“Wonderful Chicago Experience!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Radisson Blu Aqua Hotel

You added Radisson Blu Aqua Hotel to your Saves list
Radisson Blu Aqua Hotel
4.5 of 5 Hotel   |   221 N. Columbus Drive, Chicago, IL 60601 (Downtown / The Loop)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Enjoy Savings of 15%
Ranked #9 of 178 Hotels in Chicago
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Lowell, Indiana
“Wonderful Chicago Experience!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2012

Our annual Chicago holiday shopping trip was totally enhanced by our stay at the awesome Radisson Blu Agua! Once we parked conveniently under the hotel, checked in with ease and entered our room, we didn't want to leave! The upgraded room had a beautiful view from the 14th floor balcony. The contemporary design was impressive, as was the pool and hot tub area. and especially the very gracious staff. We will definitely make a return visit to this property! Great location! Next time we will have to try the restaurant inside the lobby.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
Radissonbluaqua, General Manager at Radisson Blu Aqua Hotel, responded to this review, December 28, 2012
Thank you for your review! I am happy that our location and amenities enhanced your shopping weekend! I am also glad that you enjoyed your room and view! We look forward to welcoming you back soon!

Happy New Year!

Pierre-Louis Giacotto

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (601)
  • Turkish first
Cape Town Central, South Africa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2012

Tha Radisson Hotel in Chicago is a fantastic hotel in the heart of the city. The staff are very helpful and friendly, the rooms are very large and have everything you would expect of a 5 star hotel, and the breakfat was excellent. The beds are so comfortable, I almost slept through christmas. I can't praise this hotel enough.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your review! I am honored that you had such a wonderful and relaxing stay! I have shared your compliments with our team, and we look forward to welcoming your back again soon!

Happy New Year!

Cincinnati, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2012

Lovely hotel in the new eastside of Chicago's loop. The rooms have a European vibe with modern decor. Room service was excellent, as well as the hotel bar. We had a few issues with the thermostat - once it reached the set temperature, it turned off and the room turned into an oven. Additionally, housekeeping came knocking on our departure morning at 9am. Be sure to pay extra for a room with a view - we only had a "city view" and looked out at other buildings. Overall, great staff, great service, great hotel. Will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
Thank you for your review! I am happy that you enjoyed your experience with us and that you plan to return again in the future! I would, however, like to apologize that the thermostat did not work properly and that you were interupted the morning of your departure. I am truly sorry for any inconvenience or disappointment this caused. We look forward to seeing you again soon!

5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2012

This is my favorite hotel in Chicago. It is a star in the skyline of Chicago. Designed by famed female architect Jeanne Gang it is a point of pride in Chicago. Imagine staying in this innovative space & then exploring its amazing features as completely as any landmark site in the world. You can take a Chicago Architectural tour of Aqua & the new East Side or make a visit to the Art Institute (two blocks away) through February to see the exhibit & brilliance of the Gang Studio. You can also visit other outstanding projects in Chicago designed by Gang.
Aqua's Location is perfect for access to Lake Michigan, Chicago River, Navy Pier, Milenium Park, & famed museums, State Street & Michigan Avenue. The views are amazing & if the weather is bad you can connect with the underground Chicago Pedways.

Allow yourself time to enjoy this building. The rooms are clean, sleek & a model of efficiency.You will be amazed by the use of space & the bathroom design enhanced by green glass sliding doors. The bedding is lush & super comfy.

Head down to the lobby & have a drink near the fireplace in Filini's or gather a group of friends and have cocktails in the enormous bar / Italian restaurant.

Radisson Blu offers some good rates & special deals periodically. I recommend you grab the opportunity of Aqua. It will not disappoint.

• Stayed December 2012
I can't thank you enough for your review! I am truly thrilled that you had such an enjoyable stay and that you were able to enjoy the design and architecture of our building. I am happy that you were also able to take advantage of many of the tours and museums that Chicago has available. We look forward to welcoming you back soon!

Wheaton, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 24, 2012

My wife and I stayed at this hotel for the weekend just to get away and spend some time in the city. We had a great experience all around, the hotel is beautiful. The lobby is great, the staff was very helpful all throughout our stay even sharing connections they have about the city we are from. They also helped hold our bag after checkout and there were no problems even though I lost the bag claim tag.
The room was very modern and clean, we loved it though perhaps a tad on the small side. Though there is a firehouse next door I did not hear it at night, though my wife says that she did.
The location of the hotel is great, we walked everywhere even though it was December, to the Kindlemarket, Macy's, dinner on State street, etc.
The hotel has a lot of great additions, workout room, basketball court, pool etc. Our only suggestion is to have a free breakfast for guests. Who doesn't love that?

Room Tip: We stayed in the king room, city view
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Radissonbluaqua, General Manager at Radisson Blu Aqua Hotel, responded to this review, December 26, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience! I am thrilled that you had a wonderful holiday with us and that you were able to walk to all of Chicago's attractions! I am also glad that our team was helpful throughout your stay! We do offer several packages that include breakfast service, and hope that we see you again soon!

Davenport, Iowa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2012

Our first stay at the Radisson Blu Aqua in Chicago started with the realization that I had accidentally cancelled our reservation. Chantal at the front desk was friendly and reassuring while she found another room for us. She even provided drink tickets so that we could wait in the bar, although she resolved everything so quickly they really weren't necessary. Bob, the hotel doorman, recommended the fantastic Wildberry restaurant, a short walk away, for breakfast in the morning. (If you go, try their signature pancakes.) He also chatted with us amiably while we waited for our van from valet parking when we later checked out. Everywhere we went in the hotel, we were greeted by friendly, professional staff who seemed genuinely happy to help us.

The room was modern in decor with one of the most comfortable beds I have ever had the pleasure to sleep upon. I was very happy to see eco-friendly features, such as the dual flush toilet and motion-sensor lighting. The bathroom amenities were very nice and I hope to model the shower for my next master bath after this one.

The hotel location worked great for us, and we walked everywhere. Michigan Avenue was just a few blocks away. We had tickets for a taping of "Wait! Wait! Don't Tell Me!" at Chase Auditorium and we enjoyed taking in the sights, sounds and people on the walk there.

My husband ran on Lakeshore Drive, but I stayed indoors at the health club - a huge facility with a wide variety of equipment. While I enjoyed my run, opting to people watch out the glass front rather than turning on my treadmill TV, next time I hope to use the outdoor running track that is also available.

All in all, a great trip made even better by the quality of the hotel and the great care provided by its staff. We will definitely stay at the Blu Aqua again.

Room Tip: Upper floors provide more view - Millenium Park is off to one side. We were able to see Lake Michiga...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Radissonbluaqua, General Manager at Radisson Blu Aqua Hotel, responded to this review, December 20, 2012
Thank you for your review! I could not be happier that Chantal, Bob and all of our team helped make your stay exceptional. I am thrilled that you and your husband were both able to have your workout of choice and that our location was perfect for your needs. We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel soon!

Naperville, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2012

This hotel is very nice but it really isn't in the "heart" of Chicago. Chicago's loop is a few blocks away and there are very few restaurants within 1/2 mile of it (except for other hotel restaurants). However cabs are easy to come by with a staff person always on duty to hail one. Our standard room not large but very comfortable--one padded office chair and one easy chair. We were warned not to touch anything in the refrigerator (used only to sell items--not for personal use) as a sensor would register a charge. If you want a personal one there is a $10 daily charge. Had breakfast at Filini in the hotel and excellent food and service.Concierge service courteous and helpful. Health club is the best I've seen for a hotel--lots of exercise bikes, machines, free weights and even a small basketball court for shooting (not games). Only a little over a year old and room and bath immaculate. There is a CVS pharmacy next door open to midnight. Very quiet room.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Radissonbluaqua, General Manager at Radisson Blu Aqua Hotel, responded to this review, December 14, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to meet with us. I am happy you enjoyed your experience at the hotel and were able to utilize our fitness facilities. I am also glad our team was available to help with taxis to get you everywhere you wanted to go! I hope that we see you again on your next trip to Chicago!