“AWESOME NEW HOTEL IN CHICAGO” 5 of 5 stars

Enjoy Savings of 15%
Ranked #7 of 174 Hotels in Chicago
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Birmingham, Alabama
“AWESOME NEW HOTEL IN CHICAGO”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2012

My family and I stayed 4 nights at the Radison Blu during a recent visit to Chicago for the Lollapalooza Music Festival. The location was perfect and only a few blocks from the festival. The incredibly friendly and accommodating staff made our stay very enjoyable.The Filini restaurant/bar is so convenient and serves outstanding meals and appetizers all hours of the day. The workout facility was the best I have seen at a hotel and it included a lap pool and outdoor running track on the third floor. The hotel has 5star amenities, a very friendly staff and a perfect location one block from Michigan Avenue. It was the best hotel experience I have had in years

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Radissonbluaqua, General Manager at Radisson Blu Aqua Hotel, responded to this review, August 16, 2012
Thank you for your review and wonderful comments about the hotel! It is truly an honor that you consider us one of your best hotel experiences ever! I have shared your comments with our team and everyone was thrilled. I hope we see you again on your next trip to the city!

Pierre-Louis Giacotto

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (515)
  • Turkish first
Darien, Illinois, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2012

We recently enjoyed a weekend in Chicago and stayed at the Radisson Blu Aqua. We had a fabulous time at this outstanding hotel. The property itself is absolutely beautiful. It's ultra modern lines are very visually appealing. The Gold Lounge is a treat for the eyes. The rooms are also clean and sleek, with wood floors instead of carpet, and luxurious bathrooms. The outside area invites you to come sit and relax. Comfy chairs, a fire pit, even an area for "bags" are centered over a lovely view of Chicago and the lake. The outside of the building seems to mimic the waves in the lake. Indoor and outdoor pools are available, as well as a jacuzzi and workout facilities. To go along with these outstanding facilities, goes an outstanding staff. You can tell much time was taken with staff training as all are so very welcoming and solicitous of your needs. The location of the hotel is excellent. It is walking distance to Millennium Park, State Street, the Chicago River, and Michigan Avenue. If you're coming to Chicago you definitely have to check this hotel out!

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a balcony!!
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you so much for your review! My team and I are truly happy that you had such a great stay and that we were able to assist with all of your needs! I hope that we see you back at the hotel soon!

Charlotte, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2012

I stayed at the Radisson Aqua for 5 nights last week and had nothing but a great experience. Chic, modern, stylish, clean, fancy - you name it, they have it all! Rooms are beautiful, Restaurant has very tasty food and the lobby decor is amazing.

I would also like to take the time to recognize one of your managers at the reception. Jessica is a doll. She was very professional and she took excellent care of all of my requests/concerns the first day of my stay that I asked for her all of the following days as well. I can't thank her enough for taking such good care of me.

I will be visiting Chicago again in a few month and will stay at the Radisson Aqua again - and believe me, Jessica is one of the reasons why. I would recommend the hotel to anyone that visits Chicago.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Radissonbluaqua, General Manager at Radisson Blu Aqua Hotel, responded to this review, August 15, 2012
Thank you for your fantasitic review! I couldn't be happier that you had such a great stay and that Jessica was so helpful. I have shared your compliments with her and she was honored by your kind words. I hope we see you again soon; thanks again!

Baltimore, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2012

Probably one of the coolest looking hotels I've ever stayed in. The architecture is just cool, and it was neat to see the building pointed out on the architecture boat tour we took.

The staff were great, and the lobby area is very nice. We didn't have a chance to eat at the in-house restaurant/bar, but it looked really nice.

The rooms are very new and modern, and we loved the walk in shower and bathroom.

The amenities at the hotel are also above and beyond what you'd expect at a normal hotel since the upper floors of the building are actually condos/apts. The pool area has a nice lap pool and hottub, and there is a nice running track that rings the outdoor pool/garden/recreation area (including BBQs). There's also a really nice gym that is more like a true gym than just a hotel fitness center.

Also, the location is really good for Millenium Park, Magnificent Mile, and the L trains. There are also some decent restaurants within walking distance (Purple Pig, Sable).

Room Tip: Rooms on north side have a semi-view of the river.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to leave us such a great review! I am thrilled that you had a nice stay with us and that you enjoyed our amenities and location. I hope that we see you back at the hotel soon! Thanks again!

Louisville, Kentucky, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2012

This hotel has a great view of downtown Chicago. We could see Lake Michigan, Navy Pier, and all the high rises around us. The pool is wonderful. There is a running track around the pool area. The pool is not "roof top." But it's on the third level, and there is still a cool view from there. You are located right in the middle of downtown. Lots to do within walking distance. Bike rentals are 1 block away and you can do a lake front bike tour. The room we were first in did not have a balcony. We asked to be moved to a balcony room when we noticed some rooms did have one. They moved us without hesitation and the move was well worth it. The balcony wrapped around from one side of the building to another side, giving us two different views. The furnishings in the two different rooms were quite different, but both were very cool. We would definitely go back. Thanks for a great trip!

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a balcony. And maybe a little higher up. At least the 8th floor or higher.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your comments! I am happy you enjoyed your stay and the view from your balcony! I have shared your comments with our team and everyone was proud that you had such great things to say! I hope we see you again soon!

Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2012

What a cool hotel! The building is one of the most beautiful structures I have seen in the US. The staff was terrific and very helpful and friendly. The rooms are well thoughtout and very hip! Could not have been happier!

Room Tip: The business class upgrade was worth it!
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Radissonbluaqua, General Manager at Radisson Blu Aqua Hotel, responded to this review, August 14, 2012
Thank you for your review! I couldn't be happier that you had such a great stay and that you enjoyed our building inside and out! We look forward to seeing you again soon!

5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2012

I stayed at the Radisson Blu Aqua Hotel on the Near East Side downtown by the river last week. The property was immaculate with modern styling and an outstanding staff. The room was fantastic, large with a large new bathroom, standup shower with rainshower head and very clean and well appointed. Bed was great with a great view of the city. Nice work area for my laptop and good Internet connectivity. They also have a great outdoor space and workout floor! The price was less than half of what I have paid for Michigan Ave hotels that had small older rooms and no space. The location was right downtown next to the river and just three short blocks from Michigan Ave. Convenient to Millennium Park, Navy Pier and the transit system. This hotel is a quiet jem with very modern styling and everything a trip to downtown needs in a hotel. Very nice bar and restaurant on property and a connected parking garage.

Room Tip: I used my Club Carlson emails for notice of discounts and go 35% off the normal rates.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Radissonbluaqua, General Manager at Radisson Blu Aqua Hotel, responded to this review, August 8, 2012
Thank you for your review! I couldn't be happier that you enjoyed your stay and that you thought we are exactly what a downtown hotel should be! I hope that we see you back at the hotel soon; thanks again!

Pierre-Louis Giacotto

Been to Radisson Blu Aqua Hotel? Share your experiences!