Thank you for your review! I could not be happier that you enjoyed your stay and that we were able to accommodate an upgrade! I am also glad that you were able to utilize the gym. We look forward to welcoming you back soon!