“The apartment was beautiful and the staff was impeccable.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of State and Grand by BridgeStreet Worldwide

You added State and Grand by BridgeStreet Worldwide to your Saves list
State and Grand by BridgeStreet Worldwide
4.0 of 5 Lodge   |   505 N. State Street, Chicago, IL 60654 (Near North Side)   |
Ranked #21 of 51 Specialty Lodging in Chicago
ohio45107
“The apartment was beautiful and the staff was impeccable.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

My friends and I stay here for two nights and could not be happier with the place. We were on the 26th floor with beautiful city views. Everything we needed was included. It was very secure with a key fob needed to enter the elevators. I would highly recommend Bridgestreet for anyone.

• Stayed February 2013

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2013 via mobile

Due to some bad reviews, I was concerned about my reservation. I emailed them and got an answer ob the same day, with all the information I needed and even the room number (one month prior to my arrival!). I arrived very late at night but it was not an issue, the doorman was very helpful and game me my keys and my "welcome package".
The apartment itself is ver big, well decorated, has a perfectly equiped kitchen and itslocation is amazing. Besides, I'm spending much less comparing to a hotel, with much more comfort and privacy.
Keep in mind they don't offer housekeeping on a daily basis, they come only once every two weeks, it is not a problem for me, but may be for someone else.

Beverley, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2012 via mobile

This is our second stay at State and Grand by Bridgestreet after first staying last September. I must admit that we were slightly wary of booking this time due to a few bad reviews but we emailed Jennifer Scanlon in the office and she was very helpful and reassuring.
10 hours before we were due to fly American Airlines cancelled our flight and rebooked us 24 hrs later. I emailed Jennifer who put our minds at rest that out apartment would be waiting when we eventually arrived.
We took the blue line from into Ohare and then a taxi from lake.
The moment the taxi door opened we were greeted by friendly helpful staff.
Our 2 bed 2 bed apartment was on the 26th this time and slightly smaller than our previous stay but the views were much better. We had 2 double rooms one en suite and a separate shower room. We hoped being on the 26 th floor would be quiter but we could still hear the fire engines go out from the nearby firehouse but this is city living.The only other thing we don't really like is the fact the blinds don't make the room go very dark.
The best thing about this place is the friendly staff on the downstairs desk and also the location. You go downstairs round the corner across the road and up the escalator into Nordstorm and through onto the Magnificent mile. The red line also stops outside also several bus routes perfect location. There are lots of restuarants within easy distance and a supermarket across the road.
The girl on the desk printed our boarding cards for us and because we felt uncomfortable about how much to tip her we bought her cupcakes from the Magnolia Bakery for which she seemed really pleased.
We returned to the airport in style in a limo arranged by Bridgestreet for us.
We have only had one small problem with the billing that is being sorted by Jennifer for us and in no way spoilt out stay. We will be back.

• Stayed November 2012
Wokingham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2012

Located in the heart of downtown Chicago. Five minute walk from the Magnificent Mile. Surrounded by restaurants, bars, shopping, hotels. Rooms were clean and comfortable. Views were superb.Kitchen was reasonably well equipped. Step out of the building and you had convenience stores to buy basics like milk. Staff was professional and friendly.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
UK
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2012

I've always been a fan of Bridgestreet apartments but the State and Grand one was brilliant. The apartment was comfortable, spacious and well loacted - with stunning views all round. It works well if you there for a week and more, especially for work. It's such a lovely place to come home to, and yes I did consider it home for that brief time I was there. It is brilliantly located, near Whole Foods and good restaurants, and shopping. For myself, it was located in the center of great public transportation. I used the buses and trains frequently, and they stopped just next to the apartment. Very convenient parking and great service. if I had one small gripe, it was the doors -- they are heavy, be careful. And oh yes, please include HBO in your package.

Room Tip: They're stuning
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Buenos Aires, Argentina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2012

The apartment is fantastic, It was really amazing, It exceeded our expectations, great location, The apartment is completly furnished in a very nice style, it has a very nice view of the city and it also has a nice kitchen and a laundry machine in the apartment, and also the people at the front desk is very nice and helpfull, we'll go back asap.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Nottingham, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2012

There seems to be a recurring theme to this story. On the way to the airport I received an email stating that my booking from 4 months prior had been cancelled with an offer for one night only in a hotel 16 miles/1 hour away. This was totally unacceptable as I needed to be in the city centre that night. As Chicago is 6 hours behind , I could not contact them before boarding the plane. This caused panic in the airport at both ends and I ended up finding my own place after a 2 hour flight delay.
I sent them an email which they did not respond to and when I went to see them personally there was only a receptionist who took my phone number for them to call me but to no avail.
To rub salt in the wound , they sent me an email / invoice demanding payment for the complete booking as they could not action my credit card. As luck would have it !!!!!!!! , I had my wallet stolen/lost while I was in Chicago so my card was rejected. I would hate to think what would have happened if they had taken my money .What a rotten customer care system. Don't let it happen to you !!!

Stayed June 2012, traveled with family

Been to State and Grand by BridgeStreet Worldwide? Share your experiences!