“Better than ever” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Benny's Chop House is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #24 of 7,737 Restaurants in Chicago
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Good for: Doing business, Romantic, Entertaining clients, Local cuisine, Large groups, Bar scene, Special occasions
Dining options: Lunch, Dessert, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Illinois
Description: Benny's Chop House, a uniquely new, uniquely-Chicago modern day chophouse. Benny's features the highest quality steaks, fish, seafood and chops.
Dublin, Ireland
“Better than ever”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2014

Second time back and I have to say, it was even better than our last visit (if that is even possible!). The food is out of this world. I still dream about the Lobster macaroni!! If you do one thing in Chicago, dine here! One tip: skip the entrees! The mains are so amazing, you'll want to be hungry!

Visited May 2014

• Hebrew first
Boston, Massachusetts
“Pricey But Worth It”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014

I had a great experience at Benny's. The staff was friendly and attentive and the food was to die for. We got the steak tartar, natural fed steaks, and the creme brulee and I would recommend it all. You are certainly paying for service and quality.

Visited May 2014
“Great dinner after a day of travel.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2014 via mobile

Close to The Langham and Trump Hotels. Steaks were perfect; however stay away from the blue cheese croquettes. The crispy kale, heirloom tomato salad, grilled Caesar, and chocolate layer cake were delicious. The cake serves up to 4 people. Background piano was lovely. Atmosphere is a bit dated.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Chicago, Illinois
“Superb”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2014 via mobile

We Ate here and I had Crab cakes and husband had lobster. Cooked very well, service was slower than we like, good choice of drinks.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Ontario
“Not the dining experience we were looking for - felt very stressed out the whole evening!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2014

We were there early on Saturday night with our two boys. (11 and 13 years old). My husband and I have dined at Benny's before and had a much more positive experience. The best way to describe our evening was the fact that we felt we were being "up sold" and that isn't the most comfortable feeling to have. Our Server suggested the Seafood Platter to start and said the kids would love it. Well, it is quite expensive ($75.00) and it really wasn't something for kids that haven't had much seafood. They didn't like that it was all on ice - perhaps Lobster steamed would be more appealing for kids. We then ordered some breaded calamari for them. When it came time to order our dinner, I asked about the kids menu. (I had looked online and knew that they offered one). We never got to see the kid's menu, our Server just said he would take care of us. We ordered the smallest steaks for the boys (5oz with two sides, which on the kid's menu says $19.99). My husband and I also ordered steak for our meal. The steaks arrived and the boys were the perfect size for them and they were cooked perfectly. Our steaks were just warm - not hot like you would expect. My husband never complains, but he did mention that they were just not hot enough. They took our steaks away and about 5-10 minutes later they came back with our steaks and they were hot. Needless to say this was quite disappointing when you are trying to have a nice dining experience with your family. We had also mentioned earlier to our Server that our son was actually shivering because he was so cold. We were in the very back room and he must have been under a vent for the air conditioner.....again not a great experience to be freezing cold during your dining experience. When it came time for dessert, we were too full but somehow the kids just had enough room! They were not offered anything from the kids menu and so they ordered a chocolate pudding cake and the carrot cake. The portions were HUGE (especially the carrot cake) and again this would have been nice to know. We were flying home the next day, so it wasn't even worth it to take it to go. It was a waste! We were then waiting for our bill and our Server brought us another Smores type of dessert for the table. He said it was on the house because our steaks weren't cooked to our satisfaction. A very nice gesture, but seriously too late! Perhaps give us the kids desserts complimentary or a glass of wine, but don't offer us a dessert when we have two uneaten desserts on the table. When we did receive our bill the kids steaks were not from the kids menu - they were almost $60.00 and when I asked our Server about it, he said it was the sides. At this point since I didn't have the kids menu to refer to - I just left it alone and we paid the very large bill and we tipped 20%. I have just not been able to feel good about our experience and feel so disappointed that this special evening with our kids wasn't what we had envisioned.

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

Been to Benny's Chop House? Share your experiences!

If you own or manage Benny's Chop House, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.