“Modern, Fresh, Hip” 5 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Hunt Valley, Maryland
“Modern, Fresh, Hip”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2012

My husband and I recently stayed for a week in the Raddison Blue Awua Hotel.
We were greeted by the delightful Radisson aroma of spices and fruite in the air.
I wish I could have purchased the freshener for my home. The room was state of the art
contemporary. The balcony added to the feeling of being in a resort not a hotel.
The bed was super comfy. I appreciated all of the amenities in the building. My husbnd and I swam laps indoors then relaxed in the indoor hot tub. On several days, we worked out in the gym. Just one block away, we rented comfortable bike to ride up the concrete path parelling
Lake Shore Drive. We took the architectural cruise just up the street on Wacker Drive. Everything seemed to be in walking distance. My private tip. Try the mushroom pizza with Truffle oil in Fellinis, you won't be dissapointed.

Room Tip: a corner room is preferable. With a balcony.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Radissonbluaqua, General Manager at Radisson Blu Aqua Hotel, responded to this review, November 2, 2012
Thank you for your review and for spending your vacation with us! I am happy that you had a wonderful stay and were able to utilize our fitness center and pool! I am also happy that our location was perfect for your bike rides and cruise. I have shared your compliement about the mushroom pizza with our chef! Thanks again; I hope we see you soon!

Pierre-Louis Giacotto

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (515)
  • Turkish first
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2012 via mobile

I stayed here several times on business over a three month period and was consistently impressed. I'd recommend staying here for business or pleasure. Beds are very comfy, rooms are spacious, wifi is free and there is an trendy bar and excellent Italian restaurant. The location is a little out of the way but if you don't mind a 10-15 min walk you can get most places in central Chicago fairly easily. This hotel is my first choice in Chicago.

• Stayed May 2012
Thank you for your review! I am honored that we are your first choice in the city and that you have enjoyed each of your stays with us! I have also shared your compliments with our team; thanks again! We look forward to seeing you soon.

Montverde, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2012

I was in Chicago on a business trip in October 2012. The staff was very attentive. I stayed in a business class room which had a very comfortable bed, the workspace was nice. Good wifi access in the room was a plus. I was on the 18th floor with a excellent view. The cleanliness of the room was apparent immediately. There was a nice recliner.

The conference rooms were set up very well with big windows overlooking the city. The food was excellent during the conference.
The hotel is located a few blocks from many shops within walking distance.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for leaving us a review! I couldn't be happier that your meetings went so well and that you enjoyed the view and meals. I am also happy that the business accomodations were excellent for your needs! We hope to see you again on your next trip to Chicago!

Virginia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2012

Beautiful hotel, but it has a few issues. The bathroom water kept getting stucked when flushing. The thermostat in the room was useless. The rooms were warm and never did cool down (in October). Great fitness center with excellent equipment.

Room Tip: Stay away from the side next to the fire station
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Radissonbluaqua, General Manager at Radisson Blu Aqua Hotel, responded to this review, November 1, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. I am truly sorry that there was a problem with the toilet and that your room was too warm. I am sharing your concerns with our engineering department and I apologize for any disappointment you experienced. I hope that you will return to the hotel so we can recoup your confidence in us.

Duluth, Minnesota
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2012

Beautiful Hotel. The staff was very friendly. Wonderful Amenities - fitness center and pool. Great food too -We had an awesome cheeseburger the night we arrived at the bar. We were on the 16th floor of a City View room and could see the river and the lake. It was about a 15 -20 minute walk to the magnificint mile and the Navy Peir.

Room Tip: City View, King
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Radissonbluaqua, General Manager at Radisson Blu Aqua Hotel, responded to this review, October 31, 2012
Thank you for your review! I am happy that you had such a wonderful weekend in Chicago and that you enjoyed your time at our hotel! I hope that we see you again soon!

Cary, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2012

My stay started out great by check in, was there for a trade show and arrived second in our group, as I walked up to the counter the gentleman checking me in looked at my co worker and called her promptly by her last, very nice I though, and he preceded to do a quick and efficient check in and even enrolled me in the frequent travelers club in less time I spent checking in other hotels. Lobby was warm stylish and cozy, I really liked the room key scanner, as it does not have to be inserted, I had the key in my back pocket the hands full with luggage, all I had to do was turn around and listen for the door to unlock and in I was. Room is very comfortable and the work desk is very spacious.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for your review! I am glad that you had such a great impression of the hotel and that you liked our key system! I have shared your compliments with our front office team and we are truly thrilled that you consider us an ideal business hotel!

Stavanger, Norway
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2012

My husband and I stayed here for five nights in August. The hotel is an excellent choice for seeing the sights of Chicago. Our room was on the 14th floor and offered a great view. The room was stylish and quite roomy, the bathroom was also quite large. You may choose between two different designs for the room, one type with wooden floors and white interior and the another with carpets and a darker feel. We utilized the training facilities and the pools while we were at the hotel, the indoor pool was usually quite empty and also featured a indoor jacuzzi. We went on the architecture tour of Chicago and this hotel was heavily mentioned as it was voted skyscraper of the year in 2009 or 2010. I would recommend this hotel.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Radissonbluaqua, General Manager at Radisson Blu Aqua Hotel, responded to this review, October 29, 2012
Thank you for your review! I couldn't be happier that you enjoyed your five night stay with us or that you took the time to share your experience. We hope to see you again soon!

Pierre-Louis Giacotto

Been to Radisson Blu Aqua Hotel? Share your experiences!