“Awesome!!!” 5 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersPlatinum level
ffinmich82
“Awesome!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2012

This hotel was awesome! This is our 4th hotel we have stayed at in Chicago and it is now our favorite. From the moment we were in front of it, to the moment we left, we were treated like first class people. Every employee always said hello and most asked how our stay was going, including the ones that were busy and didn't see us coming. The hotel is decorated chic style. The bar and restaurant are so gorgeous, we stopped to take a picture of it.Check in was a breeze and took all of 5 minutes. We arrived around 12:30 P.M. and our room wasn't available, so they upgraded us to a park view without us even asking. About half of the rooms have balconies, but we never plan on spending much time in the room so it doesn't bother us if we had one or not. The rooms are spotless and large by Chicago standards. The beds are comfy, but we've had better. The bathroom is large and spacious. The shower has a rain shower head. We had no problem with hot water or water pressure. We also found out that the hotel shares it's building with apartments or condos. If someone didn't tell us this, we would have never known. The tenants have their own elevators.
Gym: I think because the hotel shares it's building the gym is massive. It is larger than any suburban gym that you can belong to. It has a large room for yoga along with everything you need. The free weights and cardio equipment is all new and kept in pristine shape. The gym also has half of basketball court in it. Also on the gym floor is a room that has a pool table and poker table.
Pools: There is an indoor and outdoor pool along with hot tubs to go with each. The indoor pool is kind of small, but it gets the job done. The outdoor pool is much larger and also has a separate kids pool. There is a massive courtyard along with a 1/5 mile running track that is cushioned. In the courtyard, there are plenty of comfy couches,chairs and some private cabanas, along with a fire pit. There is also a sauna and steam room available in the spa.
Location: The hotel is approximately 3 blocks from Millennium Park and a little further to Grant Park, 3 blocks to Michigan Ave., and about a 15 minute walk to the Navy Pier.

When we go back to Chicago, we will stay here again.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Radissonbluaqua, General Manager at Radisson Blu Aqua Hotel, responded to this review, July 20, 2012
Thank you so much for your wonderful comments! I am truly honored that you had such a great stay with us and that we are your new favorite! We really appreciate you taking the time to share your experience and talk about each of our amenities! We look forward to your next trip to the city; thanks again!

Pierre-Louis Giacotto

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (515)
  • Turkish first
Missoula, MT
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2012

The location of the Radisson Blu in Chicago is outstanding. It is just around the corner from the most profitable hotel in town (the Hyatt Regency), across the street from the Fairmont and the terrific aria restaurant and there's an obvious reason for them to be where they are ... just a very short walk to Millennium Park (and the amazing Art Institute of Chicago), to Michigan Avenue, and a bit further to Navy Pier. In the middle of a hot summer, being close to everything makes a difference, and the Radisson Blu became a cool, pleasant oasis in the heat.

My room took a bit getting used to. The decor is ebony black, mirrors, the namesake aqua blue in the carpet, and glittering marble everywhere in the bathroom. (Yes, it really does glitter, casting light dots on the walls!) The bed was amazing comfortable, with crisp white sheets, lots of pillows and a fresh comforter. The bathroom was huge and impeccably clean. The door to the shower doubled as a sliding door to give the toilet some privacy. The soaps were top-notch (Anne Semonin), the towels fresh and plentiful, and there was plenty enough counter-space for my own toiletries. The shower smelled a bit moldy and the hot water took a little while to get warm, although these are very small concerns.

The concierge was excellent and offered several excellent recommendations (try Wildberry Pancakes and Cafe for breakfast - the Signature "Berry Bliss" Pancakes are outrageous ...
Buttery pancakes stuffed with blueberries & layered with mascarpone, topped with blackberries, strawberries, vanilla cream & a blackberry coulis), as well as taking deposits for the architecture tour. The front-desk staff were welcoming and efficient, although they need a better system for communicating between different shifts.

Definitely recommended. But, don't pay for an upgrade. I was assured at check-in that I had been upgraded, but was given the smallest room on the floor. My 'park view' room didn't have views of Millennium Park. And, I didn't get a balcony - this on an architectural masterpiece that is known for all its balconies!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
Thank you for your review! I am happy that you enjoyed your time at the hotel and that our location was so perfect for your needs. I have shared your compliments with our concierge team! I hope that we see you back at the hotel soon; thanks again!

North Yorkshire
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2012

This hotel is excellent- great location could walk to many sights/shops, lovely hotel, great to be able to relax in pool area when staying in city especially in view of heat wave! Bar and restaurant firstclass couldnt fault it.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your review! I am honored that you enjoyed your stay and had such a great experience at the hotel. I hope we see you again soon!

Woodstock, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2012 via mobile

Centrally located and in walking distance to many desirable locations. Pool area is pleasent and has good views of the city.

• Stayed June 2012
, General Manager at Radisson Blu Aqua Hotel, responded to this review, July 16, 2012
Thank you for your comments! I am glad that you had a nice stay. I hope that we see you again soon; thanks again!

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2012

This new hotel is gorgeous. Every room is with hardwood floors and modern bed and desk. The bathroom is beautiful. The hotel feel is very European. The fitness facility is outstanding, with plenty of equipment to use. Overall, the hotel us wonderful and staff is really nice as well

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for your comments! I am glad that you had such a nice stay and that you enjoyed our location and room design! We do actually have 2 different designs, one which features the hard wood and the other a vibrant carpet. I hope you like the other type equally as well! We look forward to seeing you again soon; thanks again!

Mississauga, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2012

I loved staying at this hotel. I was there for a business trip - from check-in to departure, the staff were attentive, helpful and responsive. The rooms were clean and very chic decor, the toiletries were great quality and the location was very convenient for shopping.

I would definitely go back and stay again with family and plan to do so before the end of summer.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for your review! I am honored that you had such a great time with us and that you plan to bring your family back this summer! I look forward to seeing you soon!

East Lansing, Michigan, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2012

I stayed here June 28-30 and loved it! The service was awesome and the product was fantastic! The beds were the best I've ever slept in! I can usually never sleep in hotels but I slept like a baby! The free WiFi was fast, the TV sharp, and I LOVED the bathroom! Overhead shower faucet; how have I never heard of this?

They are within walking distance to virtually everything: Navy Pier, Magnificent Mile, Millennium Park. Water Tower Place, Shedd Aquarium, and Wilson Tower are a bit further but walking is a part of the Chicago experience! :)

When I return to Chicago, I will only stay at the Radisson Blu.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
, General Manager at Radisson Blu Aqua Hotel, responded to this review, July 13, 2012
Thank you for your wonderful comments! The team and I couldn't be more thrilled that you think we are the best hotel ever! I am happy that you loved our location and slept like you do at home! I hope we see you again soon; thanks again!

Pierre-Louis Giacotto

Been to Radisson Blu Aqua Hotel? Share your experiences!