We stayed here as a family whilst one of the adults was attending a large conference in November 2012. I don't think I saw any other children in the hotel for the four days we stayed, but we were never made to feel unwelcome.
The hotel was what you'd expect from any of this class: comfy beds, fluffy bathrobes... And also over-priced in-room WiFi and nowhere to keep your leftover pizza because the fridge is full of minibar items and completely automated to charge you automatically when items are removed. These little "Nickle and dime" things really bother me given the amount being paid for the room in the first place.
My only other complaint was the temperature of the pool! The pool itself was too small to be used for lap swimming, but much too cold to be enjoyed for leisure swimming.
We loved the location, an easy walk, even for a pre-schooler, to public transport. The staff were all helpful and friendly. The food in the restaurant was amazing, and, again, even though ours were the only children there, they were welcomed.
Just on principle, next time we are in Chicago, we would probably look for a hotel with free WiFi, but we wouldn't mind staying here again.
- Also Known As:
- Jw Marriott Chicago Hotel
- Jw Marriott Chicago Hotel Chicago
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Encounter a landmark downtown Chicago luxury hotel and experience the renowned architecture of Daniel Burnham and his vision for a luxury hotel in Chicago, Illinois. Located at LaSalle & Adams, this Chicago luxury hotel soars above skyscrapers in the heart of one of the world's most powerful financial districts. With a $396 million restoration, this historic JW luxury hotel exudes Burnham's refined style combined with 21st century sensibility, providing downtown Chicago with a one-of-a-kind authentic destination. Unwind in one of our 610 luxury hotel rooms or rejuvenate body and mind inside our world-class 20,000 sq. ft. Valeo Spa and wellness center. As the epitome of refined elegance, the JW Marriott luxury hotel in downtown Chicago provides stunning domed-ceiling ballrooms and meeting venues for corporate gatherings or extravagant weddings and social soirees. Discover Daniel Burnham's foundation of excellence at the JW Marriott Chicago, and experience a premier luxury hotel in Chicago. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Marriott, Travelocity, Priceline, Hotels.com, Expedia, Olotels, Cheap Tickets, Hotwire, getaroom.com, Agoda, Venere, HotelsClick and Tingo so you can book your JW Marriott Chicago reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.