“GO HERE AND EAT!!!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Chicago q

Chicago q
1160 N Dearborn St, Chicago, IL 60610-2720 (Near North Side)
312-642-1160
Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Chicago q is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #66 of 8,390 Restaurants in Chicago
Cuisines: American, Barbecue
Good for: Entertaining clients
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Dinner, Reservations, Delivery, Late Night
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Near North Side
Cross street: Division
Transit: Red line at Clark and Division. Walk east to Dearborn then South to 1160 N. Dearborn and you are at BBQ heaven. Bus 36 will take you to Clark and Division as well.
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“GO HERE AND EAT!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2014

Yes, the cute exterior is not what you expect of a barbeque place, but go inside anyway. The food is UNBELIEVABLY GOOD! You will thank me, even if you travel out of your way to get here. The chef beat Bobby Flay in a throw down, need I say more. It really lives up to the hype. The chef's take is traditional, but she adds a little something to each dish to make it distinctive. Really GREAT!

Sarasota, FL
“Great bbq and service but noisy”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2014

The pulled pork was truly delicious, even without sauce. Bonus for our family: 3 of 4 sauces were gluten free. My corn, black bean and avocado salad was fresh and light. The bread and butter pickles tasted like my grandmother's. Service is excellent. The only down side is that the place is really noisy.

“A must do!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2014

Wow is all I can say. I had the ribs and the cornbread and I must say they were both mouthwatering. The portion sizes were very generous! The staff was very attentive, almost too attentive for my liking. Any one passing by would stop and help the table. It got a little confusing after awhile.

Toronto, Ontario
“good but not special”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2014

I ate at Chicago Q twice during my recent trip to Chicago. I had the brisket plate and the sliders (pork, chicken and brisket). I enjoyed the food but did not find it particularly memorable. It is not that I would not return, but I would not rush back.

lisbon
“Wonderful ribs.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2014

Went to this rib place at the recommendation of the hotel concierge, as we wanted ribs but didn't feel like going way out to the regular rib joints. This was close to the hotel and it looked more like a fine neighborhood restaurant. Beautiful atmosphere, delicious pickles and chips on the table and fast service. The ribs were amazing as was the cornbread. Even though we were packed, we tried the cheesecake ! I'll just say that our favorite for many years was from Cheesecake factory, but now, this one, is on a totally different level !!! Simply sinful ! Dying to go back....

• Visited April 2014