“Inside out” 5 of 5 stars

$26*
and up
Ranked #26 of 301 Activities in Chicago
More attraction details
Owner description: Guided tours of architecture, history and culture that bring people to explore stories and places locals don't even know. Tours include Good Times Historic Bar Tour, Inside the Loop Architectural Tour, and Jazz, Blues & Beyond Bus Tour. Guests get to share iPads with media while professional tour guides share forgotten stories from the past and create a fun, interactive dynamic.
Whistler, Canada
3 attraction reviews
“Inside out”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2012

I enjoyed and learned more ith detour tours than any other. If I would have have more time I old have done all my touring with them lucky for me I saw their ad in the hotel book. I contacted the concierge at the Omni right away to pass on their information. The best!
Jane Whistler B.C.

Visited October 2012

Rocky River, OH
5 attraction reviews
“Architecture from the inside tour”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2012

Civic Center area of Chicago has a lot of history. The 2 hour tour presented by Elizabeth was informative and fun. Opened my eyes to see the many different types of buildings fromt he inside and out.

Visited October 2012
New York City, New York
“Fantastic, Fun, Insightful Tour!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2012

My friend and I were visiting Chicago from New York, and we decided to go on the "Good Times Historic Bar Tour," or as it's described on the website, "a pub crawl with an educational twist"--that description certainly got my attention, and it was really awesome! It gave me an insight into how architecture reflects culture generally (and about early-century culture, racial and socioeconomic identity, the Jazz age, etc.). Amanda, who was our excellent and extremely knowledgeable guide (I think she's also the guide) made a remark that really stuck with me: that people don't really know their own cities. I realized I was walking around the city, but that there was so much more than meets the eye. It made me want to go on walking tours in my own city. Plus, we got to eat and drink at a few GREAT places, what could be better?!

I highly recommend this company, and especially Amanda.

Visited July 2012
Florianopolis, Santa Catarina, Brazil
3 attraction reviews
“Feeling like a local”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2012

I did the "loop" tour as a part of a retail conference. Amanda did a great job and made us feel like locals. If I had more time in the city, probably would have done their other tours.

Visited September 2012
Chicago, Illinois
“Phenomenal Tours!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2012

I have lived in Chicago over 13 years and was surprised how much history I never knew about this City! Both tours I went on were interactive and extremely informative, the use of i pads were especially helpful. I even won a prize on one of the tours! Amanda is a fantastic tour guide, she is professional, engaging, knowledgeable and a great story teller. I will continue to recommend Chicago Detours to native Chicagoans and tourists alike.

Visited June 2012