“It was ok” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #23 of 300 Activities in Chicago
Type: Tours, Food & Drink
Activities: Group tours/day tour
More attraction details
Owner description: Experience Tastebud Tours the #1 Food Tour in Chicago in the city of deep dish pizza and Chicago-style hot dogs. Enjoy tastes of these iconic dishes synonymous with our great city and be introduced to other foods that Chicago has made famous. Walk through the heart of the city on our taste adventure. Eat at six or seven memorable restaurants and food specialty shops. Hear about Chicago’s history, cultural fun facts and celebrated cuisine. Gift certificates available. Group Events & Customized Private Tours also available. Open year-round. Advance ticket purchase is required. Tours sell out in advance. Come hungry!
Guilford,CT
30 attraction reviews
“It was ok”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2012

The Italian Beef at Mr Beef was good as was the hot dog at Downtown Dogs, but it was alot of walking for nothing real exciting. I think I would have preferred the pizza tour. Lynn, our tour guide was very good and we did have a managable group.

• Korean first
Atlanta, Georgia
“A "Must Do" for Chicago...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2012

I took the "Savor Chicago Tour" with Annalynn - she was wonderful, and so was all the food. The portions are large so come hungry - and what I liked best was how welcome all the places made you feel, and how relaxed the tour was. The baked crab cake from Devon's Seafood Grill was the BEST! (So was everything else, but that was my favorite!) A must do when in Chicago, I plan on taking another tour when I go back!

San Antonio, Texas, United States
“Would definitely do again... amazing food and amazing tour”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2012

My boyfriend and I were soooo impressed with the tour. Not only was it lots and lots of eating, but our tour guide Anna Lynn was so knowledgable and sweet. We liked it so much, we are doing another one next week with Anna Lynn.

Chicago, Illinois
“A taste of chicago culture, history and best eats.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2012

We expected our tour guide to provide us with a sampling of chicago's best eats....but we were pleasantly surprised by the addition of the cultural and historical information provided by our tour guide. We had a chicago style dog, italian beef, deep dish pizza, gumbo, cupcake and more... Everything was amazing, perfectly prepared and enthusiastically explained with fun background origins of these great chicago staples. Our tour guide Annalynn seemed to really enjoy her job and set a nice relaxed pace and answered any questions we had. We are looking forward to taking another tour in the future. I would recommend this tour and any tours offered by this company!

Visited February 2012
Detroit, Michigan
13 attraction reviews
“Not for the faint of heart-burn”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2012

I very much enjoyed this tour - it was just my mother and I that day, so we got to go at our own pace, which was perfect. Our tour guide, Annalynn, was upbeat, friendly, knowledgable, and overall a great guide. We were staying at one of the stops on the tour, The Palmer House Hilton hotel, so everything was right in our area. The walking tour was great for someone very new to the city who wanted to experience the immediate downtown as well as architectural gems like the Cultural Center - the best stop of the tour! However, the cause for the detracted star and my only warning is that it's a lot of food and certainly not easy on the stomach for older or more sensitive people - my mother couldn't stomach all the awesome Chicago-style deep dish pizza, hotdogs with hot peppers & onions & relish, rich chocolate treats, and hefty beef sandwich with spicy pickled veggies. It really was a ton of food and quite delicious, but I might recommend a different tour for those who can't handle all the meat & cheese & carbs!

Visited February 2012