“One bad experience” 1 of 5 stars

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Harvest
540 N Michigan Avenue, Chicago Marriott Downtown Magnificent Mile, Chicago, IL 60611
312-836-6334
Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Harvest is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1,027 of 8,381 Restaurants in Chicago
Cuisines: American
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Grand and Rush
Transit: CTA Red Line stop - exit at Grand. Walk two blocks east to the hotel"s Rush Street entrance.
Description: Features contemporary and classic American food prepared with farm fresh ingredients from the Midwest.
Midwest City, Oklahoma
“One bad experience”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 23, 2011

I was shopping on Michigan Ave when I walked past the Marriot, and decided I should try their restaurant. Good hotel must mean good restaurant, right? I was immediately seated in the half empty restaurant and waited about 10 minutes for a server to arrive. I ordered a bottle of their house cabernet, and the server questioned me, "You want a whole bottle of wine?". I confirmed my order and told her that I planned on spending a couple of hours relaxing with a nice dinner. As another ten minutes went by, I noticed two managers watching me from the corner of the room. The server eventually dropped by to tell me that they were trying to locate the bottle of wine that I ordered (the house cabernet). After 20+ minutes of waiting for nothing, I decided that I could do better. As I was walking out, one of the two managers who was strangely monitoring me said "thank you for coming in". I walked out the door and went to Michael Jordans a few blocks south. Please read that review!

Visited December 2011

College Station, Texas
“A great hotel breakfast”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2011

Yes, it is a Marriott Hotel priced buffet breakfast at $21, but it is also pretty darned good! Lunch is more reasonable and I highly recommend the smoked turkey they use on their sandwiches and very good soups.

Visited December 2011
Boise, Idaho
“Good for a hotel restaurant, but you can get better (and cheaper) food within walking distance.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2011

I stayed in the Marriott for a business conference early in November, and I ate at the hotel restaurant twice; once for dinner right after I checked in, and again for breakfast the next morning because I didn't know the area.

The food was pretty good for both meals. It's fairly quiet, and service is decent. But for what you get, I think the food is overpriced. I paid nearly $20 for breakfast (eggs benedict!!), and the next morning I walked 1/2 a block to the cafe and paid less than $10 for a good breakfast. So it's great for convenience, but if you're willing to walk a few blocks you can find food that's just as good, along with a downtown Chicago feel.

• Visited November 2011
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Madison, Wisconsin
“Good for hotel food”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2011

We did both dinner and brunch at Harvest during our stay at the Marriott. The buffet was excellent; they make pancakes, omelets, etc. (more options than most) to order which is a nice touch.
Dinner was good but the service was on the slow side. The tables are a bit close together so it's tough to move around and get to and from the buffet. If you get there early enough, ask for a table by the window to get a great view of Michigan Ave.

Visited October 2011