“put this on your list!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #8 of 205 activities in Chicago
Type: Tours
More attraction details
Attraction Details
Owner description: Hey! I'm Margaret, tour guide, author and comedian. I'm a life-long Chicagoan and have been a tour guide for seven years. I love my job and my city and I'm all about showing it off to you. I'm an improviser and comedian, so expect some really hilarious (to me anyway?) impressions. We have a lot of fun on tours, you know, while we're learning. During the winter months I run the Pedway Tour and in May 2014 I will add The Disaster! Tour, the Loop Tour and the Binoculars Tour! I am also available for private tours and group tours! Let's do this.
Chicago, Illinois
4 attraction reviews
“put this on your list!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2013

As a recent arrival in Chicago, I took Margaret's Pedway tour so I could learn more about finding my way around this beautiful city.

It was not only a wonderful and entertaining experience -- Margaret is a knowledgeable, vivacious, and friendly guide -- but perhaps one of the best investments I've made. I can now navigate in and out of city streets and places quickly and easily, all the while staying out of any inclement weather. I also learned about some of the history of Chicago and met some colorful characters. What took Margaret just a couple of hours to show me would have taken months for me to learn on my own.

This tour is outstanding value and you'll learn something, even if you are only visiting this gorgeous city. Put it on your list!

Visited January 2013

Muncie,Indiana, United States
“The Pedway Tour was the highlight of our annual girls' weekend”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2013

I join my 3 college buddies annually for a weekend in Chicago. We included the Pedway Tour on our trip last fall, and it really was the best part of the trip (aside from just being with my dear buddies!). Maragaret is wacky, funny and so knowledgable regarding Chicago. I came away from the tour feeling as if I knew more than some Chicagoans about Chicago. Highly recommended!

Visited November 2012
Chicago, Illinois
4 attraction reviews
“What a great tour! Very informative - even for locals”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2013

We've lived in the city for eight years and we new 'of' the pedway but not 'about' the pedway. What a great tour! Margaret was a great guide and made the tour fun and informative. This is a great tour for visitors to the city (especially in the winter months) but it's great for locals too

Visited March 2013
Camberley, United Kingdom
“Chicago Elevated on a pedestal above the rest”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2013

What a fantastic time my girlfriend and I were treated to on the Pedway Tour provided by Chicago Elevated. Our guide Margaret was a little eccentric and may in fact need to be committed. If you take this tour (and I strongly advise you do), you will literally get see beneath the city and experience some of the history and architectural foundations which define Chicago, not forgetting of course the Pedway itself. If this wasn't already a walking tour she would deserve a standing ovation. Margaret really brought the experience alive and is incredibly knowledgeable about all things Chicago. Make sure you ask about the Dave Matthews disaster and will hopefully be lucky enough to see the 'good question' dance. Excellent value and a massive thank you for such a great time.

Visited March 2013
Chicagoelevated, Owner at Chicago Elevated, responded to this review, March 18, 2013
This may be my favorite review of all time. I lol'd. Thank you thank you! So funny. Oh man.
evergreen park
“underground city”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2013

I went on the pedway tour with my sister, for her birthday. The tour guide, Margaret is great. She was very informative about the city and the pedway. I would definitely recommend the tour to anyone, living in Chicago or visiting.

Visited February 2013

Been to Chicago Elevated? Share your experiences!

If you own or manage Chicago Elevated, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.

Bookmark for later