“Great service” 5 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Naperville, Illinois
“Great service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2012

This hotel is very nice but it really isn't in the "heart" of Chicago. Chicago's loop is a few blocks away and there are very few restaurants within 1/2 mile of it (except for other hotel restaurants). However cabs are easy to come by with a staff person always on duty to hail one. Our standard room not large but very comfortable--one padded office chair and one easy chair. We were warned not to touch anything in the refrigerator (used only to sell items--not for personal use) as a sensor would register a charge. If you want a personal one there is a $10 daily charge. Had breakfast at Filini in the hotel and excellent food and service.Concierge service courteous and helpful. Health club is the best I've seen for a hotel--lots of exercise bikes, machines, free weights and even a small basketball court for shooting (not games). Only a little over a year old and room and bath immaculate. There is a CVS pharmacy next door open to midnight. Very quiet room.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Radissonbluaqua, General Manager at Radisson Blu Aqua Hotel, responded to this review, December 14, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to meet with us. I am happy you enjoyed your experience at the hotel and were able to utilize our fitness facilities. I am also glad our team was available to help with taxis to get you everywhere you wanted to go! I hope that we see you again on your next trip to Chicago!

Pierre-Louis Giacotto

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (516)
  • Turkish first
delhi
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2012

I stayed for two nights at this very new Radisson Blu Aqua Hotel in heart of Chicago downtown.

Since hotel is very new, everything is so fresh and new...Decor is awesome and every place is just stone thow away....
1. millennium park.2 min walk
2. birmingham fountain chicago 5min walk
3. Sea Shore...
4. Navy pier.. 5min by car
5. Aquarium 5min car.

Main market.....2min walk....

Room Tip: Take balcony room if in summer...dont take it in winter...its freezing windy
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Radissonbluaqua, General Manager at Radisson Blu Aqua Hotel, responded to this review, December 13, 2012
Thank you for sharing your experience! I am thrilled that you enjoyed our hotel and that the location was perfect for getting to all of the sites you wanted to see! I hope you return on your next trip to Chicago!

Gig Harbor, Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

We stayed here for three nights in October. We got the AAA rate, which included breakfast, so actually was a pretty good deal ($250/night) given that every hotel in town that week seemed to be booked solid. The buffet breakfast was fine, the restaurant staff were kind of clueless.

As many others have said, nice rooms, good bed, relatively quiet. Everything was very clean. We didn't like the spa shower - we want to be blasted by a shower not caressed! But that's personal taste, I know many people love rain showers.

Location wasn't ideal for our needs on this trip - a long hike to the Blue Line, for example, on a cold night. But if you want to be near the lake, it's good.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Radissonbluaqua, General Manager at Radisson Blu Aqua Hotel, responded to this review, December 12, 2012
Thank you for your review. I am glad that you enjoyed your October stay and that the room was well suited for your needs. I would, however like to apologize that our restaurant staff was not more helpful. I am addressing your concerns and apologize for any disappointment we caused for you. I hope we see you again on your next trip to Chicago!

West Palm Beach, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

Although it was only for one night, my stay was excellent. The staff is friendly, helpful, and professional. The room was well decorated and the bed was very comfortable. I had lunch at the hotel restaurant and it was much better than average with excellent service and a good variety. Will definitely stay again when I am back in Chicago.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for your comments! I could not be happier that you had such an enjoyable experience or that you plan to return during your next visit to Chicago! I am also happy that you enjoyed dining in Filini. Thanks again; we look forward to seeing you soon!

New England
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

I stayed in a standard room on the 12th floor with a view of the skyline. Everything is new and clean and modern.

The room is a bit tight, space and storage wise, but comfortable enough for two on a short stay. The highlight was the bathroom. Separate bath and shower, and a water closet tucked in the corner. The large glass shower door slides over to close off the commode when the shower is not in use. The privacy was really nice.
The bathtub was so deep and inviting that I jumped in on my first evening there for a long soak.

I didn't spend any time in the hotel restaurant or using the other amenities. Chicago as right outside the door. I found a fabulous cafe right around the corner for breakfasts and the Blu Aqua is easy walking distance from Millennium Park, with ice skating (even though it was in the high 60's for the entire time I was there in early December) and the famous Cloud Gate.

Room Tip: Look for a park view on a high floor for best results.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your review! I am glad that you enjoyed your stay and that the location and views were perfect. I am also happy that you enjoyed the layout of the bathroom and were able to utilize the soaking tub! I hope that we see you again on your next trip to Chicago!

Flint, MI
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

Radisson Blu Aqau was the perfect Hotel for our one night stay in the City! Easy walk thru Millinium Park to Art Institue and State St to view Christmas Windows and the Magnificent Mile the next day for serious Christmas Shopping. Loved the location, rooms, views, balcony! A bit dissapointed in Resturant staff. Obviously people of some importance were in the booth next to us, and we were pretty muched ignored. No problem plenty of nice resturants in the area to go to next time. Service at checkin and front desk were 5 stars!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for leaving us a review. I am happy that you enjoyed your experience at the hotel and that your loved the views and balcony. I am also glad that our location was convenient to everywhere you wanted to go. I would, however, like to apologize that our restaurant team was not more accomodating. I hope that we see you again the next time you are in Chicago!

Carmel, Indiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2012

Very nice 2 night hotel stay in one of my favorite building in Chicago. Took my 7yo son to Chicago for the first time, he loved the contemporary styling. The rooms were clean, well equipped, beds were comfortable, shower was really cool, and we had a 16th floor balcony with a great city view. Turn Right to see the Navy Pier and Left the clock tower of Wrigley Building. Convenient loop locations, no more than a 5 minute less than $10 cab to everywhere we wanted to go. (Field Museum, Art Institute, Theaters, Pier). The restaurant was not good. We order hot chocolate after retuning on a cold night, it was nasty. They really could have just told us they don’t have hot chocolate. We ordered room service breakfast and possibly the worst pancake I've ever had. But with all the fab rest. in Chi-town there is never any reason to eat at your hotel.(room service pancakes is one of our families little traditions)

Room Tip: 1619 had blacony and great view.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for leaving us a review. I am happy that you had an enjoyable experience with us and that you liked your room and views. I am also happy that our location was perfect for your needs. I would, however, like to apologize that you did not enjoy room service or the hot chocloate. I am looking further into your concerns, and I am truly sorry for any disappointment we caused for you. I hope we see you again on your next trip to Chicago.

Pierre-Louis Giacotto

Been to Radisson Blu Aqua Hotel? Share your experiences!