“Girls weekend” 4 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Chicago, Illinois
“Girls weekend”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2012

Beautiful place, very inviting. Staff was extremely helpful and the bar food was fantastic. The only downside I would have to say is there was no refrigerator in the room for any leftovers or to put beverages in. Beds were very comfortable and the pilliow were great, and that is my biggest pet peave at most hotels. Slept very comortabley due to this. The shampoos, soaps and incidentals were great.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Radissonbluaqua, General Manager at Radisson Blu Aqua Hotel, responded to this review, November 30, 2012
Thank you for sharing your experience with us on Trip Advisor. I am happy that you and your friends had a great girls getaway with us and that you enjoyed your time at the hotel. I have shared your compliments with our staff at the bar. Also, we do have refridgerators available upon request for a small delivery fee. I am truly sorry that this was not explained during your visit. I hope we see you again soon!

1,515 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (471)
  • Turkish first
Fort Lauderdale
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2012

I agree with many of the positive comments that others have made about the staff and hotel in general. I was given a nice corner room with a lake view. It had a nice layout with a desk facing a wall of windows overlooking the lake, a large bath with walk in shower and a very nice comfortable bed. There were two things from a structural standpoint that seemed odd. The closet was what I would call a standard size closet for a business hotel. Unfortunately however, it contained a series of drawers that came up to waist high and prevented any pants, suit coats or dress shirts from hanging free. The other side of the closet was large enough to accomodate my clothes only because I was traveling alone and because I took out the ironing board to make room for them. The other odd item was the placement of the faucets in the shower. My room had a rain shower (good), but the faucet was on the back wall and it was impossible to reach it without getting hit with cold water (bad). I would prefer not to get wet while I am adjusting the water temperature. I stayed at the hotel because that was where the convention was held. I considered it a good value at the convention rate.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Radissonbluaqua, General Manager at Radisson Blu Aqua Hotel, responded to this review, November 28, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at the hotel. I am happy that you enjoyed your stay and that you felt we were a good value throughout your events. I would also like to thank you for the ideas you suggested for improvement. Unforturantely the showerhead is not something that we are able to change in the short term, but I will share your concerns with our design team. I hope that we see you again on your next trip to the city!

Ann Arbor, Michigan, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2012

Spent a couple of days in Chicago at this new hotel and was very happy with the experience. Since it's also a residence, the hotel lobby is small in favor of a large restaurant and bar. Parking was a bit confusing and we ended up having a hard time finding the car both times we used it during our stay, so the extra $10/day for valet is worth it. The room was stylish: tile in the bathroom sparkled, lighting was colorful (blue) but subtle and the bed was very comfortable. On the downside: shower pressure could have been better and the shared walls were thin. The maid service was also lacking - had to repeatedly ask for shampoo and coffee to be restocked. Lastly, if you're looking for a good workout during your trip, then look no further. This hotel has the BEST gym I have ever seen during my extensive travels...even has a basketball court and outdoor track with a view of the lake.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Radissonbluaqua, General Manager at Radisson Blu Aqua Hotel, responded to this review, November 29, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. I am happy that you enjoyed your overall experience at the hotel, and that our gym and outdoor running track exceeded your expectations. I would, however, like to apologize that items such a shampoo and coffee were not properly replenished. I am truly sorry for any frustraiton this caused for you. I hope that we see you again on your next trip to the city!

Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2012

I had a really great stay, the hotel public areas and the rooms were really cool. Not cool in a dark, I cant read then room numbers on the door kind of way but in a modern up to date way. My room was spacious , we laid out , comfortable beds ... it was all good.
The in house restaurant is Italianish, "mostly italian" is the way they describe it. The food was great, came out quickly and the service was friendly and informative without being overbearing.
The Gym was a real treat, probably because there are up market residential apartments above the hotel levels, it had half court basket ball court , PT room, all the machines free weights and doohdads you could want, again, clean, slick, modern is the feel.
Definitely would recommend

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for your review! I am glad that you liked the clean modern design of the hotel public space and guestrooms. I am also happy that you were able to utilize our fitness center and that it had all of the equipment you needed. I hope we see you again on your next visit to Chicago!

London
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2012

I was lucky enough to stay in this hotel on a recent business trip to Chicago. From the moment we arrived, we were warmly greeted and the service continued that way for the duration of our stay. The room I stayed in had stunning turquoise carpet and what I can only describe as a 'disco decor' bathroom! And I needn't have even brought my IPad with me as the room I stayed in had one already :-) (though I would never leave my IPad at home of course, even if returning to this hotel!). We had drinks in the bar both nights; the atmosphere was great, really buzzy, again with excellent service. I guess being from London, I had expected a buffet for breakfast, but it was a la carte and it didn't matter at all as I had some of the yummiest French toast ever! In terms of location, it is literally a hop, skip and a jump down to Michigan Ave or heading out the other direction just a couple of blocks, Macy's and some fabulous restaurants. I'd highly recommend visiting one of the restaurants we ate in, it was called The Gage, really immaculately presented food which tasted as good as it looked. Additionally in the other direction, on the other side of the river was a fabulous, new tapas place called Tavernitas...again, highly recommended. So suffice to say, when I go back to Chicago, I won't hesitate in going back to Aqua each and every time :-)

Room Tip: Go for the higher floors overlooking the city and lake if possible!
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Radissonbluaqua, General Manager at Radisson Blu Aqua Hotel, responded to this review, November 26, 2012
Thank you for your comments and for spending your vacation with us! I am thrilled that you had such a nice stay at the hotel and throughout our city. I have shared your compliments with our team, and look forward to welcoming you back soon!

Oxford, Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

Nice place. We had a good time and would stay there again. Close to Michigan Ave and the river.

Are you kidding me? A 200 word minimum? I don't have time for this, my time is my most valuable and limited commodity. If you expect a minimum word count in my review then I expect to be compensated for my time.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Radissonbluaqua, General Manager at Radisson Blu Aqua Hotel, responded to this review, November 21, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to share your comments. We appreciate the time that you took and hope to see you back at the hotel soon. Thanks again!

Tampa, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

I was in Chicago for a conference at the Swissotel and decided to stay at Blu Auqa instead of the Swiss. The hotel is connected to the Swiss and the Fairmont hotel via tunnel. I had a corner suite on the 15th floor facing Lake Michigan. Beautiful room and view. New and very nice - even had a balcony off the room - although too chilly to use. Hotel staff service was excellent. I booked the AAA rate which included breakfast in the restaurant - which was ok. Beware that they add a $4 tip to your room for the breakfast buffet - even though I left a cash tip on the table when I dined. I stayed several days and the waiter never bothered to tell me I was tipping twice. Wait staff at the buffet did not seem very motivated, unlike the front desk staff and others in the hotel. Regardless, it was an excellent place to stay and I will do so again next year. Much nicer and newer than the Swissotel - but just as convenient when attending a conference there thanks to the "Pedway".

Room Tip: Corner room with Lake Michigan view is the best.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Happy Thanksgiving! Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. I am happy that you enjoyed your time at the hotel and that the location and amenities were perfect for your needs. I would, however, like to apologize that there was an error with your room charges and Filini tip. I am looking into this with our team and am truly sorry for any frustration this caused for you. We hope to see you again soon!

Pierre-Louis Giacotto

Been to Radisson Blu Aqua Hotel? Share your experiences!