“Margaret gets down low at Chicago Ped-Way” 5 of 5 stars

$20*
and up
Ranked #12 of 301 Activities in Chicago
More attraction details
Owner description: Hello hello! I'm Margaret, tour guide, author and comedian. My tours are full of humor and fun and are definitely off the beaten path. I'm a life-long Chicagoan and have been a tour guide for seven years. I love my job and my city and I'm all about showing it off to you. I'm an improviser and comedian from Second City, so expect some really hilarious (to me anyway?) impressions. We have a lot of fun on tours, you know, while we're learning. During the winter months I run the Pedway Tour (it's all indoors! We never go outside!) and in the summer I run The Disaster! Tour (best new tour!), the Loop Tour (highlights!) and the new Binoculars Tour! I am also available for private tours and group tours! Let's do this.
Chicago, Illinois
“Margaret gets down low at Chicago Ped-Way”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2013

Margaret with her architecture and Second City comedy background gives a wacked-out over the top hillarious tour of downtown Chicago's underground pedestrian walkway in her own unique way. She top's Bill Murray and Chevy Chase as the new funny kid on the block. Don't miss her show.

New Zealand
35 attraction reviews
“if you do one tour, do this one”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2013

the Pedway is a well kept secret - Margaret gave us a wonderful insight and personal tour seeing we were the only 2 booked in - but the tour went on. the time went very quickly, the walking is not onerous and we had a great time looking/ learning and getting the unique perspective of a local. Recommended.

Sao Paulo, SP
“Great Pedway Tour!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2013

If you're interested to know how Chicago Pedway works, this is a tour for you! The guide (Margaret) was great, made a lot of jokes, but at the same time seemed to really know what she was talking about. I've read the Lonely Planet guide a few days ago and she'd properly mentioned some of the information I've read there -- and much more! Besides, the price (US$20) was good too, for all that info you get on the 90-minutes tour.

I've read some people complaining about going on Saturday because the Pedway itself was partially closed, but I've gone on a Thursday and everything was up and running fine.

Highly recommended!!

Charlotte County, Florida
4 attraction reviews
“Chicago Elevated has another great tour!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2013

I recently took another tour with Margaret Hicks of Chicago Elevated. This tour was The Loop Tour, which was a history and architecture tour of the Loop/Downtown area of Chicago. It was informative and interesting, and Margaret's talent and enthusiasm as the guide made this a superlative tour. I look forward to taking any other tour that Margaret may give.

Chicago, Illinois, United States
“Pedway Tour”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2013

This tour was fun and lively - but also full of historical information and cool facts. Margaret is friendly and energetic. Her engaging, interactive style makes you think the tour has been developed and presented just for you. This was also true of Margaret's South Loop tour that I took a year earlier. The time passed quickly, with so much to see and learn along the way. I definitely plan to take more tours with Chicago Elevated.

Visited June 2013

Been to Chicago Elevated? Share your experiences!

If you own or manage Chicago Elevated, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.